Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bama Bash - Forget It!!

Weather didn't work out, I get it. Gotta compete with several other events now, I get it. But a 3 day $6k to win show, I don't get it, so I'm forgetting it. My money, time, and fun is going elsewhere. I mean it's 2015 SAS and EAMS! A $6k 3 day show? Give me a break!

How far is n. Ga speedway from east ala. Sat night 5000 to win ultimate show plus 5000 to win Livonia ultimate show. Carolina clash skyler trull memorial. Which Davenport has won the last two years so I doubt you will see him at east ala.

2 1/2, 3 hrs maybe

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Weather didn't work out, I get it. Gotta compete with several other events now, I get it. But a 3 day $6k to win show, I don't get it, so I'm forgetting it. My money, time, and fun is going elsewhere. I mean it's 2015 SAS and EAMS! A $6k 3 day show? Give me a break!
    I couldnt agree more! This is a JOKE and and insult to racers and fans!!! To cut the purse 60%, BRAVO! Did you cut the car entry fees, pit pass fees, grandstand fees and 4 wheeler pass fees by 60% as well EAMS? Pretty sure I know the answer to that. On top of all that you changed a Friday/Saturday show to a Saturday/Sunday show which makes it a lot harder for people who have to be back at work on Monday. True that you might have lost some of your cars by changing the weekend. But I will guarantee you that if you had kept the purse at $15K you sure as hell wouldn't have lost anywhere near 60% or the field. Also, I doubt you would have lost much if any of the grandstand gate at all. But you will now, it's officially off of my calander and I'm probably sure I'm not alone. Not that you seem to care.

If the track is running on a shoe string budget taking a risk with paying out $20k more (average through the field) could be too much. It may have been more solid with them being the only place running, but without that safety net they would need to hope for 40+ cars and a packed house, which when running against competition is not always a guarantee. I think the race still would have been profitable but some tracks cannot afford to take the risk.

The better option probably would have been to cancel the race however.

This issue wouldn't happen if there were enough cars to draw from that the track knew it would get an outstanding car count for $15k to win. Unfortunately with the cost of SLM racing today, and the lack of series and tracks trying to add low cost options to the division we don't have the luxury of many cars.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

This race track must be hurting to charge 40.00 to camp for a two day 6,000.00 to win show. I can see that a lot of people will not be attending this show with tfere campers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfan04 View Post
    I couldnt agree more! This is a JOKE and and insult to racers and fans!!! To cut the purse 60%, BRAVO! Did you cut the car entry fees, pit pass fees, grandstand fees and 4 wheeler pass fees by 60% as well EAMS? Pretty sure I know the answer to that. On top of all that you changed a Friday/Saturday show to a Saturday/Sunday show which makes it a lot harder for people who have to be back at work on Monday. True that you might have lost some of your cars by changing the weekend. But I will guarantee you that if you had kept the purse at $15K you sure as hell wouldn't have lost anywhere near 60% or the field. Also, I doubt you would have lost much if any of the grandstand gate at all. But you will now, it's officially off of my calander and I'm probably sure I'm not alone. Not that you seem to care.
    typical EAMS bullsh!t, nothing new

I'm out on tire cost alone. It being a Saturday night show I would qualify and run the feature on the same tire. Maybe buy a 1600 or quick fire 70 for the rr but now as abrasive as the track is I will have to buy another set to qualify on plus a set to run the feature. For 3000 to win if I run 2nd I lose money. I will be there Friday to practice then head to senoia Saturday to run their opening night.

Dirt Crow, great points. I was on the ledge of going anyway because of all the classes. Now with the payout cuts, no way am I going. There will be a higher quality of cars at Senoia for 1500 to win. Does the ghost of Bill T seem to be around the "Bama Bash"?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post
    PPMS is well-known for their lackluster management, run down facility and poor payoffs. There are far deeper issues their that lead to their dropping of the Super Late Models weekly than the car rules.
    Yep, I think them and EAMS use the same pricing guidelines. And PMS has always overcharged, and not put a dime into the place. Good location, needs new owners.

I bet when they didn't have 300 pre entries to pay that $15,000, they were praying for a reason to call it. The most expensive place to race or watch a race.

That does suck to hear they dropped from 15k to 6k. The track and promoter has do what think is best for them. On the other hand I hope some of drivers head to ArkLaTex for the pelican 100. Then maybe ArkLaTex change it from 10k to 15k

Quote Originally Posted by JustDirt View Post
    I bet when they didn't have 300 pre entries to pay that $15,000, they were praying for a reason to call it. The most expensive place to race or watch a race.
    At least the fans get their money's worth! Everytime I've been there, its an ALL day and freakin night race. Way too many classes and races for a track to hold up. Im sure with that big purse cut, a lot of drivers and fans wont be there. That purse should be a one day show and just split the classes up each day. Im glad I wont be there!

Just checked EAMS website. Lower classes still the same. Only supers took cut.

Racing folks. Not cussing and name calling. Arguments are fine. No foul language and keep it civil.

Still trying to decide about the Bash. What drivers are still going?

Madden and Weaver still have it on their schedules.

Smile C. Smith

Clint Smith has it on his website. Hopefully several others will come on Sunday and start the consi, like Bloomer used to do for the National 100.

Madden and Weaver still have it on their schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    And not enough racers to fill the field. 21 cars?? Are you kidding me??

Anyone that paid admission price for this one is just plain looney tunes or the biggest die hard, can't wait for a dirt race, late model fan around.
    8/13/16

Thomas and Clint supposedly going today.