Thread: Brake Bias Help

Default Brake Bias Help

This year we are allowed to run brake bias adjusters, i have a wilwood brake pedal with masters i picked up on the cheap at a flea market, is there any thing special i need to do with rear drums to make this system work? different size masters for front and rear? i have always used a factory master so this is new territory for me. Thanks in advance for the help

Someone must have done this before?

Yeah...get rid of the 'Drums'.
    My suggestion is,you will need twin master cylinders,set-up on a balance bar,so the screw adjustment sways to one or the other,creating more pressure on that side.One system for the front,and one system for the rear.Use a pedal/cyl system that hangs from the top.NOT from the floor,or you will at sometime,have bleeding problems.

I guess the bias adjustment would still adjust to your liking using drums,but i would think using a disc system on all four corners would give you a waaaaay better braking system,and feel.

Myself,i race a 2800lb car,and i like about 300lb more rear pressure then the front.You need to play with and find how to drive the car using more Brake,rather then letting off the gas to enter a corner and upsetting the car.Just don't use so much rear bias that you spin or slam if you need to stop.

Learn to drive the car using more brake instead of stabbing the go pedal.Use it to make the movements more smooth.

Goodluck!
    Last edited by runyou-2; 02-05-2015 at 02:54 PM.

THanks Run, i intended on running a dual master set up but didnt know if there would be issues with an aftermarket wilwood master with drums, thanks for your help

If you have to run drums you may want a residual valve . http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...rple,7502.html