Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jimmy Mars, 43 years old ,30 years of racing.
    Raced every class from street stock to late models, with over 500 wins total.
    He was street stock champion of Red Cedar Speedway at age 13.
    He also raced a full year on asphalt in 1999 and bested Jamie McMurey and Travis Quapel for the Nascar Re/Max Series Rooke of the year.

Here is a list of his bigger accomplishments.

CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
    * 2014 Six Victories Overall
    * 2014 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Hibbing (MN) Raceway
    * 2014 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2014 National Dirt Racing League Winner at the Tucson (AZ) Int'l Raceway
    * 2014, 2011, 2007, 2004, 1997, & 1996 'Punky Manor Challenge' Winner at the Red Cedar (WI) Speedway
    * 2013 Two Victories Overall
    * 2012 'Illini 100' Winner at the Farmer City (IL) Raceway
    * 2012 WDLMA Series Winner at the Manitowoc (WI) Expo Speedway
    * 2012 'Triple Crown' Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2012 Seven Victories Overall
    * 2011 'Firecracker 100' Winner at the Lernerville (PA) Speedway
    * 2011 UMP DIRTcar Series Winner at the Volusia (FL) Speedway Park
    * 2011 Appalachian Mountain Speedweek Winner at the Hagerstown (MD) Speedway
    * 2011 'Dacotah Rumble' Winner at the Brown County (SD) Speedway
    * 2011 WDLMA Series Winner at the Manitowoc (WI) Expo Speedway
    * 2011 DART Challenge Series Winner at the Deer Creek (MN) Speedway
    * 2011 Eleven Victories Overall
    * 2010 Two-Time 'Wild West Shootout' Winner at the USA (AZ) Raceway
    * 2010 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Superior (WI) Speedway
    * 2010 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Dakota (SD) State Fair Speedway
    * 2010 'Legendary 100' Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2010 'Viking Fall Classic' Winner at the Viking (MN) Speedway
    * 2010 Eight Victories Overall
    * 2009 ‘USA Nationals’ Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘North/South 100’ Winner at the Florence (KY) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘Dirt Track World Championship’ Winner at the Lawrenceburg (IN) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘Firecracker 100’ Winner at the Lernerville (PA) Speedway
    * 2009 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Winner at the Bedford (PA) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘Prairie Dirt Classic’ Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2009 Nineteen Victories Overall
    * 2008 'National 100' Winner at the East Alabama Motor Speedway
    * 2008 'Ultimate 14' Winner at the Challenger (PA) Raceway
    * 2008 Four WDRL Series Victories
    * 2008 UMP Summernationals Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2008 Sixteen Victories Overall
    * 2007 'Topless 100' Winner at the Batesville (AR) Speedway
    * 2007 'Jambalaya 100' Winner at the Pike County (MS) Speedway
    * 2007 'Duel in the Desert' Winner at the Las Vegas (NV) Motor Speedway
    * 2007 Four PolyDome WDRL Series Victories
    * 2006 UMP Summernationals Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2005 'Prairie Dirt Classic' Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2005 UMP Summernationals Winner at the 34 (IA) Raceway
    * 2005 UMP Summernationals Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2005 UMP Tri-Track Challenge Winner at the I-55 (MO) Raceway
    * 2005 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Winner at the LaSalle (IL) Speedway
    * 2004 'Masters' Champion at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2004 Northern Xtreme Series Finale Winner at the East Bay (FL) Raceway Park
    * 2004 Xtreme Series Preliminary Victory at the Knoxville (IA) Raceway
    * 2004, 1996, 1995, & 1994 'Red Clay Classic' Winner at the ABC (WI) Raceway
    * 2000 'Topless 100' Winner at the Batesville (AR) Speedway
    * 1999 NASCAR RE/MAX Series Rookie of the Year
    * 1999 STARS Florida Speedweeks Champion at the East Bay (FL) Raceway Park
    * 1997 'Dream 100' Winner at the Eldora (OH) Speedway
    * 1996 'USA Outlaw Nationals' Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 1996 'WISSOTA 100' Winner at the Cedar (WI) Lake Speedway
    * 1992 'Silver 1000' Winner at the Proctor (MN) Speedway

Points History
    * 3rd in 2013 National Dirt Racing League Point Standings
    * 2nd in 2005 UMP Summernationals Point Standings
    * 2nd in 2004 Xtreme Dirtcar Series Point Standings
    * 3rd in 2003 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings
    * 4th in 2002 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings
    * 8th in 2001 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings
    * 9th in 2000 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings

