Thread: Fuel regulator?

Default Fuel regulator?

What is recomended for regulator for gas? Been told to get a dead head and no return?

I use a Holley bypass regulator with a return line, I plug the idle bypass jet to keep the idle pressure up.

Is this a big secret?

use a bypass regulator with a return line. anything else is a compromise.

How can anyone suggest anything without knowing what kind of pump you have?

Sorry, we run a Ron's pump piggy back off of dry sump pump.

With a belt driven pump you use a bypass regulator with a return line. I'm sure gray will choke
    In any second with how he uses belt drives unregulated with no return like and he drills his main jet circuits out with a half inch bit and it's still not enough fuel for his 358

I have had good luck with a holley regulator with a jet for idle pressure and bypass popoff for wide open. Mine has a return line

Bypass with return on any system is my preferred method. Specifically I place the regulator after the carb on its way back to the cell. Some do it in front I jst feel it keeps most of the load near the bowls as well as a continuos flow of cooler fuel near the delivery system. Jmo

3 goals with your delivery. maintain a high volume of fuel while eliminating heat and air from the system. Pressure honestly is a secondary part with the exception of high pressure.

Gray are you trying to say some people run bypass regulators on the front with a return on the rear ???????? The only way to use a bypass and a return is behind the carb or else you wouldn't have pressure to the carb ...

the racepump system with there regulator is installed between the pump and the carb with a return to tank, the hilborn pump i run off the dry sump pump uses a bg regulator between pump and carb also with a return, both use a jet for idle pressure and a adjuster for top end limit

^^^^ yes some people run it between the pump and carb. Either way will get the pressure down.

Don't be mad Huck that yours is configured the gray way! Lol. You have more of my work on your car than you know. That's a fact.

Right it does not matter, regulator between pump and carb or after carb. It is a closed system the regulator with or without a return will not regulate or return fuel until the regulated pressure is reached.

Huck, I just recently saw a setup with the regulator between the two carb inlet lines. I just don't understand how that was gonna work properly, but I just kept quiet, which is not easy for me.

keeks did you just see that on dirtondirt slideshow . If so look where the supply line is coming from . The feed from the fuel pump .

I cant remember where I saw it, but the feed from the pump went to "the fuel log", and the regulator was between the inlets. It wasn't a log per say, but the primary side of the carb would have received straight pump pressure, and the secondary side would have been regulated. Seemed weird to me.

Seen this I believe on one of lanigans cars last year. The feed was split going to each bowl then tied together with the regulator in between the bowls and return line all in between . Not a bad idea but more plumbing

Thanks guys, was looking to a differant carb builder and he recomended to get rid of my bypass regulator with return to a dead head regulator. I don't like the idea so had to ask others.