Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nascar is brilliant

Those guys are marketing geniuses...............in light of them not selling any seats these days, they have decided to cram all of the fans into one very small section of the track grandstands so that the tv cameras can catch some glimpses of people watching and they are selling flyboard space on all of the empty grandstand sections.

What is a flyboard???????

It's similar to a billboard for an automobile and advertises a business or a service but can be seen as the passengers look out the window when they fly over in an airplane.

And the great news is, there are LOTS AND LOTS OF OPEN SEATS FOR THEM TO HANG THE ADVERTISMENT BANNERS FROM.

HATS OFF, THOSE GUYS ARE RE INVENTING STUFF ALL THE TIME NOW.........

WHO KNEW A LARGE GROUP OF FORMERLY FILLED SEATS COULD BE RE PURPOSED INTO A GIANT NEW BILLBOARD CONCEPT?

Brilliant I tell you, just brilliant.......
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 03-09-2015 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Misspelling
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

And in another great marketing move, they have also figured out a way to re purpose some of those same empty seat sections into some very exciting reef projects along the east coast.

Will make for some great fishing one day at those reefs.......I for one will be excited to fish some of them.

And in another cottage industry news flash, the problems nascar is having has resulted in many new "apologists" clubs that can now be marketed to..........

They are popping up everywhere.............meetings can normally be attended at about any shopping mall, grocery store or hair dressers break room.

Kool aid sales are through the roof near these locations.

Seems like the only people that get excited about nascar anymore are the 3 stooges in the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I still like NASCAR so, I guess it's the 3 stooges + 1
    It's all good kid...........nothing to be ashamed of!!

I remember a time when I did too!!.............they cant take away or re invent the memories.

Whoa...........I guess you were ashamed of it?????

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Seems like the only people that get excited about nascar anymore are the 3 stooges in the booth.
    I actually have watched mist of the race today. I like how they blowing about the large crowd.

As I slept through most of the race today I was thinking why has Gordon decided now to retire and it came to me the racing has got so boring even he can't take it any more.

If you have ever really paid attention to Nascar over the years the races themselves have never been that great but, if you watch it for more then the race itself then it's more interesting. Just like today. Logano starts out like he's going to have a good day but, ends up something like 10th, Jimmy takes off like he is going to have a good day then ends up hitting the wall after he blows a tire then he out. Gordon comes from the back to 10th ends up getting into Burton and that's the end of his day, Harvick has a good car and the last few laps developes a problem but hangs on for the win, Martin has a good run for a single car team same for Allmendinger so,for me it's not just the race itself that I watch.

If you have ever really paid attention to Nascar over the years the races themselves have never been that great but, if you watch it for more then the race itself then it's more interesting. Just like today. Logano starts out like he's going to have a good day but, ends up something like 10th, Jimmy takes off like he is going to have a good day then ends up hitting the wall after he blows a tire then he out. Gordon comes from the back to 10th ends up getting into Burton and that's the end of his day, Harvick has a good car and the last few laps developes a problem but hangs on for the win, Martin has a good run for a single car team same for Allmendinger so,for me it's not just the race itself that I watch.
    True enough rock........I get what your saying.

I watch one indy car race a year for that very same reason!

Hell, if nascar was smart( insert oxymoron symbol here).....they would just run it like the reality show that it is.

Merge it in with the Myrtle manor folks.....tie it on with some diners drive ins and drives...thrown in with a little bit of racing in the background.

WOULD BE AN INSTANT HIT!!!!

If anyone from mavtv or fox wants to call me about it, I have some ideas...........

NASCAR ain't the only tracks hurting for fans. Next time you actually go to a dirt track, look around. If these modern day so called promoters don't watch it they will all be standing in the unemployment line. Prices too high for the entertainment and late nights on cold nights don't go over v ery well with faimilies. Oh, THATS RIGHT, families can't afford to go anymore.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Head Wrench25 View Post
    Next time you actually go to a dirt track.
    If you're talking to Brisket Girl, that'll never happen...He just has three thousand posts on a forum that he has no idea what it's actually about...
    Opinions may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Those guys are marketing geniuses...............in light of them not selling any seats these days, they have decided to cram all of the fans into one very small section of the track grandstands so that the tv cameras can catch some glimpses of people watching and they are selling flyboard space on all of the empty grandstand sections.

