Thread: Ear buds

Default Ear buds

I've run two races in my career and I've been through 3 sets of ear buds. They either fall out of my ears as I'm pulling my Helmet on or quit working from the helmet pulling on the wires. Do y'all have a certain brand or model you recommend? By the way, the ones I went through were normal ear buds not made for racing.

Most drivers put a piece of duct tape over the bud after it is inserted in ear. I don't know if there is another trick to it.

I have been using Fuze for a few seasons, the best do it yourself custom molds I have used. They dont fall out, no duct tape, and you can hear the raceceiver in the car on the lowest volume.

http://earfuze.com/

i always use the ones from raceiver that plug into your ears like a normal ear plug. there a little higher but well worth it.

I just ordered a set of the Fuze Racing buds. Thanks everybody.

Are you guys using the fuze buds it comes with or another brand? How do they last?

Been using mine two years. On and off the track with no problems. I love it!

I use them just as they come and have had them for three seasons and they are holding up good.

I've used about every style out even had a custom set from racing electronic custom molded and pulled the wires out of all of them, best I've found for the price I got a kit like from speedway motors that you mix and mold your self, also I found a head sock helps you don't need duct tape then. also keep the raceceiver in your suit in front best you can ,you;lL eventually forget and throw off you're belts and rip the wires off if you mount the rc any where else. hope it helps.

I ordered the fuze set with the custom molds. Molded them today and I think I will be pretty satisfied with them. I may look into getting a head sock as well. Thanks for all the help guys.

I love these by Etymotic. They act as ear plugs also.

HF5
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ZFIPG2LKIDOYPX

The MC5's are cheaper but I'd still go with the HF5's.

Here are the MC5's:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ROXBREI3KQ5UAS
    Last edited by merc123; 03-24-2015 at 07:14 AM.

The headsock will help and anything that can keep you safer such as a fire retardant head sock is a good positive in my book!

I use a set from Wal-mart that has a plastic piece that fits around the outside of the ear to hold it tight in the ear. Works great, hear everything and don't come out when putting your helmet on.

I just use some ipod ones I bought at Walmart (approx. $15) and put tape on my ear to hold them in.