Default Metric front end build

Looking at putting a front end on a metric. Basically no rules except "stock" parts. Planning on relocating the upper arms, longer uppers, camaro spindles and drag link etc. I have a basic idea of what I'm trying to achieve, but can anyone lend some advice? I know this is a hush hush style topic, but may save me some cutting and welding thanks.

The problem with Metric is bumpsteer. You are right in the sense you need to run the camaro drag link. You also need to run NOVA lowers LF goes on RF and RF on LF. You need to drop the idlers arm to help your bumpsteer. We weld a nut on top of the idler and match that up with the top hole and drill a new hole in the idler to match the other chassis mount hole on the idler. This helps bump steer alot. You also need to use longer ball joint studs. Many use the big truck Lowers. and you can get +1 or +.5 uppers Howe has a good chart to do all your conversions and comparisons. If you can find the right Spindle Snout I think the Impala will work better they have a hard to find 5 on 4 3/4 spindle where most are 5x5 I beleive this is the 8 3/4 spindle height they have a rare 9 1/4 too. Which will help your geometry over the 7 3/4 metric, but i honestly don't see a problem with the metric spindle, the impala does help track width and the camaro lowers and impala are the same so maybe the spindle is too i'm not sure, I just know from the impala modified stuff.. Just some options to look at most of the work will be on the internet and catalogs with bolt ons I hope this helps
    Last edited by 7uptruckracer; 02-16-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks! Getting some great feedback. The spindles I have are 9 1/4" with a 5x5 rotor but I'll just have it redrilled to 4 3/4 pattern

Nova lower a-arms ?
    Will port and polish for cash

See I was Always told stock you run LH on RH and vice versa speedway says different but i've never run stock always tubular

From what I've read this is true about running the nova lowers vice versa on a metric due to the nova being a rear steer car. I don't know nothin bout the tubulars though.

Dirt36 your inbox is full

Should be clear now, thanks

I would love to find out more about this too!! Thanks