Default 55-65 light duty saginaw transmission

Has anyone ever tried to run one of these. If I ran all the gear in the rear would it hold up...its 15# lighter than a normal 3 speed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I put one in my sons stock car, it has first gear and third gear in it, and weighed the same as my alum muncie 2 speed
    have had absolutely 0 problems with it, only thing is output shaft is coarse splined, and yokes can be pricey.

Curt Drake
    late model #55x

What do they come in very good option over a aluminum 4 speed.

Thanks for the reply down here in Ga they price Muncies like gold you can buy a used Bert or Brinn for what they want for them but we can not run them another of those great ideas to save racers money because with a Muncie you still have to buy a clutch /pressure plate and all that goes with it.

evidently the one we have is a little more heavy duty.... broke a rear gear, pretzled the driveshaft into the floor, and didnt hurt the trans at all. Mine was built by a company in minnesota. Tork machine, they specialize in two and 3 speeds.

Curt Drake
    Late Model #55x

SCD, what kind of clutch did you use in your stocker, and was there a big difference going to the powerglide?

Thanks for the info. Im in the middle of putting a b-mod together for a first time driver. We're supposed to run a stock converter, but I believe mine will somehow leak out all the fluid. lol

Thanks. Actually the car owner owns a tranny shop, so that wouldn't be hard at all. Im not too worried because the tech men around here are dumber than a box of rocks. Example, all our shocks must have the mfrs part number stamped on the body, identifying it as a 50/50 shock. At all corners! Duhhhh, I guess we cant order that particular shock body with our own valving in them! That's what I have to deal with around here!