Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Saw where local Georgia dirt track driver Wendell Chavous made the truck race today.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Roll your eyes all you want to mr. NASCAR apologist. Rolling your eyes doesn't help this BS to make any more sense!

This Atlanta debacle is just one more in a long line!

One car, 2 lap qualifying worked very, very well for 60 some years. I heard of no one making any plea's for a different qualifying process. NO ONE!! Then NASCAR, in their infinite wisdom, decides to try to qualify like Formula 1. They just added this qualifying crap to all the other gimmicks trying to somehow gin up attendance and TV ratings. Well NASCAR, the other gimmicks ain't workin' and neither is this one!!

How much money did this stupidity cost teams at Daytona? And what does it add to the racing? I have never heard from anyone what prompted NASCAR to adapt this qualifying procedure. It seems they just wanna' be like F1. Well NASCAR, this ain't Europe or South America and it dam sure ain't F1! We've already seen what that policy did for Indy Cars.

If they want to make qualifying more exciting then use the 4 lap average similar to the Indy 500 qualifying (before Indy Car screwed that up, as well) like was suggested by some drivers at Daytona.

NASCAR appears determined to continue to be absolutely clueless!!

Step into the new world...the rules have changed, they don't do it like that anymore...for cryin in the beer pale, I'm the old guy here.... the teams screwed themselves..period... NASCAR give them a format and rules to run by, if they don't like it don't run NASCAR....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Maybe slower will work............

Heeeyyyy mudddddddddd, waaaasssssss referrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnngggggg to the bbbbbbiiiiiiiiggggggggg picture problem with naaaaaasssssscccccaaaaarrrrrrr!

Not some one race rule infractions incident at Atlanta.

Remove head from rectum please!
    So Mr. Brilliant Guy...point out to me where NASCAR mess up this weekend under their present rules. You can't cause they didn't.... And as for the person talking about a time extension, they got one 15 minutes if I recall.

Nascar didn't blow this the teams trying to get something out of spec through tech that's who blew this. I may not agree with all there rules but this is how it's done. As far as qualifying I think they need to shorten even more this back out of the pits and sit on pit lane till the last minute is stupid. Time would be just enough to back up and make 2 laps no more sitting and waiting. I'd rather see qualifying Sunday morning and race the same day. They claim there the best of the best then why do they need 2 days of practice to get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    So Mr. Brilliant Guy...point out to me where NASCAR mess up this weekend under their present rules. You can't cause they didn't.... And as for the person talking about a time extension, they got one 15 minutes if I recall.
    Are you drunk bud????

CLEARLY........AND I THOUGHT CRYSTAL , was my statement about the bigger picture problem with nascar.

Not some one time qualifying incident in Atlanta that you keep trying to bring up.

Nascar is in ( and I'll go slowly again) ...........TTTTTRRRROUBLE.

it's like a 3rd world country dictatorship the way they govern .........prices are too high.....quality of racing too low.......and the cast of characters doing it( short of a few racers ) are nothing more than 200 mph finger puppets.

So you keep on being the apologist , keep thinking all is great in boogity, boogity, boogity land.......in 10 years , after all the seats are ripped out of failing tracks and recycled into clothes hangars, get back to me.

Until then , I'll keep being Mr brilliant and you can keep being the emperor that isn't wearing any clothes.......unfamiliar???? It's a good read......check it out!

It's a short story about reality.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 02-28-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by lovinlatemodels View Post
    Nascar didn't blow this the teams trying to get something out of spec through tech that's who blew this. I may not agree with all there rules but this is how it's done. As far as qualifying I think they need to shorten even more this back out of the pits and sit on pit lane till the last minute is stupid. Time would be just enough to back up and make 2 laps no more sitting and waiting. I'd rather see qualifying Sunday morning and race the same day. They claim there the best of the best then why do they need 2 days of practice to get it together.
    Like your idea of Sunday am qualifying a lot...........but in my opinion,they aren't the best of the best anymore, they are just the best of the rest.

With very few exceptions, there are Far better drivers in other racing disciplines these days than nascar.........and most of them don't look like or act like a ken doll.

Smile

Like your idea of Sunday am qualifying a lot...........but in my opinion,they aren't the best of the best anymore, they are just the best of the rest.

With very few exceptions, there are Far better drivers in other racing disciplines these days than nascar.........and most of them don't look like or act like a ken doll.
    Im with you on the qualifying on sunday deal but i doubt that it will ever happen because if that were to happen it might give some of the underfunded teams a fair advantage lol and boy oh boy we cant have any of that in nascar...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Im with you on the qualifying on sunday deal but i doubt that it will ever happen because if that were to happen it might give some of the underfunded teams a fair advantage lol and boy oh boy we cant have any of that in nascar...
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Would be terrible for nascar sponsorship agreements if the "joes garage chevy" outran the " tampax Toyota" in the crown royal 500.

But your right..........a pipe dream on the Sunday qualifying.

Are you drunk bud????

CLEARLY........AND I THOUGHT CRYSTAL , was my statement about the bigger picture problem with nascar.

Not some one time qualifying incident in Atlanta that you keep trying to bring up.

Nascar is in ( and I'll go slowly again) ...........TTTTTRRRROUBLE.

it's like a 3rd world country dictatorship the way they govern .........prices are too high.....quality of racing too low.......and the cast of characters doing it( short of a few racers ) are nothing more than 200 mph finger puppets.

So you keep on being the apologist , keep thinking all is great in boogity, boogity, boogity land.......in 10 years , after all the seats are ripped out of failing tracks and recycled into clothes hangars, get back to me.

