Default Now that Speedweeks is behind us... Rookie(s) of the Year?

Now that we have finished Speedweeks I'm wondering how these rookie races will shape up? The WoO race got significantly less interesting with the sudden end to the Jason Jameson rookie campaign. That left Ziegler and Yaggy to duke it out, and while I would normally give the nod to Ziegler, neither were very impressive. That aside, will either of them end of following the series? They both had rough Speedweeks but I saw several flashes of brilliance out of Yaggy who can be fast for sure. Ziegler will definitely get rolling, but with his dedication already in question (we all thought he gave up when he wasn't at Ocala for the UMP show) will he continue to haul to the WoO events?

On the Lucas side, who is running? B. Shepp had a very consistent Speedweeks, but what constitutes successful enough to continue onward? I hope he follows the Lucas series this season because I think he can really challenge for a top spot in the championship.

Aside from the rookies we had Chub Frank, Boom Briggs and Eric Wells all o the "possibly" side of things for running the full WoO series. I can see Chub Frank sticking with it, but what about Boom? Eric Wells had a very tough Speedweeks, it was nice to see a good run out of him on Saturday but hopefully he isn't discouraged because I think he was running good toward the end of last season. I think jumping back into the Rockets would be a good bet for him, I think his finishes definitely improved in the Rockets over the older Bloomquist cars.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I thought Mason Zeigler would run much better than he showed. I think he will get it figured out and win WoO rookie if he chooses to run the whole tour.

I have been on 4m for almost a year now, and have had several disagreements with many people. I seem to not share the opinion of many on this board. I would never add someone to my ignore list just for disagreeing with me. But for the first time I've had to add someone to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I thought Mason Zeigler would run much better than he showed. I think he will get it figured out and win WoO rookie if he chooses to run the whole tour.
    I think Ziegler is the most likely candidate for the rookie victory if he runs. Yaggy has been impressive however and I don't think he will make it very easy, or at least not as easy as many envisioned when they found out Jameson would not be running.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I think Ziegler is the most likely candidate for the rookie victory if he runs. Yaggy has been impressive however and I don't think he will make it very easy, or at least not as easy as many envisioned when they found out Jameson would not be running.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    jameson would have had too many dnf's to even contend.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by w2racing09 View Post
    now that we have finished speedweeks i'm wondering how these rookie races will shape up? The woo race got significantly less interesting with the sudden end to the jason jameson rookie campaign. That left ziegler and yaggy to duke it out, and while i would normally give the nod to ziegler, neither were very impressive. That aside, will either of them end of following the series? They both had rough speedweeks but i saw several flashes of brilliance out of yaggy who can be fast for sure. Ziegler will definitely get rolling, but with his dedication already in question (we all thought he gave up when he wasn't at ocala for the ump show) will he continue to haul to the woo events?

On the lucas side, who is running? B. Shepp had a very consistent speedweeks, but what constitutes successful enough to continue onward? I hope he follows the lucas series this season because i think he can really challenge for a top spot in the championship.

Aside from the rookies we had chub frank, boom briggs and eric wells all o the "possibly" side of things for running the full woo series. I can see chub frank sticking with it, but what about boom? Eric wells had a very tough speedweeks, it was nice to see a good run out of him on saturday but hopefully he isn't discouraged because i think he was running good toward the end of last season. I think jumping back into the rockets would be a good bet for him, i think his finishes definitely improved in the rockets over the older bloomquist cars.

Thanks,
    jeff.
    there are a few other teams you failed to mention tha had a.. Not so good showing at speedweeks who in all honesty may bail from their touring series' and run true "outlaw " schedules in 15'

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    there are a few other teams you failed to mention tha had a.. Not so good showing at speedweeks who in all honesty may bail from their touring series' and run true "outlaw " schedules in 15'
    Who are you thinking of? I doubt Eckert will bail, aside from him just Junghans and T-Mac had sub par performances and I doubt they would consider dropping from the tour.

On the Lucas side of things Benedum, Papich and Rettig are the only drivers I could see not running the series, and Papich didn't set the world on fire to start out last season either but picked up over the course of the season. I expect at the very least he will continue running the series, and continue to improve over this season. Those guys in CA/AZ better hope he never drops off the tour because there are not many out there who could keep up with him if he decided to run regionally.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

running full time with lucas last year(or did he ?) really did help papich out ! not saying he wasn't good before that but running against the best there is in the buisness tends to make drivers better !

Talon75 works with Papich. He may know what's going on there.

I thought it was said he was going to run Lucas again this year.

I wonder how hard Rowland is thinking about keeping Stormy Scott in the late model all year? He ran real well at east bay and raced his way into most of the shows at volusia. He done a lot better than I figured he would against good competition.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-23-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Stormy Scott would be a good pick.

Stormy will win it for sure.

We are gonna run the next two weekends with Lucas and se where we are then, keeping the business strong in California is the number one priority. Might do some midwest racing if not Lucas.

It would be great to see Stormy and Bshepp battle it out, two very talented drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by TALON75 View Post
    We are gonna run the next two weekends with Lucas and se where we are then, keeping the business strong in California is the number one priority. Might do some midwest racing if not Lucas.

It would be great to see Stormy and Bshepp battle it out, two very talented drivers!
    Hope to see you guys stick it out, but if not I feel bad for the rest of the guys out West. You all are on an entirely different level than most of the teams out there.

Smile

Hopefully you guys are able to stick it out. I gotta lot of respect for a team like yours to come out to do a national tour that far from home base.

Fwiw..... I've heard 3 different rumors for Stormy Scott this year. So we will see what they decide to do.

Thumbs up

Was hoping to see you guys in Vegas next Wednesday at the Sin City Showdown...😉

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I think Yaggys racing at Volusia got him behind Ziegler, he should have gotten in at least one of the WoO shows, especially Saturday when he started on the pole in the consi and finish 5th, one spot from transfering to the A main. Yaggy has the least experience of the two but if he can improve on those starts and restarts he will be a factor. First time racing at those tracks in GA and FL for Jordan, I think he can build from speedweeks and be a factor in 2015.