Thread: Bell Helmets

Default Bell Helmets

Hi I'm in need of a new helmet and looking at the Bell Dominator 2 or the GTX.2 just seeing if anyone one uses one of these and some thoughts on them. I wish I was close to a store for I can try each on but im not just looking for some info thanks. And not really sure if i posted this in the right forum if I didn't sorry.

I went from a simpson to a bell gtx2 and wish I would have done it sooner.

I use GTX love it!

used a simpson for years then tried a bell gtx for the last 5 years and loved it, bought a new bell gp-2 carbon for this year

Priced right, comfortable, and better shield seal when closed to keep dust out. I switched from Simpson sharks in 2009 after comparing the 2 at PRI show. Last shark I had I was forced to make my own shield seals because they had very big gaps when closed. Been with Bell every since.

Bell is the best helmet hands down. With the shark style helmets from simpson the peak in the shield also blocked alot of my view to the gauges. I never really noticed it until I used my bell and realized I didn't have to actually look down to see my gauges or lights and could still see the entire track.

The gtx's are great helmets. Love mine

How much does a GTX weigh?

I've used Bell helmets for the past 20yrs and have used a Bell helmet that looks identicial to that Dominator 2 for the past several seasons. It has held up very well and I have no complaints. The seal for the shield is starting to leak a little, but I've used it for probably 5 seasons now. It is one of the lighter weight helmets. And with the aero tricks, your neck muscles don't get as tired trying to hold your head up.

Thanks guys I always had a bell but a lower end one. I went ahead and ordered the GTX now just gotta wait for it to come in and go racing. Thanks again for the input.

Are any of these fresh air capatable?

I know the gp-2 is and the br-1 is my gtx wasn't don't believe the dominator is either.

I had the same problem with my Simpson Diamondback that had a rubber seal around the visor. I went back to Bell after that helmet. I compared a new Diamondback to my old one and Simpson improved the shield hardware and went to a foam seal. So don't completely right off Simpson helmets. But I do still prefer Bell.