Default The End Of An Era............

In consecutive years NASCAR has seen icons of the sport run their final Daytona 500. Last year it was 2 time champion Terry Labonte, this year of course it's the last hurrah for Jeff Gordon.

I've never been a huge fan of Jeff Gordon but we've watched him all the way back to his USAC Silver Crown-midget and All Star winged sprint car days and Jeff, along with Terry, has almost without fail represented the sport with class and in a dignified manner.

Congratulations on a stellar and prideful career!

agreed both guy have been model reps. of the sport. I have not heard Gordon say this was his last 500 only this was his last season as a full time driver that leaves the door open for the big shows.

I saw where he said he would enter no races in 2016.

Im glad I was a Bill Elliott fan. That will make it easier to pull for Chase in the 24.

I have been a big fan of Gordon since 97. He has been a class act and represented NASCAR very well!

I remember in the late 1980's and early 1990's Jeff Gordon raced the USAC Silver Crown division and USAC National Midgets on a regular basis. He'd come to Springfield, Du Quoin and the Indiana State Fairgrounds Mile. He always was cordial and accommodating with the fans. He raced a midget at Mighty Macon Speedway along with Jack Hewitt, Stan Fox and Sleepy Tripp among others. He was down to earth as anyone you'd meet.

I always got a kick out of the hard core ironhead fans back in the day! They'd run their mouths about how big of a puss Gordon was/is. Even though I was never a big fan back in those days, or now for that matter, but I'd remind them of his dirt track days in USAC and the All Star sprint cars when Gordon went toe to toe with Fox, Tripp, Hewitt, Rich Vogler and all the rest night after night.

Regardless of what those people said, Jeff Gordon was no puss y!!!