Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Hagerstown opener Highlights/ Arthur&Hardy Last Lap tussle

I'm an Arthur fan, but looked like it was just a last lap go for the win deal by hardee.............

Sucked walker didn't win , but didn't really see the move by hardee as malicious.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Clearly Hardy screwed up with the lap car coming to the white flag and lost the lead. What he did in the final corner is called, "8 wheels corner better than 4", but its a chicken $hit way to race. Same way Richards ran over Roberts at Screven. When they are unable to win straight up, they use the car as a sledge hammer and then wanna call it a racing deal afterwards, BS. Hardy was quick, but he got impatient and lost the lead, but taking it back the way he did was inexcusable to me. It wasn't like Arthur had anything to do with him losing the lead either, Hardy just screwed up. It all comes back around and one day it'll be him who gets the shaft, but I'll doubt he'll accept the excuse it was a racing deal...
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

the biggest joke is hagerstown dq'd arthur for looping hardy around after the checkered.... guy brought 2 cars to run in 2 divisions over 200 miles away, and a track that struggles getting cars dq's him for showing a little frustration...smart

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEight View Post
    Clearly Hardy screwed up with the lap car coming to the white flag and lost the lead. What he did in the final corner is called, "8 wheels corner better than 4", but its a chicken $hit way to race. Same way Richards ran over Roberts at Screven. When they are unable to win straight up, they use the car as a sledge hammer and then wanna call it a racing deal afterwards, BS. Hardy was quick, but he got impatient and lost the lead, but taking it back the way he did was inexcusable to me. It wasn't like Arthur had anything to do with him losing the lead either, Hardy just screwed up. It all comes back around and one day it'll be him who gets the shaft, but I'll doubt he'll accept the excuse it was a racing deal...
    Richards did nothing wrong in his win at Screven.........just ask anyone of his fans.

I wasn't at the Arthur/ hardee incident this weekend so my assessment could be way off.....I was on top of it at Screven with the Richards / Roberts me lee and it was a chicken sht dive bomb move.

Either way, it sucks that Arthur didn't win that race...........

Anyone know what happened with Dan Stone there? He was all fired up on Twitter after the race

The track did what they should have done with the DQ. It doesn't matter who you are or how many cars you bring. They cannot allow drivers to use cars as a weapon. Anyone remember the ultimate reason the Challenger Raceway closed, when an official was run over by a car after the actions of a driver who retaliated with his car?

I'm a WA fan, and a Richards fan (and I like Kyle Hardy too, although he drives an MBH). In all incidents it is a racing deal, we see it time and time again at tracks all over the country. If you don't like it, they make an entire type of racing just for you (Sprint Cars).

I will say that crowd was not involved all night until that race, and then everyone was up on their feet yelling and what not. I'm still seeing people talking about it even today.

If Hardy had won that race cleanly would anyone be talking about the race today?

Unfortunately that is one of the things it takes to bring casual fans in -- excitement, rivalries, tempers. I know my local track in Maine used to get 12-14 Late Models every week but the drivers were well known and the rivalries were very heated. All through the early 2000's the track was packed every week to watch drivers like Dean Fuller, Pat Thibiteau, Matt Lee and Steve Nelson go door to door. Sometimes people would get put in the fence, they would come out on the track, throw their helmet, etc. The whole time the crowd was going crazy.

Sometimes it takes stuff like this, I'm not saying every track should be like Bowman Gray -- but I'm sure most tracks can use a little more excitement to bring a few more fans in.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Richards did nothing wrong in his win at Screven.........just ask anyone of his fans.

I wasn't at the Arthur/ hardee incident this weekend so my assessment could be way off.....I was on top of it at Screven with the Richards / Roberts me lee and it was a chicken sht dive bomb move.

Either way, it sucks that Arthur didn't win that race...........
    Josh Richards was racing, I don't know about you but I prefer when my favorite driver goes after the win. Not settling for second (for any reason). I was cheering for WA on Sunday at Hagerstown, but I certainly won't condemn Kyle Hardy for wanting to win the race. I don't have any problem with the WA retaliation either. Its better than playing bumper cars at the scales with a ton of people standing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Peopleschamp15 View Post
    Anyone know what happened with Dan Stone there? He was all fired up on Twitter after the race
    he got jumped or had a bad restart...then you had cars slowing/breaking...obvious track "officials" wanted to get a lap in so they allowed the entire field race around slowing cars so they could count a lap... which in my eyes is a hell of a lot more dangerous than someone lopping someone around after the checkered flagcaution should've been thrown and stone wouldve been restarting back on the front row, instead he restarted 8th-10th

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Josh Richards was racing, I don't know about you but I prefer when my favorite driver goes after the win. Not settling for second (for any reason). I was cheering for WA on Sunday at Hagerstown, but I certainly won't condemn Kyle Hardy for wanting to win the race. I don't have any problem with the WA retaliation either. Its better than playing bumper cars at the scales with a ton of people standing around.
    Jeff, admittedly you weren't at Screven on the night of the Richards dive bomb.......there weren't a ton of people around ANYWHERE at the track on Thursday....especially at the scale house.

You can embellish how ever you would like, but before making the assessment, you should really have some better facts.

That being said , both incidents were a little different.........this weekends there was a lapped car that added to that mix and caused hardee to have to scramble and make a move on a slick track( his words)

In the Screven incident, it was just a plain desperate move by a rusty racer with no regard for anyone or there equipment after he was passed clean as a whistle.