12 Career Xtreme (Hav-A-Tampa, UDTRA) Feature Victories
    * Texas Motor Speedway - 2001
    * East Bay (FL) Raceway Park - 2002, 2003, & 2004
    * Bristol (TN) Motor Speedway - 2001
    * Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway - 2002
    * Green Valley (AL) Speedway - 2001
    * Cherokee (SC) Speedway - 2003
    * New Egypt (NJ) Speedway - 2004
    * Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway - 2004
    * Wythe (VA) Raceway - 2004
    * K-C (OH) Raceway - 2004

Butch
    Last edited by Butch; 02-18-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I know he has the daughter, but I'd have to look it up. Wether they were married or not. Which, none of this matters when we are talking racing. Wanna talk about whose the most morally superior race car driver, well, most aren't if you dig. Which isn't really any of my business or anybody else's, we are all human and screw up.
    cnbf, it seems I recall snort getting married just before his first dope bust. As I mentioned I could be wrong. In regards to the moral implications, I don't care if he's had more wives than Mickey Rooney. Why should I? I don't have to pay his alimony, if he's paying any. Other than the woman/women involved it's of no particular consequence to anyone but snort. The only reason to bring it up was because someone said something about Moyer's marital difficulties. You know, equal time.

As far as the dope stuff, that is public record and the business of anyone who wants to make it their business. Crime is the business of all of society (here come the long knives). It's in the past but it's never going to go away. When you act and talk like snort does from time to time the dope card is gonna' be played.

As was previously stated, snort's criminal record and moral turpitude surely has nothing to do with the racing end of it. If anyone wants to cast disparities about the racing that is very easy. NASCAR trucks, Eldora, July, 2013.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-18-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    cnbf, it seems I recall snort getting married just before his first dope bust. As I mentioned I could be wrong. In regards to the moral implications, I don't care if he's had more wives than Mickey Rooney. Why should I? I don't have to pay his alimony, if he's paying any. Other than the woman/women involved it's of no particular consequence to anyone but snort. The only reason to bring it up was because someone said something about Moyer's marital difficulties. You know, equal time.

As far as the dope stuff, that is public record and the business of anyone who wants to make it their business. Crime is the business of all of society (here come the long knives). It's in the past but it's never going to go away. When you act and talk like snort does from time to time the dope card is gonna' be played.

As was previously stated, snort's criminal record and moral turpitude surely has nothing to do with the racing end of it. If anyone wants to cast disparities about the racing that is very easy. NASCAR trucks, Eldora, July, 2013.
    Lol. I have enough respect for you that I know ya like to poke fun at Bloomer over the blow. My thing is, I actually believe his story behind what happened. And if people knew the amount, it's quite laughable. Doesn't make it right, but it's nuts.

I could find nothing on his older personal life. We'll have to wait on his tell all book. The only reason Moyer came up is because someone wanted to cast him as a Saint, which he is not. Just like 99% of humans.

I think if you asked him now, he'd say taking that sway bar off was the stupidest thing he coulda done. And no doubt, he blew a$$. Completely over thunk it. His career in a late model though is nothing to poke fun at.

I've never seen or heard of him acting in a way that other drivers haven't. Anything that would stick out to say at least in the past he was crazy high. Now Tyler Walker(shame), A.J Fike I think it is?, yes for sure.

Ronnie Johnson & Dale Mcdowell

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Jimmy Mars, 43 years old ,30 years of racing.
    Raced every class from street stock to late models, with over 500 wins total.
    He also raced a full year on asphalt in 1999 and bested Jamie McMurey and Travis Quapel for the Nascar Re/Max Series Rooke of the year.

Here is a list of his bigger accomplishments.

CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
    * 2014 Six Victories Overall
    * 2014 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Hibbing (MN) Raceway
    * 2014 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2014 National Dirt Racing League Winner at the Tucson (AZ) Int'l Raceway
    * 2014, 2011, 2007, 2004, 1997, & 1996 'Punky Manor Challenge' Winner at the Red Cedar (WI) Speedway
    * 2013 Two Victories Overall
    * 2012 'Illini 100' Winner at the Farmer City (IL) Raceway
    * 2012 WDLMA Series Winner at the Manitowoc (WI) Expo Speedway
    * 2012 'Triple Crown' Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2012 Seven Victories Overall
    * 2011 'Firecracker 100' Winner at the Lernerville (PA) Speedway
    * 2011 UMP DIRTcar Series Winner at the Volusia (FL) Speedway Park
    * 2011 Appalachian Mountain Speedweek Winner at the Hagerstown (MD) Speedway
    * 2011 'Dacotah Rumble' Winner at the Brown County (SD) Speedway
    * 2011 WDLMA Series Winner at the Manitowoc (WI) Expo Speedway
    * 2011 DART Challenge Series Winner at the Deer Creek (MN) Speedway
    * 2011 Eleven Victories Overall
    * 2010 Two-Time 'Wild West Shootout' Winner at the USA (AZ) Raceway
    * 2010 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Superior (WI) Speedway
    * 2010 World of Outlaws Series Winner at the Dakota (SD) State Fair Speedway
    * 2010 'Legendary 100' Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2010 'Viking Fall Classic' Winner at the Viking (MN) Speedway
    * 2010 Eight Victories Overall
    * 2009 ‘USA Nationals’ Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘North/South 100’ Winner at the Florence (KY) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘Dirt Track World Championship’ Winner at the Lawrenceburg (IN) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘Firecracker 100’ Winner at the Lernerville (PA) Speedway
    * 2009 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Winner at the Bedford (PA) Speedway
    * 2009 ‘Prairie Dirt Classic’ Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2009 Nineteen Victories Overall
    * 2008 'National 100' Winner at the East Alabama Motor Speedway
    * 2008 'Ultimate 14' Winner at the Challenger (PA) Raceway
    * 2008 Four WDRL Series Victories
    * 2008 UMP Summernationals Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2008 Sixteen Victories Overall
    * 2007 'Topless 100' Winner at the Batesville (AR) Speedway
    * 2007 'Jambalaya 100' Winner at the Pike County (MS) Speedway
    * 2007 'Duel in the Desert' Winner at the Las Vegas (NV) Motor Speedway
    * 2007 Four PolyDome WDRL Series Victories
    * 2006 UMP Summernationals Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2005 'Prairie Dirt Classic' Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2005 UMP Summernationals Winner at the 34 (IA) Raceway
    * 2005 UMP Summernationals Winner at the Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway
    * 2005 UMP Tri-Track Challenge Winner at the I-55 (MO) Raceway
    * 2005 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Winner at the LaSalle (IL) Speedway
    * 2004 'Masters' Champion at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 2004 Northern Xtreme Series Finale Winner at the East Bay (FL) Raceway Park
    * 2004 Xtreme Series Preliminary Victory at the Knoxville (IA) Raceway
    * 2004, 1996, 1995, & 1994 'Red Clay Classic' Winner at the ABC (WI) Raceway
    * 2000 'Topless 100' Winner at the Batesville (AR) Speedway
    * 1999 NASCAR RE/MAX Series Rookie of the Year
    * 1999 STARS Florida Speedweeks Champion at the East Bay (FL) Raceway Park
    * 1997 'Dream 100' Winner at the Eldora (OH) Speedway
    * 1996 'USA Outlaw Nationals' Winner at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
    * 1996 'WISSOTA 100' Winner at the Cedar (WI) Lake Speedway
    * 1992 'Silver 1000' Winner at the Proctor (MN) Speedway

Points History
    * 3rd in 2013 National Dirt Racing League Point Standings
    * 2nd in 2005 UMP Summernationals Point Standings
    * 2nd in 2004 Xtreme Dirtcar Series Point Standings
    * 3rd in 2003 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings
    * 4th in 2002 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings
    * 8th in 2001 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings
    * 9th in 2000 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings

12 Career Xtreme (Hav-A-Tampa, UDTRA) Feature Victories
    * Texas Motor Speedway - 2001
    * East Bay (FL) Raceway Park - 2002, 2003, & 2004
    * Bristol (TN) Motor Speedway - 2001
    * Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway - 2002
    * Green Valley (AL) Speedway - 2001
    * Cherokee (SC) Speedway - 2003
    * New Egypt (NJ) Speedway - 2004
    * Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway - 2004
    * Wythe (VA) Raceway - 2004
    * K-C (OH) Raceway - 2004

Butch
    He doesn't have the stats of Bloomer, Moyer, Moran, Freddy Smith, etc.

