Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Reputation Comments

Folks in this version on vBulletin we cannot disable the reputation stuff. But here is the thing - IT MEANS NOTHING. Nothing whatsoever. Ignore it. People are going to do it just to try and provoke you. Ignore it as I do. Post away. Keep it racing. We will eventually weed out the trolls when they can no longer get their jollies from getting under people's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by ModJr1 View Post
    Folks in this version on vBulletin we cannot disable the reputation stuff. But here is the thing - IT MEANS NOTHING. Nothing whatsoever. Ignore it. People are going to do it just to try and provoke you. Ignore it as I do. Post away. Keep it racing. We will eventually weed out the trolls when they can no longer get their jollies from getting under people's skin.
    If you can make the rep/comments be signed by the person giving them as the private messages are, we can weed them out for ya.

As of now, yes, ignore them, but just a suggestion if it's possible. Thank you for making an effort also to improve the place.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    If you can make the rep/comments be signed by the person giving them as the private messages are, we can weed them out for ya.

As of now, yes, ignore them, but just a suggestion if it's possible. Thank you for making an effort also to improve the place.
    Roger that c and b..........roger that!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I would be surprised if that is even a feature that is offered. I think the point of not having names associated is it would make the system more obsolete than it already is. I think it would just lead to people giving red rep to anyone who gave them red rep. (I know I would give red rep to anyone who gave me red rep... which would kind of make it pointless)

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I would be surprised if that is even a feature that is offered. I think the point of not having names associated is it would make the system more obsolete than it already is. I think it would just lead to people giving red rep to anyone who gave them red rep. (I know I would give red rep to anyone who gave me red rep... which would kind of make it pointless)

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Some had mentioned that other sites they go to that are VBulletin, it is an option. I have no idea though. I think you've given me red rep, bbq has, I don't give them back. Personal choice I agree. I just would rather hash it out then throw skittles at each other, just me. But if you sign them, I feel they hold more weight, red or green. You don't sign them, then, well.....

You do sign them Jeff, as does BBQ, so wether it matters or not I respect that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I don't remember giving you red rep before, but who knows. I think I used the rep system more back when i first started.

Now I only red rep Casey Roberts fans. Haha

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I don't remember giving you red rep before, but who knows. I think I used the rep system more back when i first started.

Now I only red rep Casey Roberts fans. Haha

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I think all the casey Roberts fans have now been banned, lol.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    I think all the casey Roberts fans have now been banned, lol.
    It was for the best,

We let BBQ stay because most of the time you can't tell he's a Casey Roberts fan.

Haha

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Dang y'all, that's harsh..............(somebody is gonna be eatin some crow after speedweeks, hope it ain't me...........and I know you guys are prayin it won't be you,lol)

It is true that vbulletin does have an application that includes your screen name......sounds like mod1 is saying that 4 ms version doesn't offer that feature.

Either way, my thoughts on the rep system is this......

I use it more as a text type situation when I want to acknowledge a post ( good or bad) as just a " hell yeah" or an " oh hell no you just diunt"..........sometimes lengthy drawn out thread conversations aren't necessary to give someone an acknowledgement.
    From that point, most normal posters will PM me back and we will chat it up or hash it out in private, or will just move on knowing that someone out here in the world thought what they said was cool or not cool.

It's great that we can now all look back at the " drama clubs" production of " bad reputation" over the last year and chuckle about it.

Que up some Joan Jett somebody!!!

Thanks for trying to clean this place up. I yelled at a poster chupp-bloomer because I thought he
    trashed me on the Rep thing. I really did not know much about it, but because we were having differences on a driver, I got this nasty comment.

That's too bad, the rep system can not be changed. It is along with the taunting and bad mouthing, that keeps a lot of potential members off this site. I have met more than one at tracks that just laugh at this site and say, " Why would I put myself in for that kind of abuse".

Here are the things that are so wrong with it.
    1 It is anonymous.
    2 It is manipulated by groups and multiple user names.
    3 You can not give a rep for each individual post. Each one should be judged or none of them.
    4 It does not give equal weight, points value, to every member. We are all equal or not.
    5 It has driven off more than a couple new members, as they received red charms just because a certain group thought they where a new user name of someone that was banned.
    6 It is given just for a difference of opinion. Is this the most opinionated racing forum or not?

I got my red from pointing out bad behavior and I'm proud of it. I'm not the ones that taunted, badmouthed, name called, unless you judge calling someone childish that, or invited anyone to the track for a whooping. Who by the way have a long string of green charms, for the most part or who have been banned.
    One question. Is taunting about rep, a reportable offense?