Until then , I'll keep being Mr brilliant and you can keep being the emperor that isn't wearing any clothes.......unfamiliar???? It's a good read......check it out!

It's a short story about reality.
    I like the format on the non restrictor plate track...your probably an older fuddy duddy then CIRF....get over it...NASCAR changed... your saying it sucks means about as much as me saying I like it....we disagree.... and in ten years I may be dead, so why would I care? For the present, I and a couple million others like it...NASCAR will survive and ole coots like you will wither on the vine....

Nascar will be dead when it has lower viewership ratings than soccer.

Oh wait that already happened...LOL

I like the format on the non restrictor plate track...your probably an older fuddy duddy then CIRF....get over it...NASCAR changed... your saying it sucks means about as much as me saying I like it....we disagree.... and in ten years I may be dead, so why would I care? For the present, I and a couple million others like it...NASCAR will survive and ole coots like you will wither on the vine....
    NASCAR is losing their a$$. If it wasn't for the stupid amount the networks are spending on these Sherwin Williams marathons, they'd be hurting even more. Ratings, attendance, but then again, we need Clayton with his rose colored glasses picture.

What ever you say emperor...........nice suit by the way.

Hope your not dead in 10 years, because when NASCAR as we currently know it IS, I will be reminding you of your short sided observations in this very thread.

In the meantime.............enjoy the scripted event productions, I hear they have PLENTY of open seats at the venues to choose from.

Exactly how old am I?

Me, BBQB, CnBF among others saying NASCAR sucks doesn't mean much in the whole scheme of things but the millions that no longer attend or watch NASCAR due to the stupid gimmicks and idiotic rules means something to NASCAR. Wouldn't you say?! It sure as he!! means enough that they're tearing out grandstand seats by the 10's of thousands so it doesn't look like the place is 1/3 full and well over 1/2 of the races are now shown on cable sports channels as opposed to regular network TV.

I've asked this question 4 or 5 times in another thread and have yet to get an answer but I'll try it once again. You NASCAR apologists please explain exactly what the benefit of F1 style qualifying is to the fan in the stands or watching on TV or the teams in the garage area? There was no great groundswell of support from fans or competitors alike for doing away with a long effective system of qualifying and replacing it with some silly qualifying process that does nothing but tear up equipment needlessly.

It was like NASCAR hierarchy had a meeting and said "let's change qualifying so it's just like Formula 1 since Formula 1 is incredibly popular here in the United States and we wanna' be like them". Sure makes ya' wanna' shake your head and chuckle!
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-01-2015 at 10:22 AM.

What nascar needs to do is look back when the stands were full and their popularity was high and revert back to that type of racing back when the southern 500 was on labor day and yes it was on Monday, when they raced Wilkesboro, Rockingham

When men drove race cars and mechanics turned wrenches on the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Exactly how old am I?Me, BBQB, CnBF among others saying NASCAR sucks doesn't mean much in the whole scheme of things but the millions that no longer attend or watch NASCAR due to the stupid gimmicks and idiotic rules means something to NASCAR. Wouldn't you say?! It sure as he!! means enough that they're tearing out grandstand seats by the 10's of thousands so it doesn't look like the place is 1/3 full and well over 1/2 of the races are now shown on cable sports channels as opposed to regular network TV.I've asked this question 4 or 5 times in another thread and have yet to get an answer but I'll try it once again. You NASCAR apologists please explain exactly what the benefit of F1 style qualifying is to the fan in the stands or watching on TV or the teams in the garage area? There was no great groundswell of support from fans or competitors alike for doing away with a long effective system of qualifying and replacing it with some silly qualifying process that does nothing but tear up equipment needlessly.It was like NASCAR hierarchy had a meeting and said "let's change qualifying so it's just like Formula 1 since Formula 1 is incredibly popular here in the United States and we wanna' be like them". Sure makes ya' wanna' shake your head and chuckle!
    The race to the chase was taken from the NHRA.No one wanted the points to change either.The head of the NASCAR train wreck is mostly to blame.IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    NASCAR is losing their a$$. If it wasn't for the stupid amount the networks are spending on these Sherwin Williams marathons, they'd be hurting even more. Ratings, attendance, but then again, we need Clayton with his rose colored glasses picture.
    Too the rescue!!!

Just for ole Mud and his personal boner against HMS!!!!

Clayton my friend, you've come through in a pinch again!! Without those magic glasses of yours poor ol' mud would have to see NASCAR for the dull, irrelevant waste of time it really is.

if the weather would have been nicer today , they may have had 100 more fans in Atlanta........then it might have made it to half full capacity.

But , good news is........the broadcast made great background noise on a rainy day playing race cars with my grand children.

Nascar<background noise............yep! bout sums it up.

SO, I'm assuming that none of you watch NASCAR, why do you care? And so you remember, I like the new format, except on the restrictor tracks....

SO, I'm assuming that none of you watch NASCAR, why do you care? And so you remember, I like the new format, except on the restrictor tracks....

I watch it and im not a fan of this new chase formatt regardless of how exciting you may seem to think it is!! You obviously have blinders on if you think it is better racing for the fans.... bbq made the perfect point of it being background noise because i fell asleep and had to ask my wife who won the race today because it made me sleepy watching it!! last point in the race today that i seen there were about 12 cars on the lead lap pityful to say the least but hey if thats what you like then thats on you but i dont like it.... Nascar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) themselves in the foot today with another boring ass old race!! JMO....