Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

It would be faster and safer. Instead of a treadmill race.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Stick to your keyboard, the tide has nothing to do with whats going on down there. Theres a lot more to it than just the durometer reading of a tire.
    Actually , in talking to a touring Floridian that has intimate local knowledge of east bay a couple years ago, the tides do actually play a part in the tracks moisture situation.

This year seems to be a combination of things going on down there,but in years past there has been a direct correlation to track moisture and high tides according to guys that race there a lot.

But here is the real question...........how great is the strawberry shortcake this year?

Somebody please send out a picture of some..........dglen, are you hearing me ,lol
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by high groove19 View Post
    The old STARS series did the same thing back in the 90's by taking the tarps away. Over the years it gradually went away. It will this time too. Once they feel that nobody is at a huge advantage like they feel Bloomquist is now.
    I was told that happened after Davey J's tarp fell off after crossing the scales BEFORE qualifying and it took 3 grown men to pick it up!

Man I cannot wait to read Bloomer's tell all book after his retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I was told that happened after Davey J's tarp fell off after crossing the scales BEFORE qualifying and it took 3 grown men to pick it up!

Now that was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post

If it's a well done book by Argabright or Bones etc., that is very honest about everything, I think it'd make national book sales levels.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The tide absolutely does play into the track at East Bay. Look at Wednesday night, by the end of the feature the track was black except for going into 1. That spot was still brown and a little wet. High tide was 6:30 and it wasnt low tide until 2:30am, so it was up during the entire program. There's a spring under there that is driven by the tide. That's what keeps that pool at the bottom of 1 full all the time. That's also what that area is pretty much always rough and sometimes holes form, the ground underneath is moving around with water. And I'm sure there are many factors beyond this in play too, but thats one to consider.

This tarping thing is laughable to me. I was out of racing for a long time… when I first hit the pits and saw those tarps I thought "WTF is going on here?"… looks like your putting a skirt on your race car.

I'm really old school and we all helped each other work on our cars for as long as I remember. I've had guys who wrecked me come over and help me put my car back together to run the main. Now we hide everything?

If you're going to have a skirt on your race car you might as well put the driver in pantyhose, too. The two go together.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodefan View Post
    yep cheaters will always ssthats the way it is , I would say one tire rule the hardest sob made like they did years ago
    The hardest tire I ever saw was the Goodyear 2022. I used them on my pickup truck on the street for 3 years and still never wore them out.

Quote Originally Posted by race21j View Post
    The hardest tire I ever saw was the Goodyear 2022. I used them on my pickup truck on the street for 3 years and still never wore them out.
    Man those things were really hard. We had some we grooved down to 1" blocks, still couldn't get them to wear, or get a bite.

Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today?
    On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upset
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today?On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upset
    Well call Troy Baird and ask him if he's mad. Either way, he'll change whatever car his sticker is on every two weeks, lol.

Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today?
    Because it's Lanigans car. And if he wants to cover it up, that's his business. Long as it ain't covered up on the racetrack, who cares? Find things that actually matter, because a car cover sure as he!! ain't it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Actually , in talking to a touring Floridian that has intimate local knowledge of east bay a couple years ago, the tides do actually play a part in the tracks moisture situation.

This year seems to be a combination of things going on down there,but in years past there has been a direct correlation to track moisture and high tides according to guys that race there a lot.

But here is the real question...........how great is the strawberry shortcake this year?

Somebody please send out a picture of some..........dglen, are you hearing me ,lol
    Yeah bbc, Im aware about how the tide affects the moisture in the track. But this year, the harder tire and different compound was causing havoc with the drivers and crew chiefs. usually, it only takes a good crew chief one race to make dramatic improvements to their chassis, but many are still scratching their heads after all week!

As far as the strawberry shortcake, I went Wednesday nite, and there was NO ONE selling it. No vendor or the track! so I drove 3.5 hrs for nothing......oh, well...the racin was still good!

Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today? On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upset
    excellent point. i didnt even think about that.

LOVE THIS RULE. awesome job lucas oil!!!

WoO has the same rule in place from what I've read. Not sure why it is not being enforced.
    8/13/16