Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What a "fantastic" end to the 500

I stayed home and wasted 3 hrs just to watch a yellow flag be thrown with a 1/2 lap to go. Im done. Maybe there WAS a good reason but good what a let down. Also i noticed a huge section of the front grandstands were blacked out. Is it that bad now where they dont even fill the front stands?

I stop watching nscarp 13 years ago

I think part of the new stands are not finished I don't know if that's what was blacked out or not. I wish it had stayed green but honestly with the way the top 3 were spaced apart I think Joey had it anyway. But, you never know. I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    I stayed home and wasted 3 hrs just to watch a yellow flag be thrown with a 1/2 lap to go. Im done. Maybe there WAS a good reason but good what a let down. Also i noticed a huge section of the front grandstands were blacked out. Is it that bad now where they dont even fill the front stands?
    I agree, that wreck was on the backstretch, they could have let them finish!

I don't think they would have passed the 22 but for gods sake let them race for it. They could absolutely screw up a wet dream.

Nascar didn't have a problem letting the Busch guys race back to the line after them boys wrecked past the tri-oval last night.. But that is probably why they were quick with the yellow today.. All in all, thought it was a pretty good plate race..
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Quote Originally Posted by SB FAN View Post
    Thank God For Dirt!!!
    Amen there brother! My 2015 Speedweeks: 5 live events, 6 ppv....all dirt, no money to NASCRAP!

Shouldn't end a race under caution period. Throw the yellow and redo the green, white, checkered. What a waste of time.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Shouldn't end a race under caution period. Throw the yellow and redo the green, white, checkered. What a waste of time.
    I thought I heard them say they had 3 chances for a green, white, checker. If that's the case why did they wave the caution and checkered after the first attempt????

The rule is....if the leader takes the white flag, the next flag ends the race, whether it is the yellow or checkered. It doesn't make sense to me either.

The Nascar drivers deserve just as much blame as Nascar does. If Indy car or alot of dirt races have a GWC restart, they drive with a little more common sense and respect for eachother. Never fails, at Daytona, Bristol or any other track, they beat the hell out of eachother for 10th place on a GWC restart. They didn't wreck all day, but gets down to the end and they turn their brains off.

3 chances if they wreck between green and white, 0 chances if white flys.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Funny thing is that just this week the fans voted the 1998 Daytona race the greatest of all time. They must have forgot that it ended under yellow as well. And last year's race ended under caution also, both wins by an Earnhardt which sounds about right because most of the time the Earnhardt fans only want to remember what benefits themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    Funny thing is that just this week the fans voted the 1998 Daytona race the greatest of all time. They must have forgot that it ended under yellow as well. And last year's race ended under caution also, both wins by an Earnhardt which sounds about right because most of the time the Earnhardt fans only want to remember what benefits themselves.
    yea well..I was there in '97 and it was one,two,three Hendrick with Gordon winning under caution.
    beat that for ruining the trip home..lol

No different than a lot or dirt tracks that have rules just like that, disappointing finish for what could've been an exciting finish.

Nascar is in trouble and they know, I have not watch a full race in years.. maybe 20 laps here and there.. To many people with there finger in the cookie jar, trying to please Gov, EPA, bleeding hearts, and others. its time is limited.
    The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also are enemies; probably because they are generally the same people...
    G.K. Chesterton

They crashed thurs night and they let them race back to the checkers. This wrek was over a mile away and they throw the yellow. They have way to much control of things.

Good race, deserving winner, poor choice to end under yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    I stop watching nscarp 13 years ago
    What is nscarp? - The JOKER!!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    Kudo's to you Jay for pointing out the inconsistencies, especially of the Earnhardt fans, both past and present.

Another little tidbit from the 1998 Daytona 500. In Ed Hinton's book about Daytona he pointed out that 2 prominent teams had old ironhead dead (no pun intended) to rights speeding on pit road during his last pit stop which got him out in the lead or very close to the lead. If the correct call was made on that speeding violation we wouldn't have all those fond memories of that touching victory scene on pit road. And that's in addition to the race ending under yellow.

It pretty much all depends whose oxen is being gored as to how one feels about the yellow flag finish.