What is a flyboard???????

It's similar to a billboard for an automobile and advertises a business or a service but can be seen as the passengers look out the window when they fly over in an airplane.

And the great news is, there are LOTS AND LOTS OF OPEN SEATS FOR THEM TO HANG THE ADVERTISMENT BANNERS FROM.

HATS OFF, THOSE GUYS ARE RE INVENTING STUFF ALL THE TIME NOW.........

WHO NEW A LARGE GROUP OF FORMERLY FILLED SEATS COULD BE RE PURPOSED INTO A GIANT NEW BILLBOARD CONCEPT?

Brilliant I tell you, just brilliant.......

Hardly a "very small section" of the track seating....had you ever been there instead of making things up, you would have known that..... But I did see a very small section of the seating blocked off ....a little truth goes a long way....

I agree, the 1.5's just aren't all that good for really "good" racing... Also glad to see Trues and AJ bringing home the bacon...so to speak.... you can't do anything about the ole stick in the mud types that can't stand any change what so ever...if you don't change you'll become stagnant and disappear...so you have to try and continually come up with new ideas to get creative to draw in new people... but those stick in the mud types can't understand that.

NASCAR ain't the only tracks hurting for fans. Next time you actually go to a dirt track, look around. If these modern day so called promoters don't watch it they will all be standing in the unemployment line. Prices too high for the entertainment and late nights on cold nights don't go over v ery well with faimilies. Oh, THATS RIGHT, families can't afford to go anymore.

You want to talk in trouble, talk NHRA... aren't even pulling enough cars for full fields.... there are lots of things to do... where I live, I can go to the ocean, lake, dunes, zoo, Disneyland and snow skiing and that furthest I have to drive is 4 hours... there is lots to do and more family orientated things then racing...so the local guy have to make it family orientated...gotta have the fans out and on their way home by 9:30..you gotta keep the show rolling, one race pulling off the track at one end and the nest pulling on from the other.. place has to be at the very least clean and good grub won't hurt a bit....

Your also right about the economy, regardless of what this asshat administration tells us, way to many folks are out of work or having to work two jobs to stay afloat..I don't have a remedy for that...

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I agree, the 1.5's just aren't all that good for really "good" racing... Also glad to see Trues and AJ bringing home the bacon...so to speak.... you can't do anything about the ole stick in the mud types that can't stand any change what so ever...if you don't change you'll become stagnant and disappear...so you have to try and continually come up with new ideas to get creative to draw in new people... but those stick in the mud types can't understand that.
    I agree, the 1.5 Mike tracks usually don't produce very good racing but, some of your other tracks can and have produced some good races. You are correct sometimes you have to make changes. Sometimes those changes don't work out and sometimes they do.

You are so right, dirt tracks have been hurting as well. Could you imagine if dirt tracks put up those advertisement banners. 3/4 of the stands would be covered at some tracks. If a family can afford to go it's usually just one night and not 2 or 3 nights like in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Hardly a "very small section" of the track seating....had you ever been there instead of making things up, you would have known that..... But I did see a very small section of the seating blocked off ....a little truth goes a long way....
    I've been there twice........and had you known that you wouldn't have chimed in with some more from the apologist wing.

The facts are ......compared to what the place actually seats, there almost were just as many empty seats as there were full ones.
    ( but the good news is, they can fit a lot of banners and ads on the empty seats, and you guys can all officially hold the nascar apologist playground( or N.A.P.) meetings in all of the empty hospitality booths)
    Get the official attendance.....then look at the official capacity ......drink more kool aid, and get back to us.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 03-09-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Donnit View Post
    If you're talking to Brisket Girl, that'll never happen...He just has three thousand posts on a forum that he has no idea what it's actually about...
    I've cooked brisket ( amongst other things) at more tracks , for more touring teams than you've actually ever even been too stanley.........and no, you can't count the pinewood derby races that you go to to admire the young talent either.

I'm sure you have us ALL BEAT on that count......

Nevermind mud........I forgot that nascar has stopped announcing the attendance of there races.

WONDER WHY THEY DID THAT????