Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by latemodel28d View Post
    new clay, its gonna be an all new ball game this weekend
    That might "tame" the Bulldog a little. That track normally gets "harder than $20 worth of jawbreakers". If it gets as hard and slick as usual, my money is on Clanton!

No Clanton this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    No Clanton this weekend.
    Yep. Just read Bens press release as of today at 12:29PM.

Looks like a lot of guys are taking the week off. I wonder what kind of car count they will have.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    you and the thomasses have fun.
    It want just be him and the Thomases because I will have a group of 5 or 6 there this weekend. Cant wait, it cant be any colder than GIS and Screven earlier this month. As long as its dry Im there.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Take me off the sportsman list. Motor won't be ready..

8 classes of racing?? Yowsa!!
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    8 classes of racing?? Yowsa!!
    I just noticed something interesting on the track website. "In case of inclement weather purse will be 80% of the gate." According to AccuWeather, Friday's forecast is for 53 high 27 low and Saturday 55 high and 37 low. Is that considered inclement weather?

With feature racing of 260 laps total over 8 classes, it might be a long night in Alabama. Not upper midwest cold, but certainly chilly for that part of the country.

The Bama Bash scheduled for this weekend has been postponed due to the weather. The grounds are saturated and we have 2 inches of rain coming in today and tonight. We have talked to many driver’s today that are snowed in and wouldn’t be able to travel to the event. We don’t want to put anyone in danger having to travel in the ice and snow conditions. We are looking at dates to re-schedule the event we will post on facebook and www.eamsdirt.com. Thanks to everyone that planned to be here this weekend sorry mother nature wouldn’t cooperate with us.

I hate to say, that's the chances when scheduling this early in the year. It's a cr@pshoot with the unpredictable weather this time of year. I am itching to see racing as much as the next guy. Hopefully EAMS will find a good date to get this show in.
    My first show will be Farmer City in a few weeks. The way the weather has been as of late, this show has me worried as well. We will see.
    8/13/16

East Alabama Motor Speedway
    www.eamsdirt.com <------- for more information!!!!

The 18th Annual Bama Bash has been rescheduled for March 6-8, 2015.
    Race format will be:

Friday, March 6
    Noon - Pit Gates Open
    6:00 pm - Practice All Divisions

Saturday, March 7
    Noon - Pit Gates Open
    2:00pm - Grandstand Gates Open
    5:00pm - Practice, Time Trials In Late Model Sportsman, Crate Late Model & SAS Super Late Model
    Heat Races In Hobby, Super Street, Bomber, Cruiser, KMSA Mini Stock & SAS Super Late Model

Sunday, March 8
    10:00am - Pit Gates Open
    10:00am - Grandstand Gates Open
    11:00am - Last Chance Races
    Noon - Feature Races In Hobby, Crate Late Model, Super Street,
    Bomber, Late Model Sportsman, Cruiser, KMSA Mini Stock & SAS Super Late Model

With it now being $6000 to win I doubt the car count will be close to similar, I also doubt we will see many big name drivers. It is unfortunate that the weather had to mess this one up.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

why the drop in pay?

I'm Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a stand alone event anymore, a two day show for 6 grand (poss 8500 to win ) Car count will go down a little.
    Last edited by gorj; 02-26-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    With it now being $6000 to win I doubt the car count will be close to similar, I also doubt we will see many big name drivers. It is unfortunate that the weather had to mess this one up.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Weather didnt mess this up. Weather just delayed it. EAMS screwed this up with a 60% drop in purse. No way they would have lost 60% of their cars by delaying it a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfan04 View Post
    Weather didnt mess this up. Weather just delayed it. EAMS screwed this up with a 60% drop in purse. No way they would have lost 60% of their cars by delaying it a week.
    Its not the 60% of the cars they need to worry about, they probably realistically would have lost 15-20% but its who those 15-20% are that makes the difference.

Would Davenport, Roberts, Hickman, Bloomquist, etc. still show up? Because they bring the fans out. They would after all be running against the Ultimate series, and thus none of those drivers would be at the show.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Its not the 60% of the cars they need to worry about, they probably realistically would have lost 15-20% but its who those 15-20% are that makes the difference.

Would Davenport, Roberts, Hickman, Bloomquist, etc. still show up? Because they bring the fans out. They would after all be running against the Ultimate series, and thus none of those drivers would be at the show.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You obviously have never been to a special event at that track. The pits and the grandstands will still be packed no mater whether they loose some of the bigger names or not. There will also probably still be people showing up to camp a couple days early. I agree that them might loose some of the fans, but not even close to 60%. They are still running at least 8 different classes that will have full fields of cars. So they will still have a pretty substantial gate. If they had adjusted the purse by 25% or less it might sit alot better with me because at least then you could make an intelligent argument for your case. I would have still raced there for that. But dropping the purse 60% like that. That is really uncalled for.