Default Longer lower ball joints

Bought a car from a top mid west driver and got some spare parts with it. There were 1/2" longer lower ball joints included and was wondering if anyone new what the we're using them for. Not sure if they were for the left or right side and what the advantage would be.
    Any ideas out there?
    In was a blue/grey rocket

If I'm not mistaken it moves your moment center closer to the side you are using the taller ball joint by adding angle to your upper control arm. Also it increases your camber gain.

He probly was raising the ride height on the rf to keep the frame from bottoming out. I would check the rf spindle to see if it is the new drop spindle rather than the taller bj's. By using the taller ball joint on the rf, he was moving the roll center to the right, ie stiffening the suspension of that corner.

Sorry re-read and over looked where you have "lower" ball joint!

Longer ball joint actually lowers that corner of the car provided that you maintain the builder recommended ride heights measured at the lower control arm .

Rocket says to run the 1/2 longer on a orange car , never heard of it on a blue

Why are they putting them on the orange cars and which side are they putting them on

To make them the same height as the grey spindles

The guys I know were using the drop spindles on older Rockets that didn't have the raised frame rail.

a dropped spindle will raise that corner of the car with out changing the ride height , if like huck said, you measure ride height from lower control arm to bottom of frame. I did this on a older chassis to get more frame clearance when running a soft rt frt setup. I never really liked it, I think the newer designed frames are better.