Default kse tandem pump issue

installed an older style kse tandem pump on my super stock,fuel pump side seems to be working great but I have low pressure on the ps side. very hard to steer at idle,and barely gets an better as rpms come up. looking in reservoir...there is barely any circulation. would a seal kit resolve this issue or could there be another issue with the pump. sweet 6-1 box,car had a sweet block mount previously and worked fine.
    Bartley Grant
    #1 red,white and blue sportsman and mod-#24 lightning/smokehouse grill mod
    www.bartleygrant.com

I've never had a kse. But they are a different pump style the the Krc/sweet pumps. Going to take a few rpms to get good assist. Not 7000 but more than idle. I have seen several broken pump rings broken in the older style. I believe they had to be sent in for repair. Crazy close tolerances for hydraulic pressure

If you screw the fitting out of the pump on the pressure side there is a valve there you can change the amount of assist by getting a different valve

thanks guys. just spoke with a tech at kse,the older tandem pump will not work well with a sweet 6-1 box. they are fine for factory style boxes such as a z box or a 605 but with the sweet box I will have to use the newer tandem x pump...it has 2-300 psi more pressure at lower rpm. with that said,i have 2 of the older style tandem pumps for sale-$400 each
    Bartley Grant
    #1 red,white and blue sportsman and mod-#24 lightning/smokehouse grill mod
    www.bartleygrant.com