Question Metric Brackets on 9"

I am sure this has been covered before, but I didn't see it in the recent history of posts. I am wondering when you put the Metric bracket kit on a Ford 9", how tricky is this? Do you have to weld a little at a time so you don't warp any thing? How much is normal to charge for a speed shop to do this labor? Also, do you build any pinion angle in as you are putting them on, or is there only one place for them to go and everything lines up naturally? Thanks in advance.......................

I don't know a lot about this, but what little I do know.. completely assemble the hubs and rotors on the rearend (as they would be raced) then mate your caliper and bracket together and set them on the rotor. Then blow air into the caliper to clamp it to the rotor and that will set your bracket exactly where it should be. You can then mark where your bracket is to weld it on. I would assume it would be a good idea to weld in sections just to be careful not to warp a tube. Most brackets I see are welded on at just above 3 and 9 o'clock if you were looking at a hand clock. I believe it's just preference.
    Last edited by RodneyEdmundson; 03-14-2015 at 11:47 PM.