Default 2 barrell questions

new to the 2 barrell deal, wondering where to get a carb from and it must pass gauge test and have to run gas. also what intake works best with 2 barrell ? also for those that have run the 2 barrell deal before...do you run the same rearend gear or are you running more to try and get car off the corner ? thanks
    Be your own true friend

Use the Edelbrock 2925 intake.Main thing to be concerned with is the rpm.2 barrel engine need to keep the rpm down because the carburetor limits the rpm the engine will turn.I usually tell them to stay below 7300-7400.With the right combination,cam,rockers and compression the car will get off the corner.

Best bang with 2bbl motors is high compression (13.5-14 range), worked heads nothing over 215's, 2925 or the 2V, 2bbl cam, LW crank/rods and perfconn is correct 7200-7400 and nothing more as there's nothing to gain except putting your motor at risk. Get your peak numbers in the 5500-6500 range and you'll be up front!

2bbl cam? What does a 2bbl need for cam?

Much smaller than a 4bbl, and aggressive.

I would run as much rocker ratio as I could get on the intake. Be careful on the exhaust as it is possible to over scavenge the combustion chamber. As much compression as possible. RPM as stated above, unless going big bore short stroke with the correct parts. Will then pull another 500 RPM easy.

I believe that often times two barrel engines are not given enough cam and too small of a runner. A larger runner tha is done correct to keep velocity up will be a bear. I was running over .700 lift on my flat tappet two barrel and spinning it just under 8K. Guess what I am saying is that there is more than one way to do it.

On a side note: I just sold my 14 degree two barrel engine that was listed in the classified section. Getting out of racing. I have a real nice two barrel gauge legal carb that needs to go yet. Message me if interested.

ford396, plz check your PM's
    I have a question