Default changing heads from ovel to d port

hello every one i ran a ovel port head for many years long story short im switching to a d port head they are both stock heads and valves the old head has solid camshaft and all the flowers and springs and lash caps and cam is good the new head witch was raced before has valves and the adjusters no springs i would like to take my parts out of my old head including the valves and transfer them to the d port can i lap the valves in im on a real tight budget and i want to race this year i unnderstad geometry is critical so just need some advice thanks

You are right when you say geometry is important along with valve length. If you are new to this you might want to talk to someone in your area that knows what he is doing as far as setting up the head. Some other racers in your area must use a machine shop that you could go to for help. You are going to have to spend a little money but you will be much further ahead of the game as opposed to trying to do it yourself. You mentioned using some of the parts from your old head, you should consider new valve springs. They don't last forever and I don't think it would be a good idea to start off with a sacked out set of springs. You didn't mention what intake you are going to run either. So ask around with the other racers to find someone that will help you.

and make sure the springs you use are correct for the cam you are using
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Check out the set up plates and dial indicator bracket at www.powerbyace.com It has the correct valve angle built in for checking TVL with great repeatability and accuracy.