Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: atomic updates

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Was there really anyone that didn't get hit sometime or another besides Davenport? I'm not taking up for Mason....I just didn't see it. I seen Francis and Carrier both hit people, those guys dont run over people for positions.
    I was watching dohm when it happened, so I got to see it. davenport showed more patience than anyone else tonight when in traffic, that was nice to see. congrats to superman.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

the track was a big factor tonight in the beatin and banging going on, it had some rough spots!!! but davenport had I'm covered. The parking lot had some FUN spots in it, lot a people probably still trying to get unstuck. Got to finally see some live racin, thanks ATOMIC speedway!!!!!

That was my first trip to Atomic. I really liked that place a lot. I thought their was a decent ammout of passing. But Davenport was in a different time zone. The racing from second back was good. A couple of the heats were really good. Especially the last won with Pearson Jr, Chamberlin.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    boys that wasn't a no passing race, that was Davenport dishing out an a$$ kicking even bloomer could appreciate. passing all throughout the field. I think Scooty B may have had something for richards if he didn't have engine problems

Typical Oneal and Ziegler running over poor old tim dohm though. not the first time I've seen Zig run someone over either
    Dohm looked like Jackie out there, all over the place. I know Mason apologized, but I wouldn't have. It was hard racing on a fast, rough track. Bloomer woulda been lucky to get a top 5. I don't know how you can be off for that long and still show up late. Because I was watching Mason and Don, I seen the contact with Dohm. Just fast racing on a fast rough track. And Dohm used his stuff up anyway.

Davenport was just on a rail. He knew how to run the high side just right. Why so many couldn't get it right or attempt it I don't know. I do like his comment, if we wanted it smooth every week, there's asphalt racing for that.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 03-21-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    I was watching dohm when it happened, so I got to see it. davenport showed more patience than anyone else tonight when in traffic, that was nice to see. congrats to superman.
    There wasn't anything wrong with the Dohm n Mason contact. They met coming outta the turn. Dohm drives like Jackie anyway, whole track is mine. And the track was rough, though I applaud them for getting it in. Mason was high, Dohm was low, Mason has a wall, Dohm has twenty feet. And that rut outta 4 I'm sure didn't help Tim.

The Don one, was after the Mason one, and Dohm was toast after the first one, so that was icing on the cake. But that stuff happens when you adapt to drive like his car builder.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 03-21-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Good run by Josh Richards, another great finish so far this season. Real happy to see a new face atop the Lucas series point standings too. Not a big Longhorn fan (some of their drivers are...) but glad to see Superman doing well this season.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I'm happy to see superman win the battle of the slide jobs......one was good, the other much better.

Sorry jeff, you knew that one was coming....lol

And even happier that " sponge bob head mark" had nothing to say..........that doesn't happen often.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I'm happy to see superman win the battle of the slide jobs......one was good, the other much better.

And even happier that " sponge bob head mark" had nothing to say..........that doesn't happen often enough.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

After watching the highlights, the racing was better than it looked on race monitor and tweets.

track looked rough... Was that due to the bad weather??? On to Brownstown I guess hope the weather stays nice..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

And even happier that " sponge bob head mark" had nothing to say..........that doesn't happen often enough.
    Josh put one mean slider on Davenport once on a restart, it didn't stick. Even if it did....superman was on another level last night

First time back to Atomic since the they held the Dirt Track World Championship and was KC Speedway when I got there and left it was now called Atomic that night lol , A lot of cars last night , A lot of sheet metal bent due to very fast track and very ruff feature racing surface , Very little passing "due to same " leader run away with it to make for not a good first race, for my first race of the 2015 season. With the weather tonight race may make up for it . See everyone at the races.

Looked like a Georgia azz kickin to me. Way to go Superman, Good Luck at Brownstown.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainracer View Post
    First time back to Atomic since the they held the Dirt Track World Championship and was KC Speedway when I got there and left it was now called Atomic that night lol , A lot of cars last night , A lot of sheet metal bent due to very fast track and very ruff feature racing surface , Very little passing "due to same " leader run away with it to make for not a good first race, for my first race of the 2015 season. With the weather tonight race may make up for it . See everyone at the races.
    There was passing, just no passing JD. And I'll take that over the last DTWC any day.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    track looked rough... Was that due to the bad weather??? On to Brownstown I guess hope the weather stays nice..
    Due to over a foot of snow less than month ago, as well as freezing temps. The fact they got the show in was a miracle.

To all the "rough track, contact hater "dirt fans. Did you enjoy Brownstown ???