Thread: B shepp

Default B shepp

I saw the DoD drivers rankings and read where Brandon sheppard will be making a decision on the tour after speedweeks. Seeing he is going to some lucas races, does that mean he is thinking about running the full lucas tour?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocket1 View Post
    I saw the DoD drivers rankings and read where Brandon sheppard will be making a decision on the tour after speedweeks. Seeing he is going to some lucas races, does that mean he is thinking about running the full lucas tour?
    Saw a post a month or two ago about him possibly running for Lucas Oil Rookie Of The Year. Said he would see how he comes out after Speed weeks and decide from there.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Makes me wonder how much mark richards/rocket is going to help him out this year.

They need to be looking at him or someone else to get behind not just short term,

With Brandon having a kid now, I don't see him being a long term driver for a high profile team. Josh is too old and had a taste of of the nascrap and I don't see him leaving dirt again. Could be wrong but just don't see it happening. If rocket is looking/needing someone else they may be needing a "young" guy from close to home for them. Who could it be?? I see josh staying out for years to come personally.

Quote Originally Posted by swartzman View Post
    They need to be looking at him or someone else to get behind not just short term,
    They have Josh Richards who is one of the best DLM drivers in the world for WoO. I could see the logic in also having a house car run on the Lucas series too.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Default For now

Josh is their man for now. Unless he gets another shot at Nascrap that's worth taking, don't see him leaving either. The one with KBR that fell through sucks, because that coulda helped him a bunch. Always wondered why Tony hasn't helped him more. Give him a shot for one year, if he doesn't do well, cut your ties.

I think, if they have the excess cash, to have a driver on Lucas full time would be a great idea. But, just because you're the top builder doesn't mean you can afford to support two full time teams running in different series. Same series, you could cut some costs, different series, which makes more sense, it's a complete team for both. And Brandon would be the best choice as long as he really wants to follow a tour. Josh and him seem to get along well, and I'm guessing Mark too. Because they were still helping him out. Depends if he wants to with the young family and all. Either way, best of luck to Josh and Brandon in 2015 and beyond.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 02-04-2015 at 08:11 AM.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocket1 View Post
    With Brandon having a kid now, I don't see him being a long term driver for a high profile team. Josh is too old and had a taste of of the nascrap and I don't see him leaving dirt again. Could be wrong but just don't see it happening. If rocket is looking/needing someone else they may be needing a "young" guy from close to home for them. Who could it be?? I see josh staying out for years to come personally.
    Josh Richards is the driver, and will be for the foreseeable future. He's 27. I can't see them putting a second car on the road with an unproven talent unless they're coming with a bunch of cash and/or sponsorship. In WV/PA/OH, I can't really see anybody younger than Josh coming with any of that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Saw a post a month or two ago about him possibly running for Lucas Oil Rookie Of The Year. Said he would see how he comes out after Speed weeks and decide from there.
    It would be nice to see Brandon back out on a tour and Lucas ROY would be an ok deal of Mark Richards and Rocket are helping him because the talent that he has is amazing but I just can't see him staying away from his family the whole season... But I could be wrong.. Hopefully he does well down at speed weeks and decides on the future..