Cool Chase Elliot to R.H.R. 2016

Good Luck-----> NASCAR on FOX 1 hr · . It's official: Chase Elliott to drive the No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet full-time in 2016, replacing four-time champion Jeff Gordon. Chase Elliott named driver of Hendrick Motorsports No. 24 car in 2016 Chase Elliott has been named the driver of the No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet for the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, taking over for four-time... foxs.pt|By Fox Sports

Surprise, surprise!

The number 24 will be waxing the number 3 in 2016.

Is this kid really that good? He slipped under the radar on me. Is the talent really there or did smiling Bill come forward with big $$ or a major sponsor? That's a he11 of a ride and some big shoes to fill for a youngster. Always enjoy seeing young talent come up in racing. Hope he does well.
    8/13/16

I know he got to victory lane when he won his championship. He even put a whipping on some of the cup guys when they came down.

Beating kenseth, harvick, and the Kyles at Darlington is impressive as well.

Chase will hold his own in NASCAR Sprint Cup racing for sure.

I thought it was HMS. When was it changed to RHR?

Incredibly poised and polished for someone his age. In NASCAR darlington seems like the ultimate drivers track, he won there by driving by some cup regulars. Won at Texas also.

His last name helped him climb faster I'm sure, but his enormous talent will keep him there for a long time.

Will be fast out of the truck. Will be a contender in 2-3 years.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I thought it was HMS. When was it changed to RHR?
    You are correct....I posted that in a big hurry....lol

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Is this kid really that good? He slipped under the radar on me. Is the talent really there or did smiling Bill come forward with big $$ or a major sponsor? That's a he11 of a ride and some big shoes to fill for a youngster. Always enjoy seeing young talent come up in racing. Hope he does well.
    Chase can handle it. This was a wise choice made by HMS..... I think he will be another "Awsome Bill" from Dawsonville.......

I thought I saw, somewhere, that Hendricks was trying to buy the number 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I thought I saw, somewhere, that Hendricks was trying to buy the number 9.
    Well now, that would be alright!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Richard Petty Racing said they will release the #9
    Last edited by _keith_; 01-29-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Richard Petty: #9 is Chase Elliott's if he wants it: On Wednesday, NASCAR Sprint Cup team owner Richard Petty said he's not "emotionally attached" to #9, which Marcos Ambrose carried at Richard Petty Motorsports and which Sam Hornish Jr. will carry this year. "We inherited that number [when Petty bought the remnants of the Ray Evernham/George Gillette team]," Petty said. "It doesn't mean anything to me, but it does to the sponsors we'd already signed for this year. If the kid wants it next year, though, that's fine with us." "The kid" he refers to is Chase Elliott. His famous father carried number 9 for most of his career, getting 38 of his 44 victories and his championship with it. "Awesome Bill" carried 17 other numbers during his Sprint Cup career, most notably 11 with Junior Johnson, 21 with the Wood brothers and 94 with the team he created and owned late in his career. Chase Elliott will run five Cup races this year in #25 for Hendrick Motorsports. Don't be surprised if that number is 9 when the 2016 season opens in Daytona Beach.(AutoWeek)(1-29-2015