I'd compare him more to Davey Johnson, Steve Francis, Birky, etc. just a tier below the top.

And if you dig, most of these top drivers have skeletons. Maybe not the drugs, but the cheating yes.
    Yes i dig. I know he is great. Probably the best ever. I also am well aware that he is not the only guy to ever cheat or get caught cheating. I don't even care about the drug bs. Everyone was young once. I just don't like the way he acts, or talks. The whole i am just smarter than everyone attitude. He comes off as the opposite of humble. Kinda like an older Kyle Busch. I never said you shouldn't love him. I was just giving my opinion on a opinion based fourm. Ya dig?
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Lol. I have enough respect for you that I know ya like to poke fun at Bloomer over the blow. My thing is, I actually believe his story behind what happened. And if people knew the amount, it's quite laughable. Doesn't make it right, but it's nuts.

I could find nothing on his older personal life. We'll have to wait on his tell all book. The only reason Moyer came up is because someone wanted to cast him as a Saint, which he is not. Just like 99% of humans.

I think if you asked him now, he'd say taking that sway bar off was the stupidest thing he coulda done. And no doubt, he blew a$$. Completely over thunk it. His career in a late model though is nothing to poke fun at.

I've never seen or heard of him acting in a way that other drivers haven't. Anything that would stick out to say at least in the past he was crazy high. Now Tyler Walker(shame), A.J Fike I think it is?, yes for sure.
    Rest assured respect is mutual cnbf. And you're correct in that I kinda' get a kick outa' playin' the dope card and lack of success in other forms of racing now and again. I commend you for not taking it personally as if snort is your twin brother, or something like that.

Snort portray's himself in a fashion that completely lacks any hint of humility and any kind of levity in regards to how he illustrates himself. As you said, we all have character flaws but if he's going to retain that type of attitude then there is going to be plenty of blow (no pun intended) back. If he, or his fans, don't like the blow back then don't do that line of blow or venture into other forms of racing and suck really bad doing it.

Did anyone mention the Chili Bowl fiasco, or the less than flattering ARCA experience at Springfield? LOL!! Something can be said for the school of thought that leans towards the good possibility that snort possibly isn't all that good when he ventures out of a dirt late or dirt mod. That said, there is no particular disgrace in not being all that good outside of your comfort zone.

cnbf, I think you're referring to Aaron Fike who is the brother of A.J. The last report I heard is that Aaron Fike has been clean and sober for several years now. There are others who have tainted their legacy and then redeemed themselves. Shane Hmiel comes to mind. Shane admitted he'd done something very wrong and was contrite and repentant and won the adulation of all. Snort, on the other hand, has always acted as if he'd done absolutely nothing wrong and contrition is a word not in snort's vocabulary, let alone in his psyche.

I just don't see a drug bust and cheating on a spouse being equal. You can go to jail for one of them. I believe that the drug bust did affect his career as he couldn't even leave the State to race anywhere as it remains to seen if allegedly cheating a spouse has had a affect on the others career. I will say if that drug bust benefited anyone it was Moyer because Scott was one less guy standing in the way of the Hav-a-tampa championship!

Kevin weaver kicks off his 30th year of racing this year

Quote Originally Posted by JMill99m View Post
    Kevin weaver kicks off his 30th year of racing this year
    Over the years Kevin Weaver was fast enough to win the World Hundred more than once and something seemed always to go slightly wrong. For many years Kevin Weaver was/is a force to be reckoned with in Central Illinois and elsewhere. Always has driven clean and from what has been publicized he appears to have conducted his life on and off the racetrack with class and dignity befitting his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW View Post
    I just don't see a drug bust and cheating on a spouse being equal. You can go to jail for one of them. I believe that the drug bust did affect his career as he couldn't even leave the State to race anywhere as it remains to seen if allegedly cheating a spouse has had a affect on the others career. I will say if that drug bust benefited anyone it was Moyer because Scott was one less guy standing in the way of the Hav-a-tampa championship!
    Scott himself will tell you that ( although at the time it didn't appear so) , that the drug bust was probably the thing that made him the person he is at peace with in himself today.

Young rock star dirt late model driver.......women throwing themselves at him....access to any and all drugs of his choice.......how many of us would have done the exact same things he was doing in that situation.
    And be honest with yourselves......

