Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At 18000 a pair plus custom valving and usage modification fees I for one am glad to hear this. The basic principle seems simple enough its the actual application that gets expensive. That and the fact that Cambridge University owns the rights to the intellectual property.

Actually penske owns the patents.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodefan View Post
    yeah go ahead and do penske and mercedes etc had to with fluids but youare saying it can be done mechanically on late model I am waiting lol
    http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/7/16087.html
    Ferrari had a cable system in 1970! The point is that with proper knowledge a mechanical application can be achieved. If you want to break it down even further a sway bar is a form of a mechanical FRIC system. Scott learned that in the NASCAR truck race at Eldora. Also isn't it ironic that a item that he didn't want on his truck is basically a more rudimentary form of want he ran to dominate the 2014 World 100.

Sway bar? Not the same actually the exact opposite of . FRIC can achieve the sway bar effects but its much more complex than that single aspect. Much more complex . I can see single influences through mechanical systems but nothing close to the abilities of the FRIC. Then you have the added weight to deal with.

There would be cables , levers and bars everywhere I hope people persue a mechanical version but I'm betting it won't come to pass.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    From the mouth of Richie Lewis. YES! Siting cost as the major factor. The other being that Bloomquist had unfair advantage.
    Bloomquist Racing Team is always an "unfair advantage" when they show up at a race track.....l0l.....l0l

The sky is dark, the thunder is rolling, and the showers are golden whence thou pisses upstream... Go thee to the sanitarium, with haste!

why would a racer of his caliber cheat please answer the question anybody that cheats must have a inferiority complex
    They all bend the rules, not sure how you can't grasp this fact. And when he ran them, they WERE NOT ILLEGAL. Your love for Bloomer and holding him to a standard as if he's God is just hilarious.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    They all bend the rules, not sure how you can't grasp this fact. And when he ran them, they WERE NOT ILLEGAL. Your love for Bloomer and holding him to a standard as if he's God is just hilarious.
    The don't really "bend" the rules.....l0l......It is called a Grey area.......

you are suppose use to coil or leaf springs oops you missed that one fric doesn't use springs
    Didn't miss anything Liteman. If he had this supposed FRIC BS, why wasn't he DQued at Eldora? They black flagged him for a fukin fancy window net, which there wasn't any rule on. If he got away with this fancy system that's not on him, that's on the tech guys and the other drivers. It's the tech guys jobs to stop cheating etc, and drivers, if they feel they are being screwed, it's their job to speak up. The sh!t Bloomer does for the most part, there isn't a rule on it, when he does it. There's a rule after the fact usually. And unless you were under Bloomers car you know as much as me about what he had. Do I think he had something different, sure I do, was it against the rules at the time, nope.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I'll bet ole Smokey Yunick is grinning ear to ear. There never was a "rule" when Smokey did it, but there usually was afterwards.

Since the beginning of time, technical advantages(legal or not) have made good drivers great and great drivers dominant. Larry Phillips, Larry Moore, Rayburn, Shaw, were all highly innovative and dominated at one time because of their desire to come up with something no one else had. Bloomquist is no different. While little Billy Jr is tweeting about his fans eating cheeseburgers and how the track screwed him, Bloomer is in the shop thinking up his next advantage.
    Last edited by FlatTire; 02-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Tech guys didn't know to look for it last year. You can't see it either without taking apart shocks. There also wasn't a rule against it. No one was cheating. No one really knows 100% he had it but everyone thinks he did. The theory behind inerters works and does improve tire contact. However it takes a lot of enginneering and testing and $$$$ to make it work. Penske has the engineering and we all assume he ran it last year when it was legal.

Now when the teams assumed he had it and found the cost and what it would take to get it right they all started crying foul. I for one think that we do not need this stuff. Most of you cannot comprehend the advantage and more importantly the manpower and $$$$$ involved if we are allowed to proceed down this road. TMD's would be next and surely tried and so forth. I love this sport but it is time for the powers at be to sit down with the drivers and car builders and think about where we want to be in 5 and 10 years. Money doesn't grow on trees and money will be harder to find for what is considered a hobby. I don't like rules either but bodies, suspensions, and engine costs are out of hand.
    Last edited by bb14; 02-09-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    While little Billy Jr is tweeting about his fans eating cheeseburgers and how the track screwed him, Bloomer is in the shop thinking up his next advantage.
    I nominate this for 4m post of the year!!!

you mean his next way of cheating
    YOUR MOTHER AIN'T SHlT!!!!

As long as he doesn't cheat on me...

He's just mad cause now they can't run their FRIC that they prolly spent last years profit on. Close guess ? I'm betting it's (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) close.