Default harris 3 link shock package?

just got this car and the guy sold me a set of shocks that he told me he ran he marked them as so LF 7" 90/10? RF 7" 5/3 LR 9" 7/3 and a RR 9" 4/4. the big red flag to me is a 90/10 on the LF has anyone heard of this? And can you tell me what the best package would be for 1/3 mile mild bank always dry slick for a harris 3 link with a 600-1200 progressive pull bar, spring rates LF 600 RF 650 LR 200 RR 200 Thanks
    Miller

I'd drive it first before you change things. He was obviously wanting it to get on the RF quickly, so I'll guess he was smooth and backed up the corner entry. It worked for him. If you bury it in the corner it wont be what you want. All depend on how you drive it.

I just sold my car (3link Bmod) with a new set of Harris shocks. LF was a 5/3. Rf was a 3/8 for tack or a 3/5 for more slick. Rears were LR 8/2 and rr 4/4Won last race in oct of 2014 Ran solid pullbar with no shock. 600 rf spring in the tack. 550 to 500 if track/weather was dry. I think the 90/10 on yours was a spare pullbar shock they threw on. That's what we ran for pullbar shock.

Dirtmod13 don't you have your rf selections backwards? 3/5 for tacky and 3/8 for slick? As to tie the rf down when it's slick. Or what's your reasoning for less rebound when it slicked?

Clamped Up 3 Links do work a little different especially on a solid top link where you won't get axle wrap to aid in indexing. He might need the transfer to help him in the slick where as in the tack he might need the weight to stay on the steer tires to help him turn more. Could make sense depending on the rest of the package. If it works for him does it really matter instead of cutting him down. Thats how you run shocks on non hiked up chassis when you need drive off, and considering he has no indexing birdcages..or axle wrap

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Clamped Up 3 Links do work a little different especially on a solid top link where you won't get axle wrap to aid in indexing. He might need the transfer to help him in the slick where as in the tack he might need the weight to stay on the steer tires to help him turn more. Could make sense depending on the rest of the package. If it works for him does it really matter instead of cutting him down. Thats how you run shocks on non hiked up chassis when you need drive off, and considering he has no indexing birdcages..or axle wrap
    Correct. We needed as much rear traction as we could get. These are just the numbers recommended by Harris for this car. Was super fast in the tacky. Not as good in the slick. But softening rf really helped