Default DirtCar attempting to buy IMCA?

Heard a rumor that DirtCar was trying to buy IMCA from the Roots. Anyone else heard this?

talked to Brett and this RUMOR is entirely FALSE. IMCA is going nowhere and wants ZIP to do with UMP.

That's GREAT news!! We don't want ANYTHING to do with UMP up here. Thanks for the info.

Funniest post I've read in a while...thank you
    Just anotha guy on 4m who think's they know what they're talking about...

but, money talks bullsh!t walks

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    but, money talks bullsh!t walks
    true and the last time it was discussed UMP wanted to buy IMCA..lol only for IMCA to turn the table and offer to buy UMP, and thus the meeting went no further.

Quote Originally Posted by sirleafalot View Post
    true and the last time it was discussed UMP wanted to buy IMCA..lol only for IMCA to turn the table and offer to buy UMP, and thus the meeting went no further.
    If IMCA needed cash to buy UMP,all they would have to do is ask the Smith family.They own AFCO,and Speedway motors and others. The Smiths have backed IMCA for many years.JMO

Quote Originally Posted by race21j View Post
    If IMCA needed cash to buy UMP,all they would have to do is ask the Smith family.They own AFCO,and Speedway motors and others. The Smiths have backed IMCA for many years.JMO
    indeed ! IMCA has plenty of cash, I suspect UMP was a little stunned when IMCA turned them table on them and countered with an offer to buy UMP lol

Quote Originally Posted by sirleafalot View Post
    indeed ! IMCA has plenty of cash, I suspect UMP was a little stunned when IMCA turned them table on them and countered with an offer to buy UMP lol
    Would be better in my opinion if IMCA bought out UMP. Harder tires ,real techs,and enforceable engine rules.

UMP needs to just go away.............

I like the underdog... little ol' USRA/USMTS. Best purses for Mods, best racing on dirt and you don't have to run a foreign built crate motor. IMCA gets car count but fans don't go out of their way to watch them unless buds with or related to a driver.

There should be a front gate variable in all of this somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by hook View Post
    I like the underdog... little ol' USRA/USMTS. Best purses for Mods, best racing on dirt and you don't have to run a foreign built crate motor. IMCA gets car count but fans don't go out of their way to watch them unless buds with or related to a driver.

There should be a front gate variable in all of this somewhere...
    USRA has some things going would like to see them move east and do battle with ump so there would some options other than ump.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostpatrolmod View Post
    USRA has some things going would like to see them move east and do battle with ump so there would some options other than ump.
    It would also help if you actually had a modified!

Quote Originally Posted by hook View Post
    I like the underdog... little ol' USRA/USMTS. Best purses for Mods, best racing on dirt and you don't have to run a foreign built crate motor. IMCA gets car count but fans don't go out of their way to watch them unless buds with or related to a driver. There should be a front gate variable in all of this somewhere...
    usra better than ump for sure but they have let some front end stuff get out of hand on the touring deal.

team Jarvis: can you elaborate any on this. Not disputing, just curious since I race USRA. I do know that Todd at our 3-day show in Las Cruces ,NM was saying in our drivers meeting that some of the shocks that were being used were to be outlawed the week after our show. He named off a few shocks and something called "pass thru shocks" which I don't even know what he is talking about. We also had USMTS there so maybe he was referring to that sanction. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pig tracker View Post
    team Jarvis: can you elaborate any on this. Not disputing, just curious since I race USRA. I do know that Todd at our 3-day show in Las Cruces ,NM was saying in our drivers meeting that some of the shocks that were being used were to be outlawed the week after our show. He named off a few shocks and something called "pass thru shocks" which I don't even know what he is talking about. We also had USMTS there so maybe he was referring to that sanction. Thanks
    have not heard the shock deal but what I know is last year at some of the big usmts show there were some Rf control arms that were lets say extra long and a few racers took notice. i dont know how this was addressed in the end.

Y'all need to check out Renegades of Dirt on the East coast. They're quickly building into one of the top tier sanctioning bodies for modifieds... big purses, real teching, and more and more big name drivers traveling to hit up their events.

Quote Originally Posted by wv_dirt View Post
    Y'all need to check out Renegades of Dirt on the East coast. They're quickly building into one of the top tier sanctioning bodies for modifieds... big purses, real teching, and more and more big name drivers traveling to hit up their events.
    Are those like our emods or are those the Big block mods? If they're the big block type of car we want nothing to do with that. We'll run limited Late Models instead.

The Renegade series runs emod style cars.