Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by racenut View Post
    He put them signs up cause he says Fairbury all the help just comes and helps for free.. I told him all the money they make gets spent on the race track or town not in your pocket and leaves town is why man he went nuts.....A$$ was all I could think..

I guess everyone's experiences are different. We have supported K3 for the last 3 seasons, and never had an issue with anyone. We mind our own business, dont get caught up in the drama and just come to race. I think the track prep was better this year than years past and we all know how challenging the weather was this year. I like racing K3, we have learned alot there, and Tom and his staff have treated us well. Maybe you get what you give. Thats my experience.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

I agree with you Dave, I call Tom on the phone lots and have NEVER been disrespected by him, I even questioned him on something at the Banquet and with all he was doing he gave me an answer with no hollering or being out of line. I bet it was because of the way I approached him, no one likes to be jumped on from the start of a discussion, so keep your cool and talk don't scream and howler it's only gonna make people go on the defense and nothing is gonna get resolved. As for the racing surface it was much better this year than last year. I agree and I HATE to be there till 1:30am that we need to get the show done by 11-11:30 every night. One thing that would help is to have a wrecker or two (I see them foe around $2500 all over) nothing fancy just a workable truck to clear the track quick. Forget the intermission with six classes running we have plenty od time between races to make adjustments or repairs to the cars. With these two ideas I just cut 30 minuets or more out of the evening. Another idea would be to only run 5 classes a night, everyone I'm sure could use a week off once a month, I know I'd like it.

Kankakee needs more banking on the highside, tom make sure you dish the track out some more. Make the straightaways longer. Make the frontstretch 2 cars wide instead of 3. And race 8 classes. I assure you racers and fans would come back.

ok, all you guy's that say TS is doing a good job I really dont see it.. Everyone has their own thought's... I raced at 3-k many year's ago... You would get a full car count in all division's..and even semi features ! . And you never knew who was going to show up.. those were the days... not trying to start any crap with anyone.. I respect all your opinions... some good, and some not.. but that is ok... There has to be a reason why driver's and fan's don't go there... maybe someone can start a "poll" and see what need's to be done.. I know a lot of driver's that wont go there because of the promoter and live in Kankakee... Yes, the pay was cut at time's, and when you hear him say " this is my track !, I'll run it the way I want too !, if you dont like it, go someplace else ".. That don't sit well because some guy's have been racing there for year's.. There is power in number's, and i'm am not seeing it at Kankakee, and I am sorry to say that, but it is what it is ! Let's see what the schedule is for this year... remember he said he will have Lucas or Woo in a few year's.. it's time to step up and have some real big show's too !... I have been going to the race's since the late 50's, and countless track's..paved and dirt.. so I do know something about this subject... Thank's Guy's ! :-)

150 a night for a wrecker and he wont pay it...but shows up to the speedway with 5 or 6 crates and drives one under some stupid name!!! STICK TO LANDSCAPING SMITTY!!!!

racing 3 months away and still no schedule!!

Quote Originally Posted by latemodefan View Post
    you need the Oconnors back
    I wish that would happen but I doubt it ever will.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    I guess everyone's experiences are different. We have supported K3 for the last 3 seasons, and never had an issue with anyone. We mind our own business, dont get caught up in the drama and just come to race. I think the track prep was better this year than years past and we all know how challenging the weather was this year. I like racing K3, we have learned alot there, and Tom and his staff have treated us well. Maybe you get what you give. Thats my experience.

