Default Lasalle Speedway schedule

What is going on with the schedule at Lasalle .IL speedway?they have only 2 days of racing in June??Really??They continue to switch back and forth with sunday racing.this is a very nice track and it seems that they have lost car count due to lack of consistant racing dates,canceling races,and going to sunday racing.I feel that the owners are loosing interest.

Tracks are caught between a rock and hard place because, it's just not that easy to make a go of it anymore. I know of a fan favorite track that I won't mention that said had it not been for a couple of their big races they would have been in the red. So for Lassalle to try and make a go of it on Sunday may not be as easy as it sounds. On paper it sounds like it would work but, most fans and race teams can't afford to race or go to the races 2 or 3 times a weekend. It's kind of like NASCAR were there just isn't the fan base they once was.

Quote Originally Posted by collin clougherty View Post
    What is going on with the schedule at Lasalle .IL speedway?they have only 2 days of racing in June??Really??They continue to switch back and forth with sunday racing.this is a very nice track and it seems that they have lost car count due to lack of consistant racing dates,canceling races,and going to sunday racing.I feel that the owners are loosing interest.
    You blind? I just check it again as I do every day for all the tracks I go to.The full schedule for LaSalle Speedway is posted and has been posted for more than a month.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 03-10-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by ImBackLol View Post
    You're right kid but I think La Salle stands a better chanace to run a weekly points show on Sundays. Then... have specials on Sat or even Fri nights or both.
    Well you would know better then I would since your from that area. I just know down here in central il I did not work out very well when a track ran on Sunday's.

they run limited events in June because of specials and graduations. They already stated why last year.

2014 races ran at LaSalle, date, car count, and if it was a special.
    29-Mar- 29 lates - Thaw Brawl
    12-Apr- 10 lates
    19-Apr- 15 lates
    26-Apr- 12 lates
    3-May- 14 lates
    17-May- 37 lates - Lucas Oil
    1-Jun - 17 lates
    8-Jun - 22 lates
    22-Jun- 10 lates
    3-Jul- 41 lates - Summer Nats
    2-Aug- 13 lates
    10-Aug- 16 lates
    13-Sep- 15 lates

June 1st, 8th, and 22nd and August 10th were all Sunday night races in 2013. Two of the dates there were great car counts for their weekly shows (non-specials) the other two were poor car counts. Its a rough area in the sense that on Saturday nights you have Peoria, Fairbury, and the occasional Sycamore that all run UMP (or UMP style) besides LaSalle. So sometimes it makes sense to do what you gotta do to get through the month whether that means racing Saturdays or Sundays.
    2012 events: 40 - 2013 events: 29 - 2014 events: 26 - 2015 events: 29
    2016 events: 37 nights: - 2017 Events- 43 - 2018 Events- 43 -2019 Events: 43 Nights

2020 Events: 31 total - Plymouth(WI): 8 - Shawano: 1 - Outagamie: 2 - Cedar Lake: 4 - Mississippi Thunder: 3 - Beaver Dam: 1 - Gravity Park: 2 - Lafayette County: 2 - SK Speedway: 1 - Wilmot: 2 - 300 Raceway: 1 - Fairbury: 2 - Davenport: 1 - LaSalle: 1

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

La Salle needs to just run Sunday's as their weekly points night. They do get a pretty good crowd, and I've seen plenty cars there as well on Sunday nights. It would be a win win situation for all I believe...