Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    Bowyers two cars switched to penske shocks over the off season did they confiscate oneal's or francis's "cheater shocks" cause lord knows penske wouldnt sell bowyer a set he isnt big time enough for them lol prolly couldnt afford them either only scott bloomquist can .......
    i stand corrected, from what i understand his shocks where taken last night . The dude still picked of 9 cars to a top 5 finish so lets not act as if he is out in left field .

There was a shock package from Penske the Scott, Madden, and Overton were running at the end of last year. Heard that's why Overton was in the older Bloomquist cars instead of the newer Club stuff. Anyway, several bigger guys in the pits at Dixie were griping about it, and heard then they were going to outlaw the combination for this year.

This is not rumor, its what I saw and heard. Guess it was true.

That being said that package would not have been great on the surface they had last night anyway. Smooth and slick it's hard to handle. Scott's awesome, and is going to win a ton of races every year, but this guy is not far off in his initial report.

Shocks that can be electronically adjusted even by a smart phone have been outlawed per Lucas oil.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Not trashing Scott all I'm saying the advantage he had at the end of last year was taken away.was parked across from him and they were making major changes all night. Never could get car to settle down. Maybe being a non points race he was experimenting. But he is back on equal ground with everybody shock wise and to night the real season starts and tonight might be totally different.
    Hello is there anyone out there ?????? Bloomquist constantly changes tires and shocks when they run for peanuts.Seen him at Eldora 2 years ago at the thursday night before the Dream during the feature heading to the pits every 5-6 laps changing tires before that I seen him change his shock package couple times between hot laps and heat races.You are really working hard to come up with something thats not there give it a rest like him or not he is in the top 3 in the nation each year lets play another gane like GO FISH lol

Cool

Lucas oil outlawed his shocks and he struggled all night. Wasn't close to being competitive.
    Wait till Saturday night when the pocket change turns into a PURSE. We shall see "Competitive"......L0L

The Race Thurs. night was a non-points race also....

its more dinner time by now

Friday night 13th out of 15 cars in group A qualifying will start last in his heat race.

Not trashing Scott all I'm saying the advantage he had at the end of last year was taken away.was parked across from him and they were making major changes all night. Never could get car to settle down. Maybe being a non points race he was experimenting. But he is back on equal ground with everybody shock wise and to night the real season starts and tonight might be totally different.
    I'm curious as to what kinda shocks you think he had that they took? Second, spell his name right if you wanna launch an attack. Third, he usually doesn't come outta the gate hot, he doesn't win much at all at East Bay, never has. He does a lot of testing and experimenting early in the year, sometimes he wins early, but not often.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Seen it many many times.....when there is little at stake, Bloomquist tests,tunes and works his azz off to be in position to claim the gold at the end of the rainbow. No one will out work this guy. Bloomer is a rare breed.....Owner, mechanic, driver, student of the game.

Never said they took his shocks someone else did. They banned the penski cross over shocks and the electronic adjustments. Looked better in his heat race

Would the Lucas Oil Series really wait until the opening night of speedweeks to make a rule change about shocks or any major component of a race car? I highly doubt if they would.

I doubt Lucas Oil would take away anything that will make the car handle better and run FASTER ......This sport is called RACING......l0l

Not a Bloomquist fan by any stretch, but other than Jeff Purvis. Hes the best ive ever seen throw it down. Shocks CAN make or break anybody on any given nite, but to hammer someone for a sub par performance on one nite is a bit over the top. East Bay is a hole. I wouldnt judge anybody on that surface. Good grief. Come on.

Haha ok. Sorry. I thought i read they were at East Bay. Its been a long day. I own a barbershop, and this site is the only thing i know of that rivals the BS i hear everyday in my job.

Pearson,Landers,Bloomer top 3,came back from lunch to get 2nd and 3rd,I think its over thats what is was after 50 laps.

Lucas oil outlawed his shocks and he struggled all night. Wasn't close to being competitive.
    Your either on drugs or got hit by an animal tranquilizer dart. O ya almost for got Scott (started mid pack) finished 3rd tonight behind Earl Pearson Jr. (Winner) & Jared Landers.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Ride height, it's ok there are many opinions on this site and very little truths, such as the thread you are posting on.

Some dude named Bailes was leading late,any info on him?

Ross is from Clover SC. Has been very successful in crates & 525 class. Just like a lot of other good racers just needed a shot at racing with the big guys. Baird trucking has given him that opportunity on a trial basis. He's no joke young man can wheel a race car. Just needs a little luck now.