Default Enclosed vs open trailer?

I'm looking for a trailer and am really seeing some interesting stuff.. I'm just asking a question, so don't flame me too bad. I see some really nice open trailers with an enclosed box. Basically they are professionally built enclosed trailers with an open back. They are selling for $7000+. My question is what's the advantage? You can go ahead and buy a nice 24' for less! What am I missing?

The open trailer is waaaaaayyyyy cooler lookin..............that's about all I got.lol
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQ is right, with an open trailer, you drive down the highway and everybody can see what you're hauling, and in some cases even persuade somebody to follow you to a track and gain a fan...jmo

I like our open trailer because it makes washing the car so much easier. You wash it on the trailer, unload it and that's it. Plus, yeah it draws more attention to racing while you're traveling down the highways - so thats another plus.

I miss our enclosed just for the fact of getting in out of the weather at the track when its freezing cold or raining. If you are going to be traveling and staying away overnight the enclosed would protect your car and tools also.

That's just my thoughts.

I was very interested in those enclosed trailers with an open back as well until I saw the price tag. I even looked into building it myself. If some one can figure out how to build one for less they will fill a niche market. I believe the price is due with the fact most have two decks and a lot of them have stronger frames to begin with than your typical enclosed trailer with plywood decking.

Octane Trailers and Predator have built a few half open/half enclosed that were really slick.

http://www.mypredatortrailer.com/?page_id=50
    Last edited by FlatTire; 02-18-2015 at 10:25 AM.

I like my enclosed trailer better than the open, but both have their merits.
    Enclosed Pros:
    I have tools that are for use at the track, so I don't have to worry about forgetting something.
    Security - I've had a lot of things stolen in the past.
    I can change in the trailer as opposed to a porta potty.
    Enclosed Cons:
    If you ever wad up your racecar, getting it into and out of the trailer is a lot harder.
    You can't work on or clean your racecar if its in the trailer.
    A flat tire on you racecar, while it's in the trailer, is a nightmare.
    There are a lot more in both pro and con, but the choice is going to be based on your wants and needs.