Had he not been caught He could have very easily made some even more bad choices back then and it's doubtful we would even remember who he is today had he not straightened his personal life out back then.

People change.....people grow up.

How many of us ALL did stupid things that we regretted when we were young.......SOME OF US LEARNED FROM OUR MISTAKES, OTHERS ARE STILL MAKING THE SAME ONES AT AN ADVANCED AGE.

SCOTT LEARNED , CHANGED AND BECAME ONE OF THE GREATEST DIRT TRACK FIGURES IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hey BBQB, that is one glowing testimonial my friend! LOL!!

Rock star?

This bit of news was included in the rundown of one of the preliminary nights of the 2002 Chili Bowl.

"Scott Bloomquist in his Chili Bowl debut struggled, including jumping the cushion in the first turn on the first lap and coming to a stop in his heat race". However, in snort's defense he did finish 2 spots in front of Justin Allgaier and look where he's at these days.

To be considered one the "greatest dirt track figures in the history of the sport" shouldn't ya' be able to advance to the B-main after starting towards the front of the C-main?

Not sayin, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Yes i dig. I know he is great. Probably the best ever. I also am well aware that he is not the only guy to ever cheat or get caught cheating. I don't even care about the drug bs. Everyone was young once. I just don't like the way he acts, or talks. The whole i am just smarter than everyone attitude. He comes off as the opposite of humble. Kinda like an older Kyle Busch. I never said you shouldn't love him. I was just giving my opinion on a opinion based fourm. Ya dig?
    And I didn't say you were wrong or anything of the sort. And love is a little strong, I like him, I certainly don't love him. You gave your opinion, I gave mine. Fully aware of 4m being opinion based. Been here for a long time. No need to be kinda sh!tty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW View Post
    While you do have a point, to be married for a very long time and then piss it away, it ranks real high for me. It was 2.7 grams, less than an eighth of an ounce. And yes, if you are in possession, you should go to jail. And no an adulter should not. There are many things that get no jail sentence or very little, that are much worse than a couple grams of blow. Wether he learned his lesson or not, I really don't know.

His story is that he wasn't doing it, it was for some chick, and she set him up to get outta some trouble of her own. And it was election time in Tennessee. Really, take it for what it's worth. Until he quits racing and releases a tell all book, doubt we'll ever know. And even then may not.

Rest assured respect is mutual cnbf. And you're correct in that I kinda' get a kick outa' playin' the dope card and lack of success in other forms of racing now and again. I commend you for not taking it personally as if snort is your twin brother, or something like that.

Snort portray's himself in a fashion that completely lacks any hint of humility and any kind of levity in regards to how he illustrates himself. As you said, we all have character flaws but if he's going to retain that type of attitude then there is going to be plenty of blow (no pun intended) back. If he, or his fans, don't like the blow back then don't do that line of blow or venture into other forms of racing and suck really bad doing it.

Did anyone mention the Chili Bowl fiasco, or the less than flattering ARCA experience at Springfield? LOL!! Something can be said for the school of thought that leans towards the good possibility that snort possibly isn't all that good when he ventures out of a dirt late or dirt mod. That said, there is no particular disgrace in not being all that good outside of your comfort zone.

cnbf, I think you're referring to Aaron Fike who is the brother of A.J. The last report I heard is that Aaron Fike has been clean and sober for several years now. There are others who have tainted their legacy and then redeemed themselves. Shane Hmiel comes to mind. Shane admitted he'd done something very wrong and was contrite and repentant and won the adulation of all. Snort, on the other hand, has always acted as if he'd done absolutely nothing wrong and contrition is a word not in snort's vocabulary, let alone in his psyche.
    That's who I meant. He got nailed at Kings Island, an amusement park here in Ohio.

And I agree he can be obnoxious and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)y. I was somene who disliked him to for them reasons. But since his marriage and second daughter, I think he's melliwed out some. He has admitted screwing up and will give props to tracks and that now. The guy that started this thread I think, Eric, tells a cool story of what happened when he wrote Scott. And there's plenty more stories of him doing similar things. I don't think he's an all around ahole, just (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)y and to the point. He's always told the same story on the blow and it is believable. Doesn't mean it's true, but I can see that happening. Especially to someone who doesn't quite fit in to Tennessee in the first place.

And Shane Hmiel is a dam disgrace. Had turned his life around, was doing well, and then that wreck.

