Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I agree they are just covering their ass, but it really doesn't matter, as in another year or two he WILL screw up again. For the LAST time....

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Maybe beating a dead horse was a wrong phrase to use. But you've mentioned the number of races 3 times today already. To me it seems you are hell bent on finding the number. No one knows that because it hasn't been said publicly or written in the rules.

As far as your hypothical regarding Busch. If NASCAR didn't grant him waiver. It would be fair to assume Busch could take legal action against NASCAR. Whether NASCAR would be innocent or guilty doesn't matter. They don't want that because Busch as ammunition to back him up.

As far as Vickers that's a good point. But if Vickers doesn't apply for waiver, how can NASCAR give him one.
    Okay, fair enough, NASCAR hasn't produced a specific number but we know it's more than 3.

I'm not a lawyer (I'd like to think I was taught more scruples and integrity than most any shyster lawyer) and what I know about civil rights is limited but can't NASCAR prevent anyone from racing within their sanction? I have not heard it said that a driver, any driver, has the legal right to participate in NASCAR sanctioned activities. Common sense would dictate that a NASCAR license can be revoked any time for any reason. Maybe I'm wrong.

I remember reading about Curtis Turner and Tim Flock being banned from NASCAR by Big Bill France back in the 1960's for trying to unionize the drivers and there wasn't a dam thing they could do about it. Don't know if that relates but just sayin'.

Here is an excerpt from an article on the lifetime ban of Curtis & Tim:

Turner and Flock sued NASCAR and its president Bill France "seeking $200,000 punitive damages each and restitution for loss of earnings." [6] "Attorneys for the drivers claimed the ban represented a violation of state right to work laws because test driving contracts involving $150 a day plus expenses were canceled as a result of the action. NASCAR and France's attorneys contended the ban isn't a right to work violation because it doesn't involve an employer-employee relationship. They said Flock and Turner are individual contractors and not employees of NASCAR or any track."

Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Birky15Bfan View Post
    Brian Vickers was also made chase eligible after missing the first 2 races for health issues.
    Thanks for clarifying that Birky.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    Cirf now u take a guy like Kyle Busch who had the accident and was injured, i feel if he can make it back and win one race he should be in the so called chase.but with all the new each weekend rules as they go who knows.but i also think Kurt Busch should have lawsuit for Nascar.and i am not a busch fan.
    buster, you bring up a good point and I thank you! Is Pee Wee Herman Jr. (aka Kyle Busch) gonna' get some kind of waiver so as he can be eligible to win the Sprint Cup Championship?

So what if it's 6, 8 races or more? Right? He should be able to win a championship 'cause DIS didn't have the soft walls where they should have had them and he'd ought to be able to sue ISC for screwin' up his legs and keeping him from driving his racecar.

Maybe we can all sue nascar for false advertising................
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Maybe we can all sue nascar for false advertising................
    Hahaha!! BBQB, if that was possible I think NASCAR would have been out of business a long time ago. Nice thought, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Birky15Bfan View Post
    Brian Vickers was also made chase eligible after missing the first 2 races for health issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hahaha!! BBQB, if that was possible I think NASCAR would have been out of business a long time ago. Nice thought, though!
    They are in the middle of a class action fan lawsuit and don't even know it...........

Paying the punitive damages one section of torn out or empty seats at a time.

Smile

Nascar will never get it though because we the fans are the ones who are ultimately paying for nascars mistakes... Look at how the racing has suffered over the last decade with the deaths of dale sr, Adam petty,Kenny irwin, Jon nemechek, and there have been more that have left black eyes on the sport and then nascar wants to go and make this chase format that in my opinion is nothing more than a circus side show with more drama than the jerry springer show... And now they have decided to once again give the sport another black eye by suspending one of the most controversial drivers in the sport over what I'm gonna call false allegations of domestic violence which leads us to the dilemma of qualifying for the chase and missing races... In my honest opinion I think nascar should get their check book out and write Kurt Busch a check to the tune of about $5 million and Patrica Driscoll should fork over about $25 million for trying to reap the rewards of filing false allegations!! Just my opinion...

buster, you bring up a good point and I thank you! Is Pee Wee Herman Jr. (aka Kyle Busch) gonna' get some kind of waiver so as he can be eligible to win the Sprint Cup Championship?

So what if it's 6, 8 races or more? Right? He should be able to win a championship 'cause DIS didn't have the soft walls where they should have had them and he'd ought to be able to sue ISC for screwin' up his legs and keeping him from driving his racecar.

But do you actually think nascar will let 6-10 races slide and give someone a waiver even if it should be warranted? Nascars surely gonna put a cap on how many races is enough... I agree that Kyle Busch should be chase eligible but I highly doubt that nascar will grant him a waiver... I also agree that DIS should pay him for his injuries do to him hitting where he did... I just like how DIS done an about face after his accident and Joey Chitwood stated that DIS would have all soft walls by the next race... Go figure... Should of already been done in my opinion.... Anyway hopefully we don't have to have anymore instances where a driver needs a waiver....

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Nascar will never get it though because we the fans are the ones who are ultimately paying for nascars mistakes... Look at how the racing has suffered over the last decade with the deaths of dale sr, Adam petty,Kenny irwin, Jon nemechek, and there have been more that have left black eyes on the sport and then nascar wants to go and make this chase format that in my opinion is nothing more than a circus side show with more drama than the jerry springer show... And now they have decided to once again give the sport another black eye by suspending one of the most controversial drivers in the sport over what I'm gonna call false allegations of domestic violence which leads us to the dilemma of qualifying for the chase and missing races... In my honest opinion I think nascar should get their check book out and write Kurt Busch a check to the tune of about $5 million and Patrica Driscoll should fork over about $25 million for trying to reap the rewards of filing false allegations!! Just my opinion...
    Nasty, if the same legal standard is in effect as at the time Curtis Turner & Tim Flock were banned from NASCAR then Busch has no legal standing to get anything from NASCAR, not even a "gee, we're sorry". What happened with Busch is the reason NASCAR has legally kept drivers and teams private contractors all through the history of the sanction.

One of the few things NASCAR has done, and still does, very, very well is protect themselves against hostile litigation. It's been tried many, many times with limited success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    But do you actually think nascar will let 6-10 races slide and give someone a waiver even if it should be warranted? Nascars surely gonna put a cap on how many races is enough... I agree that Kyle Busch should be chase eligible but I highly doubt that nascar will grant him a waiver... I also agree that DIS should pay him for his injuries do to him hitting where he did... I just like how DIS done an about face after his accident and Joey Chitwood stated that DIS would have all soft walls by the next race... Go figure... Should of already been done in my opinion.... Anyway hopefully we don't have to have anymore instances where a driver needs a waiver....
    I think when it comes to NASCAR anything is possible, even a guy missing 6 or 8 races for whatever reason being allowed an opportunity to win a championship.

My own opinion on the waiver deal is during the course of the season if a driver does not earn a place in the starting lineup of a points paying race or qualifies and doesn't start that race, that driver isn't eligible to win the season championship. JMO

A championship going to a driver who didn't compete in all the races isn't the least bit fair to the guys that qualified and ran all the races.

However, at least one championship was given to a driver who really didn't win it in the past so I guess no one should be surprised if it's done these days.

I think a few accounts here on 4m have been hacked.

Get over the fact that your man couldn't win a championship, that was 25 years ago amid speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by retired racer View Post
    Get over the fact that your man couldn't win a championship, that was 25 years ago amid speculation.
    Right, it happened so long ago, so let's just forget it happened...............that makes it alright!!

Just like your messiah getting killed at Daytona ............it happened so long ago, so we should just all forget it???

Preposterous!!!

Big difference dumba$$ if you can't see that I feel sorry for you.

I'm now wondering what the limit is as to how many races of the season a driver can miss and still be eligible for this silly "chase" BS? It's obviously more than 3 since baby stewy and busch already have tested that limit.

Is it 5? An even half dozen? 10? More? It's starting to appear that a driver can miss quite a bit of the season and still be able to win the championship. They seem to make up the rules as they go to suit whatever they believe is going to run less fans away. It's perplexing at the very least.

If a team can figure a way to miss 7 or 8 races and still be eligible to win the championship, win a couple of the races they actually run and still end up with a top 10 in the final standings what a great way to save money. Just run the high profile races like Daytona, Charlotte and Homestead and to he!! with the rest.

NASCAR has become a mere lame punch line of a very bad joke. Nothing left to laugh about. It's embarrassing to even admit to ever being a fan!
    They will decide the rules one week at a time!!!

Big difference dumba$$ if you can't see that I feel sorry for you.
    Both were instances were terrible and will never be forgotten...........especially by their fans.

Were the circumstances extremely different, yes.....by a mile.

Does anyone else agree?, it will be so nice when the weather breaks and the season gets into full swing and there will be more to talk about than Nascar "decisions" and if Kurt she's an assassin"Bush was wronged?

Default retired racer at Bristol 2000

Attached Images Attached Images

Don't forget about the 3 tooth tattoo.............and in all honesty, I have actually seen one on somebody.

Not kidding.

Wonder if that was retired racer??

my man won yours lost get over it you bunch of sore losers.

my man won yours lost get over it you bunch of sore losers.
    Your man is dead, with a questionable championship result..........

My guy is very much alive , had a very good career and knows the real deal of what happened and walks the earth with his head held high.

It's a terrible thing when a racer dies, but in the end, he is just a racer , a human a mere mortal, not the son of the Holy Ghost like you iron head zealots would have everyone believe.
    And as much as you would like for there to be a number 3 sainthood, it just isn't going to happen.

Sorry bud, facts are facts.............

Put the iron shrine away for a moment and check yourself , I'm not one to be preached to , especially when it comes to the cult like Earnhardt nascar religion that you worship.

And believe me.......I'm over it!!!!........and you!
    You are the only one that ever brings it up!
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 03-16-2015 at 01:07 PM.