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Thanks for trying to clean this place up. I yelled at a poster chupp-bloomer because I thought he
    trashed me on the Rep thing. I really did not know much about it, but because we were having differences on a driver, I got this nasty comment.
    Not sure what you're talking about TS. I know we've had our differences, but I've absolutely never given out red rep. Not to you or anyone else. Others will sign other people's names to stir stuff. Possible that coulda happened. Maybe it's what ya meant, no hard feelings man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    That's too bad, the rep system can not be changed. It is along with the taunting and bad mouthing, that keeps a lot of potential members off this site. I have met more than one at tracks that just laugh at this site and say, " Why would I put myself in for that kind of abuse".

Here are the things that are so wrong with it.
    1 It is anonymous.
    2 It is manipulated by groups and multiple user names.
    3 You can not give a rep for each individual post. Each one should be judged or none of them.
    4 It does not give equal weight, points value, to every member. We are all equal or not.
    5 It has driven off more than a couple new members, as they received red charms just because a certain group thought they where a new user name of someone that was banned.
    6 It is given just for a difference of opinion. Is this the most opinionated racing forum or not?

I got my red from pointing out bad behavior and I'm proud of it. I'm not the ones that taunted, badmouthed, name called, unless you judge calling someone childish that, or invited anyone to the track for a whooping. Who by the way have a long string of green charms, for the most part or who have been banned.
    One question. Is taunting about rep, a reportable offense?
    Please read the FIRST post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about TS. I know we've had our differences, but I've absolutely never given out red rep. Not to you or anyone else. Others will sign other people's names to stir stuff. Possible that coulda happened. Maybe it's what ya meant, no hard feelings man.
    I know it wasn't you, but at the time, I did not know what that Rep was about. We were going back and forth on something, then A Rep comment came up. It was beyond nasty, and of course it wasn't signed. I thought it was you because we were debating. I later learned about the Red Rep thing when a poster complained about it. BTW it was the worse night of my racing life, although you and I were talking about the N/S, then the news came about NY Aug 9th, 2014
    Last edited by TS FAN; 02-13-2015 at 12:43 PM.

I received quite a few from people, who anonomoualy apologized and gave me a green because they thought I was someone else I thought that was funny. I didn't like getting all that red but it was more annoying than disappointing. I See things on here all the time that I don't agree with but would never dish out a red. I will however throw green out. The ratings system from a new user perspective can be intimidating at first and make the overall experience less than desireable and run SOME people away I almost said to heck with it. But since it cannot be removed I suppose we will all just have to deal with it as petty as it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I know it wasn't you, but at the time, I did not know what that Rep was about. We were going back and forth on something, then A Rep comment came up. It was beyond nasty, and of course it wasn't signed. I thought it was you because we were debating. I later learned about the Red Rep thing when a poster complained about it. BTW it was the worse night of my racing life, although you and I were talking about the N/S, then the news came about NY Aug 9th, 2014
    Copy TS. Okay, just making sure you didn't think I did that.

It's funny how such a tiny group of the same people are the ones that complain about the reputation points..........it really tells the story!

Especially after the main guy just recently confirmed that the rep means nothing..........if it means anything at all, it's nothing more than generalized indication of who makes posts that are popular amongst the members and who makes posts that aren't so popular amongst the members.

I am at the racetrack, race shop or racing related events as much as or more than anybody on this site , have interacted with thousands upon thousands of different people at these events , and I have yet to hear anybody complain about the reputation system on 4 m and it driving them away from coming here..........I have only heard that statement come from 3 different people, and funny enough, they all reside on 4m.

I've made some bonehead posts that haven't been too popular and gotten deservedly red rummed for it......the difference is, I've made more posts that are popular than not.

It's really not that hard to do if you do your part!!!!

You can't please everybody all of the time, and there are some( some in this very thread itself) that you will never be able to please.........no matter what, which is a crying shame.

It was for the best,

We let BBQ stay because most of the time you can't tell he's a Casey Roberts fan.

Haha

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I'm just glad to see bbqboy behaving now!! haha
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

According to some quick searching in vbulletin 4.2.0 you can turn off the reps and its a very simple thing to do.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...puted-in-4-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    I'm just glad to see bbqboy behaving now!! haha
    If I wouldn't have been behaving, they would have banned me by now.......the truth hurts sometimes and there are and has been a lot of TRASH taken out with the ban punishment.
    Oh sure, I've been part of the conversations ...........apparently , the mods determined that I've just not been part of the problem.

Just because I like Casey Roberts is not reason enough to say I have been mis behaving.....lol

And all you Casey haters?????
    Smoked crow with a little red vinegar sauce, collards, Mac and cheese and jalapeño corn fritters sound ok for y'all?????