Default Thank you Brad McCown and the Atomic Speedway

Wow, that was some Awesome Racing!! That's all you can say about it. Superman for sure made them look bad, he was on a rail. The track, considering it had 14-16 inches of snow on it 2 weeks ago, was pretty spectacular. The Atomic Speedway crew did an outstanding job. Like Davenport said in victory lane, if you want to run a smooth race track buy an asphalt car. Yea the track had some rough spots in it, which makes it hard not to beat and bang some, but it was super fast. Glad Greggie was ok after his flip. Thank you to the Atomic Speedway crew for giving us the chance to see a race this early in the season. The crowd turnout was great, I'm really glad the fans showed up for them. They've worked their butts off to get that track ready. Hopefully Atomic and Lucas Oil can make this a regular stop on their schedule. It has to be better for the drivers to have two shows to come up here for rather than just the Indiana Ice Breaker.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Awesome show davenport broke track record on lap 39 of the feature, had to be 5000 in the stands great job atomic.

Default Yes Sir

I agree, one heck of a show, Good job to all involved at Atomic. now that's fast and furious racing.. just plain out of order.. I bet the drivers liked it also.

It was well worth the price of admission!!!
    The people there are great,the track was bad fast!!!!!!!definitely do the four hour trip again and not to mention the food
    was awesome!!!!KEEP IT UP THANX

I know it's early in the year and they were concerned with getting the track ready, but there's a few things that could use work. Not the track itself, they are coming along good with the track.

The bleachers is number one. Some of them boards are no joke. And it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Heavy guy next to me, made that board flex a good four inches plus.

Gravel in the walk areas for spectators or pave it. Attracting and keeping fans is number one. I don't really care, but a casual fan or first timer might not be so enthused. I know part of it is.

And when telling people where to park, park them. Don't say over there and leave it up to us to decide. People will fuk it up and block others in. And as you have bigger races, parking becomes a premium.

Overall, they did a he!! of a job. Got to see racing in March in Ohio. And track was in good shape for the circumstances and they kept trying. All you can ask for. I'll try and make some shopping cart races this year too I'd guess.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 03-21-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Largest "viewed", exciting races of a Lucas Oil show in Ohio may have just happened in March!

Thanks to the track for kids ticket prices!

Coke. How about adult. $22 @ Atomic!
    $30 @ B-town!!!

Good point, it cost our group $32 more at b'town.

I went to both as well. Wasn't real thrilled with Brownstown, I went last year and it got one lane then. I won't say I won't go back again, cuz more and likely I'll have cabin fever and will want to go.

Atomic was awesome though. I know that kind of track is hard on equipment, but man is it good for the fans. They done a great job.

I normally don't complain about ticket prices, cuz it doesn't bother me to support racing in anyway. Didn't understand why it was so much more at Brownstown though, maybe it had something to do with the support classes, who knows. It was good to get out and smell race fuel again though.

I've watched this race on DoD over and over and over again and if they keep that up, they'll be giving FALS a run for their money for Track Of The Year.
    8/13/16

My season pass at Atomic is always worth every dollar!