We will just have to respectfully disagree.

Cool

If you don't like it, they make an entire type of racing just for you (Sprint Cars).

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I went to Lincoln on Sunday...

Thanks,
    Stan
    Opinions may vary...

Jeff, admittedly you weren't at Screven on the night of the Richards dive bomb.......there weren't a ton of people around ANYWHERE at the track on Thursday....especially at the scale house.

You can embellish how ever you would like, but before making the assessment, you should really have some better facts.

That being said , both incidents were a little different.........this weekends there was a lapped car that added to that mix and caused hardee to have to scramble and make a move on a slick track( his words)

In the Screven incident, it was just a plain desperate move by a rusty racer with no regard for anyone or there equipment after he was passed clean as a whistle.

He was pissed the lapper was going to cost him the race he lead the whole thing so he used the old 8 tires better than 4 trick. If Walker had entered lower he wouldnt of been able to get inside him and he would of had to put the bumper to him to get by. Always got to protect from that last corner slider or in this case door slammer.

There is no comparing this incident to the Richards one. Richards went flat out at Roberts from 3 car lengths back and smashed into his door with his right front. Hardy got all the way up beside Arthur and slid out - Arthur would have had time to move up or lift (I don't blame him for not doing it) but he didn't and they made some contact. Hardy's move was aggressive, and I probably wouldn't condone it, especially in the season opener. Richards' move, however, was ridiculous. Roberts did get his payback though and it seems like the drivers have moved on, so we probably don't need to keep rehashing it.

In other news though, it looks like that's how everyone was racing at Hagerstown. Those first couple laps looked like a high speed demo derby out there. All those clean, pretty new lettering jobs got ruined pretty quickly.

What does being there have to do with it? I have heard the same story and recollection of the events from several people, and on top of that there is a video on Dirt on Dirt of the on track incident.

I think if I had to compare the two incidents I would certainly consider the Hagerstown incident to be the worst. It was done last lap, last corner which allowed WA (who made a clean pass for the W) no opportunity to try to win the race afterward. In the Roberts situation at Screven he had a few laps to try to make the ground back up. The contact between Hardy and WA also certainly did more damage.

The retaliation was also of varying degrees of severity. Roberts cost Richards 35 points of a potentially very tight WoO points chase that pays $100,000. WA Spun Hardy after the race was over, doing very little addition damage and not costing Hardy money or points. If he wanted to "get even" like Roberts did he would have to speed down pit road and run into Hardy's car in tech, and then come back for a points race later in the season and take Hardy out again. Fortunately WA has a lot more common sense than Roberts does and made the decision to not put anyone else in danger and show his displeasure in turn 2 with walls separating both cars from any nearby people.

I've attached a screen shot showing how far back Hardy was right before the corner where he made the pass in question. The incidents are very (very) similar. In both cases it is just the nature of Late Model racing. Its how things are going to be and that is it. You are all downplaying this one and making a big deal out of the Richards incident just because you dislike Richards. That is fine, but don't act like someone is outright wrong because they have a different opinion. I just watched the same thing happen to the driver I was pulling for this weekend and when it happened I accept it. That is racing sometimes.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Donnit View Post
    I went to Lincoln on Sunday...

Thanks,
    Stan
    I hope you had fun,

I live a few minutes from Lincoln and drove an hour to go to Hagerstown.

I've never been much for Sprint Cars, it was the same when I lived in New England. Everyone is all about the Whelen (Asphalt) Modifieds, ISMA Super Modifieds and SK Mods and I was more interested in Super Late Models.

To each their own,
    Thanks,
    Jeff.

Question

I hope you had fun,

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I did...By the way, what order did they run the features...
    Opinions may vary...

I did...By the way, what order did they run the features...
    It wasn't bad actually, Pure Stocks, Limited Late Models, Super Late Models (I left) then it was Hobby Stocks and Rookie Cars (uCars?)

The Pure Stocks were alright, of course if they had on track betting I would put $100 on Corbin every time he was at the track. The Limited Late Models were pretty rough, but it was a decent race, a few of the real quick drivers had bad luck. The SLM race was (as you can read) very exciting to say the least. Car counts were a little rough though, I expect them to be even more so this week with Winchester opening.

The most notable absence though was Keith Jackson, I expected him to be there.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Arrow

Pure Stocks, Limited Late Models, Super Late Models.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Which is why I decided on Lincoln...At least, the 410 tracks understand that you run the premier division first and give the fans the opportunity to choose whether or not to stay for the support divisions...As always, it's just my opinion...

Thanks,
    Stan
    Opinions may vary...

Which is why I decided on Lincoln...At least, the 410 tracks understand that you run the premier division first and give the fans the opportunity to choose whether or not to stay for the support divisions...As always, it's just my opinion...

Thanks,
    Stan
    Yeah, I can understand that for sure. I don't necessarily think first is required, but second at the very least. For me it was no big deal because those were the three divisions I would have stayed for anyway. My wife would have preferred that they ran the LLM and SLM and then we leave.. But I also like Pure Stocks.

When I was growing up in Maine all the tracks ran Pro Stocks (Asphalt SLM) last after all the (sometimes six) divisions. They would drag the show out and make sure that even if you were not planning on buying food that you had to in order to not starve to death.

I think the tracks in Central PA do a good job of catering to the fans, and by the looks of the crowd there last week the fans appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jeff.