Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

NASCAR is not as popular as it once was. I don't think anyone can deny that. That's why they are at least trying something different and can you really blame them for that. I happen to like the new quailifying format. Yes I'm with Mud probably not a good idea on restrictor plate tracks but, for the other tracks much better then the ole boring single car format.

Let's face it NASCAR is not the only form of racing that is in decline. Just look at your local dirt tracks. More and more are tracks are closing or running on a week to week basis.

If you don't like NASCAR do yourself a favor and quit watching it or is it you just like to be whinners and complainers that's why you still watch it lol.

I guess old habit's are hard to break I keep up with it because I remember the old day's of nascar and what it used to be, and I just don't care where it has gone, and I guess it is just a pipe dream it will ever go back.

CIRF while I do agree that nascar has made many bad decisions in the last few years I really doubt you could do any better with all your wisdom, AS you must be aware that the landscape of all racing has changed and if you can't understand that's on you, the reason that I reply to some of your post is because of your know it all attitude and no one else can be right, as far as your image of me no I am not a stalker ,I have all of my teeth ,I do still own a Earnhardt tee shirt and coffee mug,I don't peck on a keyboard all day my 69'th post compared to your 2614 and counting, I don't clench my jaw when someone mentions Earnhardts and I don't blame Sterling Marlin for what happened anyone could see what Dale was trying to do for his son and Michael. I do enjoy how easy it is to get you to resort to name calling and changing the subject also just a reminder Earnhardt 76 wins in 32 years while Martin and Labonte 62 wins in 68 years combined wow hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    NASCAR is not as popular as it once was. I don't think anyone can deny that. That's why they are at least trying something different and can you really blame them for that. I happen to like the new quailifying format. Yes I'm with Mud probably not a good idea on restrictor plate tracks but, for the other tracks much better then the ole boring single car format.

Let's face it NASCAR is not the only form of racing that is in decline. Just look at your local dirt tracks. More and more are tracks are closing or running on a week to week basis.

If you don't like NASCAR do yourself a favor and quit watching it or is it you just like to be whinners and complainers that's why you still watch it lol.
    Although I don't agree totally, you bring up some good points and the post is well written..........as for being a whiner , I think the term wishful is more suited.

As in wishful that nascar could do some soul searching and cater to the fans instead of the corporate greed monster.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by retired racer View Post
    CIRF while I do agree that nascar has made many bad decisions in the last few years I really doubt you could do any better with all your wisdom, AS you must be aware that the landscape of all racing has changed and if you can't understand that's on you, the reason that I reply to some of your post is because of your know it all attitude and no one else can be right, as far as your image of me no I am not a stalker ,I have all of my teeth ,I do still own a Earnhardt tee shirt and coffee mug,I don't peck on a keyboard all day my 69'th post compared to your 2614 and counting, I don't clench my jaw when someone mentions Earnhardts and I don't blame Sterling Marlin for what happened anyone could see what Dale was trying to do for his son and Michael. I do enjoy how easy it is to get you to resort to name calling and changing the subject also just a reminder Earnhardt 76 wins in 32 years while Martin and Labonte 62 wins in 68 years combined wow hard to believe.
    And all of martins and labontes wins came without wrecking or dirty driving one single guy........with the exception of one race.

Everyone wants nascar to go back to the good old days, if you remember Earnhardt wasn't the only one to drive rough he may have been the best at it, but it certainly wasn't just him who would move someone, I also didn't approve of what went on at Bristol with Labonte and even his biggest supporters were set back by his actions and you could also tell that he wasn't happy with himself, however it's not his fault that the rules allowed those things to go on at that point in time, his flagrant wrecking of someone was a very small % of his 76 wins, just saying in 20 more years nobody will remember mark martin or Terry Labonte they will remember the number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by retired racer View Post
    Everyone wants nascar to go back to the good old days, if you remember Earnhardt wasn't the only one to drive rough he may have been the best at it, but it certainly wasn't just him who would move someone, I also didn't approve of what went on at Bristol with Labonte and even his biggest supporters were set back by his actions and you could also tell that he wasn't happy with himself, however it's not his fault that the rules allowed those things to go on at that point in time, his flagrant wrecking of someone was a very small % of his 76 wins, just saying in 20 more years nobody will remember mark martin or Terry Labonte they will remember the number 3.
    Like nobody remembers Cale......Bobby....Donny.....freddy(lorenzen)..... David......buddy.......Alan....Richard......Davey. ..and all of them 20 years after they hung it up or are no longer with us????

Nobody has forgotten about them, the rest of us have great memories of them and aren't all infected and blinded with ironheaditus!!!!

Dale was great for the sport, and without question will go down as one of the best ever.....and his son has turned out to be a pretty good racer and a fantastic ambassador for the sport( or what's left of it) as well.

The good ole days are gone ...............I'm just looking for some good NEW days of nascar.

Haven't quite stumbled on to that yet........if you see any, how about let somebody know.

I KNEW IT!! You DO have a 17 year old "forever the man, forever the fan" t-shirt!! I just had that feeling and I was right! Hehehehe!!

The upside is the more you stalk me here the less time you have to bother Sterling!

In regards to Mark & Terry, and I'll throw Bobby in with those guys too, those guys accomplishments stand on their own merits. They've got all the money they'll need and with any luck all the money their grandkids will ever need and they're still walking around breathing so as to enjoy it. And, they have the peace of mind knowing they didn't have to cheap shot people to get it done and showed class and dignity while doing it. And I'll lay decent odds that they'll all be in the NASCAR Hall of Fame one day.

