Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    That's too bad, the rep system can not be changed. It is along with the taunting and bad mouthing, that keeps a lot of potential members off this site. I have met more than one at tracks that just laugh at this site and say, " Why would I put myself in for that kind of abuse".

Here are the things that are so wrong with it.
    1 It is anonymous.
    2 It is manipulated by groups and multiple user names.
    3 You can not give a rep for each individual post. Each one should be judged or none of them.
    4 It does not give equal weight, points value, to every member. We are all equal or not.
    5 It has driven off more than a couple new members, as they received red charms just because a certain group thought they where a new user name of someone that was banned.
    6 It is given just for a difference of opinion. Is this the most opinionated racing forum or not?

I got my red from pointing out bad behavior and I'm proud of it. I'm not the ones that taunted, badmouthed, name called, unless you judge calling someone childish that, or invited anyone to the track for a whooping. Who by the way have a long string of green charms, for the most part or who have been banned.
    One question. Is taunting about rep, a reportable offense?
    Quote Originally Posted by ModJr1 View Post
    Folks in this version on vBulletin we cannot disable the reputation stuff. But here is the thing - IT MEANS NOTHING. Nothing whatsoever. Ignore it. People are going to do it just to try and provoke you. Ignore it as I do. Post away. Keep it racing. We will eventually weed out the trolls when they can no longer get their jollies from getting under people's skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    According to some quick searching in vbulletin 4.2.0 you can turn off the reps and its a very simple thing to do.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...puted-in-4-2-0
    just a thought.......Maybe the rep system is working the way the owners want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    If I wouldn't have been behaving, they would have banned me by now.......the truth hurts sometimes and there are and has been a lot of TRASH taken out with the ban punishment.
    Oh sure, I've been part of the conversations ...........apparently , the mods determined that I've just not been part of the problem.

Just because I like Casey Roberts is not reason enough to say I have been mis behaving.....lol

And all you Casey haters?????
    Smoked crow with a little red vinegar sauce, collards, Mac and cheese and jalapeņo corn fritters sound ok for y'all?????
    Sounds like an excellent dish. Hopefully our 4M cook Litey, will be very busy preparing the meals!!!

If I wouldn't have been behaving, they would have banned me by now.......the truth hurts sometimes and there are and has been a lot of TRASH taken out with the ban punishment.
    Oh sure, I've been part of the conversations ...........apparently , the mods determined that I've just not been part of the problem.

Just because I like Casey Roberts is not reason enough to say I have been mis behaving.....lol

Smoked crow with a little red vinegar sauce, collards, Mac and cheese and jalapeņo corn fritters sound ok for y'all?????
    lol, you're alright in my book.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    just a thought.......Maybe the rep system is working the way the owners want it to.
    Or even more likely, the system is just working in general...............maybe the folks with the bad reputation points can start having more positive and truthful things to add to the forum and they won't be so lit up like Rudolph.

I'm on several other vbulletin forums ( one a weapon forum and one a BBQ forum) and the reputation discussion never even comes up at all........

Maybe dirt racers are just a little more sensitive or we have more women on this site than the others , I just don't know.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Sounds like an excellent dish. Hopefully our 4M cook Litey, will be very busy preparing the meals!!!
    Ohhhhhh no you don't............it's gonna be cooked by those same guys at the rocket diner that were wearing me out about how average or below national average that Casey was a couple of days ago.

Funny post though CW.......

BBQBoy maybe the mods just look at you as the fat kid that stutters and has a lisp...they feel sorry for you and let you hang around.

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    lol, you're alright in my book.
    Ditto that back at you pinky......most everybody on 4 m is alright when it comes right down to it.

Some of us just more alright than others I guess, lol

Btw........they release the Elijah Craig 18 yr back into the market in fall of 2015.
    Maybe I can pick up my bottle at the world finals from you or something like that...haha.

and there's people on here that have convinced themselves that they're not part of the problem, when in actuallity they are worst ones, from what I've seen today from the moderators, I am glad they're putting forth the effort to clean this site up, it needs to be and after a talk with a mod, I know the rep stuff isn't going anywhere and that's fine, I like many others are just on here periodically for info and results because we can't get to the track as much as we used to. Looking fwd to the future of this site because there is actual good info on here sometimes, I try to get along with everyone, but some don't want that.

BBQBoy maybe the mods just look at you as the fat kid that stutters and has a lisp...they feel sorry for you and let you hang around.
    Well, you could actually be on to something there HP...........

Bbbbbbbb ut, you you rrrrrrrrrreally ddddddidnt have to spell it out so ccccccccclearly to everyone.
    I'm out a here, publix has valentines cakes buy one get one.........after your post, I need some comfort fffffffffffood.

and that's what I'm talking about right there, barbecueboy has to go and prove me right with his red rep comments, you accuse others, yet you are the instigator, I didn't say one word about you or to you yet you have to go and run your mouth in a rep comment. Hope you enjoy it, and yeah you can keep on doing it, but like boss said, he will take care of matters... and I will stop here as to a make sure I don't go back on my word to the mod.

Perhaps it is misunderstood when I said WE. We cannot - as in the Mods. It can be done in the Admin Control Panel but WE do not have access to that. We only have the Mod Control Panel which allows us to ban and delete. So this is how we are going to address it and police it.

Perhaps it is misunderstood when I said WE. We cannot - as in the Mods. It can be done in the Admin Control Panel but WE do not have access to that. We only have the Mod Control Panel which allows us to ban and delete. So this is how we are going to address it and police it.
    again I thank you ModJr1, and as you can see above as to exactly what I was talking to you about earlier.

Lightbulb

I'm a fan of the negative remarks I receive in the rep comments......Frankly, it's far more entertaining than most of the stuff published on the board...
    Opinions may vary...

Lightbulb

Well one things for certain, it's not his racing acumen...That kid never attends a dirt race...
    Opinions may vary...

Thanks to Clint Doll for the IT help. Reputation is gone. Thanks

man I've only been saying how to do it for 2 years, but, at least it is now gone! Another Bravo out to the mods and site!

Thanks to Clint Doll for the IT help. Reputation is gone. Thanks
    Nicely done..............

As a suggestion,See if the IT guy can do anything about the multiple screen name antagonists under the same IP address......

That would go a very long way in getting the desired effect of forum fluidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Donnit View Post
    Well one things for certain, it's not his racing acumen...That kid never attends a dirt race...

What is a dirt race???

Quote Originally Posted by GotDirt1313 View Post
    and that's what I'm talking about right there, barbecueboy has to go and prove me right with his red rep comments, you accuse others, yet you are the instigator, I didn't say one word about you or to you yet you have to go and run your mouth in a rep comment. Hope you enjoy it, and yeah you can keep on doing it, but like boss said, he will take care of matters... and I will stop here as to a make sure I don't go back on my word to the mod.
    Didn't send you any rep bud, but your not the first person to indicate that someone sends them and then signs my name to it.........I sign mine a certain way and anyone that's ever gotten any know exactly how it reads.

Course it doesn't really matter anymore, but Since your were so bold to make the premature accusatory statement I'm hoping you will be equally as bold to issue me a heartfelt apology.

What is a dirt race???
    WHen your driving down the highway after mudding, when that big clod of mud falls off and splatters in to the road. The pieces flying all over, that's a dirt race