Hey BBQB, that is one glowing testimonial my friend! LOL!!

Rock star?

This bit of news was included in the rundown of one of the preliminary nights of the 2002 Chili Bowl.

"Scott Bloomquist in his Chili Bowl debut struggled, including jumping the cushion in the first turn on the first lap and coming to a stop in his heat race". However, in snort's defense he did finish 2 spots in front of Justin Allgaier and look where he's at these days.

To be considered one the "greatest dirt track figures in the history of the sport" shouldn't ya' be able to advance to the B-main after starting towards the front of the C-main?

Not sayin, just sayin'.
    Have any of the other names everybody is tossing around out there ever run or done well in the chili bowl?? ( Moyer, Simmons, purvis etc.)

I'm asking because I really don't know.....

I mean if we are talking about all forms of dirt racing , I would have to believe we throw in Brett Hearn,barefoot bob,swindell,kinser,lee petty,tiny lund,junior Johnson,buck baker etc. Etc.

Just don't think it's fair to throw a moral clause into this BEST CAREER equation......

One of the best , slickest all out RACE CAR drivers ever to strap into anything WAS A GREAT GUY ,BUT when it came to partying hard had the moral compass of a tree stump..............TIM RICHMOND.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    Purvis was good but can't be included in the 25-30 year career not even close

Duval good as well can be included in the 25-30 year career but just doesnt have the big wins like Moyer and Bloomer I know he won the World jut not in the same class as the other 2
    Purvis was the best I ever saw. Cant include in the 25-30, but he put on the biggest beatdown I ever saw at a loaded field of cars on the big 5/8 Tri City speedway back in the late 80's. He lapped everybody .....most 2 times, and im not talking a bunch of scrubs. All the big boys were there. Drivers literally sat on the door sills of their cars afterwords in the pits, looking at each other like WTF just happened out there? It was an awesome display of skill. High. Low. Middle. He never bobbled once in 50 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Have any of the other names everybody is tossing around out there ever run or done well in the chili bowl?? ( Moyer, Simmons, purvis etc.)

I'm asking because I really don't know.....

I mean if we are talking about all forms of dirt racing , I would have to believe we throw in Brett Hearn,barefoot bob,swindell,kinser,lee petty,tiny lund,junior Johnson,buck baker etc. Etc.

Just don't think it's fair to throw a moral clause into this BEST CAREER equation......

One of the best , slickest all out RACE CAR drivers ever to strap into anything WAS A GREAT GUY ,BUT when it came to partying hard had the moral compass of a tree stump..............TIM RICHMOND.
    BBQB, Tim McCreadie is the only one that comes to mind who did well at The Chili Bowl that was from a totally different racing discipline. But, I consider Tim to have originally have cut his teeth and made his mark (the long knives may come out again! LOL!!) and jumped to dirt lates later on in his career, much like Kenny Brightbill and maybe a few others.

BBQB, you very appropriately named some very heavy hitters in your overall dirt category, and I would add a couple of names to your stellar list: A.J. Foyt (#1 on dirt overall), Jack Hewitt (who actually won some features in a generic dirt late model), Ralph Earnhardt, Don White, Johnny Beauchamp, Ramo Stott, Curtis Turner and David Pearson. It is said that Pearson was better on the dirt than he was on pavement and he was really, really good on pavement.

In the final analysis, I will reiterate my pick of the generic dirt late model era is Jeff Purvis but unfortunately Jeff doesn't count since his dirt career was ended short of the 25-30 year criteria as a result of him being so good. That didn't happen with snort, partly because of the involvement with dope. Snort and Moyer stayed in the dirt lates and have performed at the highest level for the longest time. If we're only talking about the generic era then take your pick between snort or Moyer, dope problems notwithstanding.

Great discussion!! And the long knives never came out!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    Purvis was the best I ever saw. Cant include in the 25-30, but he put on the biggest beatdown I ever saw at a loaded field of cars on the big 5/8 Tri City speedway back in the late 80's. He lapped everybody .....most 2 times, and im not talking a bunch of scrubs. All the big boys were there. Drivers literally sat on the door sills of their cars afterwords in the pits, looking at each other like WTF just happened out there? It was an awesome display of skill. High. Low. Middle. He never bobbled once in 50 laps.
    Good story rh!! I'm with ya' 100% in reference to Purvis.

Just who is this "snort" guy? Don't answer that!!