Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had some friends who lost their entire race shop/cars/parts in a fire. They told me that if it was a car, the home owner's insurance did not cover it(spare car parts were not covered either). All tools were covered.

I also have some friends who run a multi-car asphalt LM team and they have specialized insurance for the cars, shop, hauler. They told me they are covered as long as the incident doesn't happen on the track. From what I understand, they are also covered if an incident happens in the pit area.
    Last edited by shrttrackr; 03-24-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Semantics race21j. If it ever got in court, I believe you would lose. However, since it's life insurance, you wouldn't be there anyway!
    I agree this would likely be the case. Unless they(your beneficiary's) can somehow prove the racing had no affect on his death. Like the guy with the heart attack, would he of had a heart attack if he wasnt racing? At some point its likely he would but the increased heart rate probably brought it on sooner.

Carshield meets all of my requirements for now, I never thought about switching to another insurance company or even insurance plan. If I ever had any issue with this company, using carshield customer service number was enough to get my problem solved.

Photo log everything and keep receipts on as much as you can. I had building contents covered under a seperate policy. If the garage burned I would get 250k. It housed cars, trailer and more dam equipment I realized I had. If we where on the road and the trailer was broken into my auto policy covered it. My buddy has a company that puts a rfd code on anything and everything up to a pencil if desired. The small items cannot be tracked, but any larger equipment can be. They found his f-350 power stroke diesel within 6 hrs after it was stolen. The only thing left was the frame and cab. They used a plasma cutter and stripped it clean. Pro's are good, dam good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb1390 View Post
    This guy is a drag racer and insurance agent specializing in race car policies for off track coverage.. from what I heard there were several people that had itemized list for everything in their trailer and it was all covered when they caught fire transporting to races.