My wisdom (or lack thereof) and how I'd run NASCAR isn't at issue here, only to you, for whatever strange and twisted reason.

Do you have anything of the slightest pertinent substance to contribute here or is following me around and posting weird your only ambition?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Like nobody remembers Cale......Bobby....Donny.....freddy(lorenzen)..... David......buddy.......Alan....Richard......Davey. ..and all of them 20 years after they hung it up or are no longer with us????

Nobody has forgotten about them, the rest of us have great memories of them and aren't all infected and blinded with ironheaditus!!!!

Dale was great for the sport, and without question will go down as one of the best ever.....and his son has turned out to be a pretty good racer and a fantastic ambassador for the sport( or what's left of it) as well.

The good ole days are gone ...............I'm just looking for some good NEW days of nascar.

Haven't quite stumbled on to that yet........if you see any, how about let somebody know.
    Thanks BBQB, once again you sum it up VERY well, indeed. Guys like Buddy & Buck Baker, Ned Jarrett, Tim Flock, Curtis Turner and the rest of the guys you mentioned are all still revered 30, 40 and 50 years after they retired and/or passed away. Terry & Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin will not be exceptions and as I mentioned in the other post, they have a clear conscience along with class and dignity beyond reproach.

I also appreciate the coining of the word "ironheaditus"!! LOL!! It fits very well in this case!! May I have permission to embellish that NASCAR colloquialism in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Thanks BBQB, once again you sum it up VERY well, indeed. Guys like Buddy & Buck Baker, Ned Jarrett, Tim Flock, Curtis Turner and the rest of the guys you mentioned are all still revered 30, 40 and 50 years after they retired and/or passed away. Terry & Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin will not be exceptions and as I mentioned in the other post, they have a clear conscience along with class and dignity beyond reproach.

I also appreciate the coining of the word "ironheaditus"!! LOL!! It fits very well in this case!! May I have permission to embellish that NASCAR colloquialism in the future?
    Them is some awful fancy words your throwing around there cirf...............but by all means, smoke em if you got em!!!

There is a cure for ironheaditus, but I would be accused of being tasteless and cruel if I shared the known remedy........so , I won't even go there.

Them is some awful fancy words your throwing around there cirf...............but by all means, smoke em if you got em!!!

There is a cure for ironheaditus, but I would be accused of being tasteless and cruel if I shared the known remedy........so , I won't even go there.
    Hahahahaha!! I just figured I'd try and keep the resident stalker going to back and forth to google to get the definitions.

Not sure, but I think I may have an inkling what your remedy for "ironheaditus" is. I may have seen it used in one form or another with the accusations you mention to follow. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Well, well, well. The stalker-weirdo comes out of the shadows again.

An image of some stinky guy with 4 teeth wearing a dirty 17 year old "forever the man, forever the fan" T-shirt pecking away on a computer keyboard with jaw clenched in a defiant scowl comes to mind every time one of these stalking posts shows up. Phoned any death threats to Sterling Marlin lately? Hehehehehe!!

You're mistaken about the shirt I still have, it says 7 time cup champion , what does your Martin shirt say? is it peace on earth and good will towards man, was his number 6 or was it 7 , or was that the number of times he couldn't handle the pressure and finished 2'nd to the 3 goodby.

Nascar looking for 1 billllion dollars over 10 years from it's next title sponsor. A little over priced if you ask me.

Although I don't agree totally, you bring up some good points and the post is well written..........as for being a whiner , I think the term wishful is more suited.

As in wishful that nascar could do some soul searching and cater to the fans instead of the corporate greed monster.
    You sir have hit the nail squarly on the head. NASCAR went south when they decided to please the corporate side of the sport. Just about like everything else when big money gets involved they lose site of the real fans and cater to the fly by night fans. The ones that jump on the bandwagon because it's the going thing to do.

I think one thing that needs to be done is to get the areo sensitivity out of the cars. The cars are to areo dependent in my opinion. One other thing that might get people interested again could be going to a local dirt track style format. Heat races, B-Main and then a shorter A-Main, like maybe 100 laps. Not saying it will work but, it's at least worth a try. Lower the prices of the tickets, concession and the hotels in the area. 5.00 bottle of water is rediculous let alone all the other over priced items.

This group qualifying hasn't enticed me any to watch it, personally I'd rather watch one car out there giving it's all for a couple laps. As far as why they done it....doesn't make sense to me either. Dirt is understandable, cuz it gets the show done faster.

If I want to go watch wrecking/qualifying. I'll go down and watch a demo derby. The heats are considered qualifying for a feature, no its not oval racing, here lately it's been under the concept with a handful of cars being able to complete the whole deal and move on.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-04-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post

If you don't like NASCAR do yourself a favor and quit watching it.
    That my friends is the problem. That's the attitude NASCAR took and look where they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    If I want to go watch wrecking/qualifying. I'll go down and watch a demo derby.
    1000 times this.

No, like barbecueboy said NASCAR started to cater to corporate America and forgot about their core fans. Plus when they made the cars so areo sensitive the racing started to suffer. It was who had the better engineering staff so, that's the reason for the decline. Then they started trying different things to try and bring back some excitement to the sport and it has not worked out. For me I was never one to watch qualifying no matter if it's nascar or my local dirt track so, I really don't care how they do it but, for me it's better then the single car format. Now you want to talk about boring that's it for me.