Dave
    Get what you give is what you said ... When i go to burger king I give them money and i get food when i went to KKK i gave money and got told i should come work for free... Not how it works

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    As a driver at K3 Tom has never cut the payout except the last night for one class when 4 UMP Mods (there purse was cut I was told but all 4 drivers were ok with the payout) showed up. All other classes were paid the regular payout. Also it rained off and on all night and with almost no one in the stands Tom could have cut all the purses that night but didn't. K3 may not be perfect but Tom is keeping the place open and us up North have a dirt track to race at. You fans and drivers from FALS/FC South have at least a dozen, if Kankakee closes us in the Chicago area have NOTHING, and don't mention LaSalle and Sycamore because they either don't run the same classes or are no better than the promoters at K3.
    First of all LaSalle and Sycamore don't even run Friday nights so it was just dumb to bring them into the mix and what do you mean the promoters aren't any better? Tony Izzo Jr is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good promoter in my opinion and the guy knows how to prep a track. Take your trash talking somewhere else. Guys like you are hurting the sport by running off at the mouth.

No trash talking only the facts. And I only mentioned LaSalle and Sycamore because they are the only tracks within the Chicago area North of I-80 not to bash either. In 05 Kerriann ran me off with her attitude and the way she handled things. She WAS just what people are accusing Tom Smith of doing. As for Tony Jr. I only know him from when he raced at LaSalle in the late 90's and early 00's and yes he said hi when I walked by (I raced in a different class) and didn't act like a jerk (unlike his sister). He is doing a good job with the improvements and keeping the show moving along most nights my son who still races there is on his way home by 10pm. Read what is posted before you respond so you don't look like an idiot.

I read where the 3K promoters are going to run Gas City this year…

My trip to 3K was in '81… I towed down from Wisconsin for an end of season special. Used two tanks of fuel in my 454 dually. I pulled in about 3PM figuring I'd be early and get a good pit spot. The show was advertised as 'qualifying at 6… racing at 8PM'. Big surprise when I found out the A main was about to start… they screwed up and ran their weekly ad with changes to the headline! The show started at 11 AM.

Tuff to spend $$$ on 75 gallons of gas to go watch a 50 lap main event.
    Last edited by Krooser; 02-05-2015 at 02:54 PM.

As a promoter you can't be hard headed. That's what his problem is... Drivers love coming to FALS and now Farmer City with the new fair board because they are willing to give and take, willing to hear both sides of a story and give a fair judgement..... TS has driven away a ton of drivers and once that starts happening things go downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I read where the 3K promoters are going to run Gas City this year...
    You read wrong. The O'Connor Family the former promoters of Kankakee (current owners of Kokomo, and promoters of Terre Haute) will be promoting Gas City, IN.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    You read wrong. The O'Connor Family the former promoters of Kankakee (current owners of Kokomo, and promoters of Terre Haute) will be promoting Gas City, IN.
    LIFE in stead of DEATH that's all-was GOOD... Glad good promoters are there not the bad one.. have know the O'Connors since the old man and D1ck hedrick ran a car back in the 80s

Will I knowed the O'Connors from SANTA FE speedway got too know him real well from the 0 car driven by O'Connor and owned by Hedrick ... thats a track I miss alot

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The story never mentioned any names… just said the successful promoters of Kankakee Speedway were now adding Gas City to their resume. I saw the info on a blog somewhere. I guess 4M isn't the only place you can get bad info!

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    The story never mentioned any names… just said the successful promoters of Kankakee Speedway were now adding Gas City to their resume. I saw the info on a blog somewhere. I guess 4M isn't the only place you can get bad info!
    yeah that's understandable. per the gas city website the track has 7/8 races this year.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Will I knowed the O'Connors from SANTA FE speedway got too know him real well from the 0 car driven by O'Connor and owned by Hedrick ... thats a track I miss alot
    I agree about Santa Fe. That might have been the best track in the Midwest period. That dude knew hot to run a track and treat the drivers/ crews & fans with respect and dignity.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Whatever your personal dealings with Tom have been, its not very productive to get on here and bash him and the track. Lets bash it until it goes under. With the economy the way it is, Im sure promotors will be lined up to come in. Then you all can start a new post about, I wonder if K3 will ever open again? Lets close LaSalle also, so everyone can drive 2 1/2 hrs to see a race. Ya that will help.

Dave.
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports