Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LIL Bobby

That's what i'm hoping for the youngin.He has a good head,i think he would be a top contender fairly quick.Hope he gets his chance soon.GO Bobby lets see another good finish in this one!!!

Something looks to be messed up in the tranny. He stopped and was jerking on the shifter ended they just shoved him in the infield. It happen under the pace laps.

Dammit,dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clutch went before the start.Dam that's too bad.Hang in there Bobby!

The racing at New Smyrna was a lot better than I expected. They tore up some stuff though. The pro late models couldn't make a lap without one getting into the fence. I enjoyed it really. It was 2 wide racing 90% of the night. I'll more an likely go back given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The racing at New Smyrna was a lot better than I expected. They tore up some stuff though. The pro late models couldn't make a lap without one getting into the fence. I enjoyed it really. It was 2 wide racing 90% of the night. I'll more an likely go back given the chance.
    Watched a good share last night. They sure lean on each other a lot. Racing was not that bad.

Hope your having a good time down South. I envy ya.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Watched a good share last night. They sure lean on each other a lot. Racing was not that bad.

I really liked those Whelen mods. It was kinda hard to hear at times. They do some kind of weird invert...made the racing better I think. If you get the chance I'd go check it out.

Agree.I started watching from the begining and figger'd i would last 5 minutes,but to my surprise,i wound up watching to the very end.At first i thought it sucked,hated to see a guy intentionally knocked out.But later i realized they let it go because that guy WILL come back and knock the dude out twice as hard.So,if you got the balls,you better be ready the next round because you are gonna get slammed to the wall.The only driver out there that i REALLY disliked was Stephen Wallace.He is an azzhole no matter how you look at it.Dont think there is a driver out there that likes him.
    Last edited by runyou-2; 02-19-2015 at 11:39 AM.

The guy that drove the 7 threw his steering wheel inside of Wallace's car. I thought that was funny, not something you'll often haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post

Right in step with ya HH........watched it all at new Smyrna and enjoyed it, and wished I was in the volusia camping area like normal.

I must be more like the voodoo child than I knew........volusia one of my too 3 favorite tracks too, lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_pockets View Post
    He has been asphalt racing before.
    Bobby, raced in Memphis last year. It's a 5/8 mile track and got up to top ten from the rear, before he broke.

New Symerna is a different track. You can run high or low, but you have to do your braking before the corner. I used to go during the 60s 70s, to watch a guy I was in the Navy with, race there. Jerry Cook.

There is a Illinois heritage involved with the World Serries event. Bob Bartel, the Moline policeman, that founded Cordova drag strip in the 50s, to give us kids that street raced a place to race, started this event.

Anyone notice who has fast time ?.. Remember Paul Shafer # 20 th... That is his Son !.. Paul was a great dirt tracker from Northern Indiana ... ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Right in step with ya HH........watched it all at new Smyrna and enjoyed it, and wished I was in the volusia camping area like normal.

I must be more like the voodoo child than I knew........volusia one of my too 3 favorite tracks too, lol.
    and the other 2?
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Paul Schafer Sr. races legends cars on asphalt at Illiana Speedway. He won the championship last year. Paul Jr. races a latemodel at Illiana and Grundy and on the Arca Midwest tour.

That's interesting Bubstr,didn't know that.
    The coolest part of the whole show was seeing that 60 year old dude WIN ! They said he hasn't won a race for like 60 years and then he comes to the "World Series" and kicks azz.I'll bet his camp is still partying.

Quote Originally Posted by XRACER1993 View Post
    Anyone notice who has fast time ?.. Remember Paul Shafer # 20 th... That is his Son !.. Paul was a great dirt tracker from Northern Indiana ... ! :-)
    The boy that won the first super race that night was from Indiana. Dalton Armstrong I believe was his name....he was fast started deep and passed his was to the front.

Dalton is indeed a farm kid from Indiana. Dalton has had some success driving midgets, mostly USAC. He has an older brother, Dakota, and a cousin Caleb that also race.

The Armstrong's are a nice bunch of folks. We've hung out with them a little at The Belleville Midget Nationals and at the 4 Crown Nationals.

Great to see Dalton doing well in Florida.

Anyone know what happened to Bobby, the last two nights? Clutch couldn't have been enough to park it.

Backed it into the wall one nightF/B page

Harrison Burton in his Chevy powered SLM wins again! Two nights in a row.Even though Wallace banged the hell outta Burton to pass him earlier in the week,Burton raced Wallace clean for the pass to lead and win.Great driving by this young man.Jeff has taught him well.Looked like Stevie Wallace's bottom lip was pushed out a bit.Hahahhahahahahaha