Default 2012 orange front rocket

I am about to pick up a 2012 orange front rocket this weekend it looks like and I know these cars had their issues. My main question is what are it's characteristics exactly and what can be done to improve the drive ability of the car. Thanks in advance!

Their issue s was they are so good the fast guys didn't want everyone buying them. So they spread rumors. In my opinion . best car out of the box ever.

Thanks for the reply brian! Any other folks with some info that could possibly p.m. me anything?

I have heard a lot of people say they were the best driving cars.

We were the fastest car on the track when the track was tacky. Couldn't get it to go in the slick. Heard guys really like them on the tight small tracks we were on a 5/8. Gave up on it after a half season.

So good nobody wants one? I bet bloomquist knows what is missing!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Why don't you call Rocket and ask them their opinion! I was amazed and glad they were honest!

I don't think they make the Oranges anymore. From my understanding they took what they liked of the orange and incorporated it to the Blue/Grey. When we went down and got our new chassis there sure were a bunch of traded in orange cars...

I did call them. Just wanted some more info from some folks that may have ran them and see what they may have done to it and it's characteristics and if they may have had better luck with updating the cars to the blue grey stuff. But thanks for your very insightful and helpful response because I would have never thought of that!

Apparently people are just converting them we were just told to change spindles and RF Lower and upper and depending on which spindle ball joint height. Is that the same you were told? We couldn't get it turned in on entry. THe opposite problems of what was stated here. Anyone care to share more. We went back to RF Blue setup.

Yeah you were told correct. You can run the orange car just like a blue car while running orange spindles. 1/2 taller top ball joint, 8 1/4 upper and 19 1/8 lower on RF and 11/ 14 upper on LF. you have to change the 4 bar lengths and a lot more
    Last edited by Kwoods25; 02-02-2015 at 04:59 PM.

See I wasn't told the rear bar lengths deal. I was only told to run the 1/2 taller joint on the RF but your doing both uppers and the LF upper a arm too?

Yes to be a true blue. All the rod lengths in the back are different. And the lengths up front are diffrent

I'll post up correct lengths when I get home

LR top set to 18 1/4", bottom 15". .RR top 18 1/2". Lower 15 1/4". jbar 20 1/4" - 21". LF upper is 1/4 longer. RF upper is 3/4 shorter and lower is 1" longer
    Last edited by Kwoods25; 02-03-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Yeah I know its the 19 1/8 lower and 8 1/4 upper. I did hear guys were keeping the Orange rear settings, but I guess testing will tell. Thanks for the info KWoods. Season is starting soon if we run into anything that works for us I'll share it with you we run down south so we have some sticky clay. Turning on entry is always an issue!

on the rear does this mean the rear is square on the orange and trailing 1/4 " on the right rear on the blue? or is the blue square after the adjustment?

I've never known lol Its hard to go off sometimes you can't really go off the ball joint zerk stuff because they build in front lead. You can go off midplate. I think most of the rears are jigged square across rear hookups then you set your trail with bars, But bars have built in toe on the mounting points so just because the bar is one setting doesn't mean its moved the rear an equal amount. I just check dynamic rear steer and compare it to my bar settings to see what the builder is trying to do . I've never checked it statically honestly just baselines bars and adjusted to what the car needs.