Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yes the 910 is the one I have, the spokes are to the rear and the wheel is fatter to help prevent it, when this happened we had a sweet flat wheel and was out further ,when you roll your left hand over to counter steer your thumb would roll under, moved the wheel closer to me and switched to this wheel and knock on wood no problems. we had four guys in a row have the same thing happen one year and all had the same sweet wheel, nothings fool proof though.

Matt- if it was just that simple! I practice not driving with my thumbs inside the wheel when I go down the highway...muscle memory is a hard thing to overcome. Over the years, I've broken 2 thumbs and a wrist. I either have weak bones or crash too much!

The only thing I've seen Danica do right is take her hands off the steering wheel and place her arms across her chest right before she crashes.

flattire best I can tell ya is keep the wheel as close as you can to your body, I put the two spokes at 10 and 2 and hook the tips of my middle fingers on the inside of the spoke, on rough tracks it keeps the thumb out of the spokes, hope this helps someone from the aggravation of a broken arm dislocated thumb and surgery for pins.

I broke my thumb three years ago in a modified wreck. My solution was to put plastic in the center of the wheel to keep my thumbs out of there. plain flat plastic. set the wheel on the plastic and draw it out then cut it out and rivet to the center spokes. You can make it as wide as you want or need. Simple and cheep. 15000 dollars worth of surgeries and I could have prevented it with 3 dollars worth of plastic. Saved my brothers fingers at the end of last year when he clipped a big tire. He took some skin off his finger tips but no broken bones.