Default Does Mastersbilt make a "crate chassis"?

I had heard from a few people that mastersbilt has been making chassis just for crate racing in mind. I was just wondering if there was any truth to that. I just bought a 2006 smackdown 2" square tube chassis that I plan on running in crates this yr. Several guys running supers locally are having great success with these square tube chassis and I really like the idea of square tube for the main frame rails, but I also know that they would have to weigh quite a bit more than say a 1 3/4 round tube chassis. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is anyone running the 1 3/4 chassis? I've done as much research as I can about the differences in the two. People say they usually preferred 2" square over round because they tended to last longer and was more rigid.

Call 'em and find out.

My current car is a 2" square but I run supers. When I was crate racing I had the 1¾ round and was very successful with it. I've got a very close friend I help whose also got the 1¾" that he runs in limited late and is also very successful. The square cars are very tedious on change, you can over adjust very easily if your not careful to where the 1¾" are very forgiven. Now that I'm back crate racing I wished mine was 1¾", but that's just a preference because I had good luck with one. Didn't change set-up that much from different track configurations.

Do you think that the 2" is more sensitive to change because the chassis is a bit stiffer?

Yes, it is their common car selling now to where it was 2" x2" square. You can call Keith or Tader Masters and they will explain the differences, or if you call to purchase a new one they will ask what class, tire rule, and tracks you will run to give you the best combination.

The Gen-X is a good crate car. As far as specific to crate racing, I'm not sure. Lots of people around this area run them. Call MBH in Martinsburg, WV and talk to Tader.

They make a crate spindle for the x car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Isn't it a 1" different steering arm on the crate Gen-X spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnywhoop52 View Post
    Isn't it a 1" different steering arm on the crate Gen-X spindle?
    The right side steering arm on the crate spindle is about 1/2" longer than standard. Left side steering arm is same as standard.

The Gen-X is a good crate car. As far as specific to crate racing, I'm not sure. Lots of people around this area run them. Call MBH in Martinsburg, WV and talk to Tader.

They are making a IMCA car that is more the lines of what the crates are. They are being shipped out of Iowa by "Gheer'd Up Racecars" Tyson Gheer is the mind behind it. He has been Justin Kays crew chief for the last few years. These car have been stupid fast since they came out finishing almost 1-4 every night.Heres the number (563) 941-7350Good luck!!!

Yes, it is their common car selling now to where it was 2" x2" square. You can call Keith or Tader Masters and they will explain the differences, or if you call to purchase a new one they will ask what class.