Default IMCA Hobby Stock/ Stock Car

Do you want it to squat or lift on the LR and vice versa on the RF?, i've read pages and pages and everyone says something different, looking for someone to clear this up, thanks
    It's always the cars fault

Thanks for all of the help

What about baseline spring rates and shocks for an imca stockcar, ive talked to local guys and even a past supernationals champion and their front spring rates are all over the place, anywhere from 800-1600, rears were still within reason 200-250 lr and 175-225 rr, and the guy with the heavy front springs would run anywhere from 56%-58% rear, is this a common thing or is it just b.s.?, thanks

okay thanks, im somewhat new to the stock car game, ive been building dirt modifieds in recent years( 113 cars and counting...) and ive had some come guys come to me wanting me to build some stock cars and im just trying to see the current trends i guess, and also what are the thoughts on Roll Center Location(both static and dynamic), caster and camber gain/loss, and insight here would be great, either reply here or pm is fine too, thanks

No one size fits all answer for any of your questions, you just need a good understanding of whats going on. Spring wise I always shot for 3" of compression on RF, more than 3" needs more spring, less than 3" needs less, 50 to 100 Split, it all depends on RC height, Track banking and driving style, etc etc. Rear springs 25-50 max split. RC heights are all over the place also, depending on the amount of roll over you are shooting for, but the car will be most driveable if you can keep the dynamic RC within a 4" circle of the static setting. Camber gain will also depend on what it will take to keep the RF tire flat at full roll and 3" compression, generally 1 deg per inch of travel. Caster gain will help the loading effect and the stock suspension needs all the help it can get. RF anti dive I kept less than 2 deg. LF zero to -2 (pro dive) This way when you get off the brake the chassis sits down on the RF and turns. Just some things to consider, but no one way is the best, it all has to work together.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports