Doug Stevens and his track prep staff are busy working on the racing surface at Senoia Raceway. After speaking with industry experts, Stevens went to work on the 3/8ths mile clay track by cutting it open to allow the layers farthest from the surface to dry better. The moisture trapped lower in the track is what seems to have caused the track to break up on opening night March 7th.

“I don’t want to run this track until I have it fixed,” said Doug Stevens, who is the key man in the track preparation. “These drivers put too much into their cars. I want the track to be right so they can race each other.”

The track will be ready for the Saturday, March 21st scheduled racing event. Eight divisions will see action this weekend headlined by the Super Late Models. The Limited Late Models, Crate Late Models, B Cadets, Hobby Stocks, Mini Stocks, Bomber and Legends Cars will also be competing.

The pit gates will open at 3pm, grandstands at 4pm and hot laps will begin at 5:30pm. Heat races, qualifying and features will start at approximately 7:00pm.

Grandstand ticket prices are $12; ages 5-12 are $5; four and under are admitted for free. Access to the pit area is available for $25; ages 5-12 are $12; four and under are free. Trackside parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. Trackside parking is only accessible through the pit area and pit passes must be purchased.

For additional information, schedules, rules and more, visit the Senoia Raceway website at www.senoiaraceway.com. The track also offers an e-mail newsletter (sign-up on the website), Facebook page and twitter feed for social media access to news and information. You can also contact the track directly at 770.599.6161.