Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Brownstown Speedway and the Lucas Oil Series

I spent 8 hours on the interstate and over $100 cash to get in and food. I have railroad tracks right in my back yard. I am trying to give constructive criticism here. I will not come back to Brownstown Speedway until I here these issues are addressed. My first trip to Btown was the first STARS sanctioned race...maybe 1991? Anyway i have been in LOVE with the place since then. However the race i was presented sat. night was anything but entertaining!!! PLEASE rethink your TRACK PREP and what is to PRESENT THE LUCAS OIL DIRT LATE MODEL SERIES ON......you should be trying real hard to make my night memorable NOT miserable. I do not understand this mentality with promoters. I WANT A GOOD RACE ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!! I signed in with my real name so you understand Im serious and you can contact me directly if you wish at chuckgoff02@gmail.com. I hope Brownstown Speedway and everyone involved has a safe and profitable season. I will be back when i hear you water again before the features......YES i LOVE the water truck it shows you CARE.....
    Last edited by Chuck Goff; 03-22-2015 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling

I hear ya !

You drove 8 hours to attend a race at Brownstown in MarchAlthough I do think you made a poor choice on that one, I feel your pain. Nobody likes to travel that far for a snoozer.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You drove 8 hours to attend a race at Brownstown in MarchAlthough I do think you made a poor choice on that one, I feel your pain. Nobody likes to travel that far for a snoozer.
    I will never fault a fan for traveling to a show, especially to get their early year fix in. But I feel the original posters pain and Brownstown. I've seen some of the best races ever at that track, but it's been a good long time since one of those. If I do go back, it will not be for a Lucas show,I have actually all but given up on going to any Lucas shows

I felt the same way. Can't blame it on Lucas though imo, the night before I more an likely seen one of the best races I'll see all year. Same format, same amount of laps for the most part the same cars.

Not trying step anyone toes but you should do some track history research before going. This track been known to be a one groove race track. With the weather they been having there, track surface not be great and hold up. I don't think reworking the track after heat races would done any good. It could of made worst for the drivers set up. But not trying bash the promoters or track officials they have had some good races there before. I just think a march race there not going be good maybe in end of April or early May would be good time to have a lucas show there.

For me it depends on how you look at things. I took my kid down to start his spring break, 5 hours one way. He'd never been to Brownstown and I wanted him to at least be able to say he has. We went fishing for the first time this year and as you'd expect didn't catch a thing. Got to say "Hi" to Steve Barnett who I haven't seen in 14 or so years. Just watching C.J. tootle around was worth the price of admission! Cottle in a late model? Got to meet a driver who posts very knowledgeable stuff in the tech section on here. The weather on Saturday was gorgeous (as I now sit in a snow storm). And on the way home we stopped by Farmer City for their practice and met a kid I've been trying to help on-line with set-up stuff. A memorable race? By no means. But every minute and every mile of our trip was well worth it for me!

My first trip about 3 hours for me, it wasn't a good race... but I wasn't sitting at home or in the shop tinkering on a race car thinking about being at the track.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Reality is Lucas makes it plane to the smaller bull rings thats how it's gonna be run or they won't run there! To much high dollar rides on the line to race them balls out hammer down every week. This isn't news here... been going on for some time now. When a track don't get attention when it obviously needs it, there's a reason for it! Good greef B-Town knew they had to do as Lucas wanted or Lucas wouldn't be there... Same goes for many other tracks. Lol, how does anyone not get that???

When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month.
    If you are a fan that's just itchin to see any kind of racing, then by golly, go for it.
    Just don't b1tch about it afterwards because 9 out of 10 time, this is the type racing you can get.
    8/13/16

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Thumbs up

When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month. If you are a fan that's just itchin to see any kind of racing, then by golly, go for it. Just don't b1tch about it afterwards because 9 out of 10 time, this is the type racing you can get.
    Especially with Lucas, anytime! Unless the track had lots of rain the day prior, and then they just cancel .

The speedway laid down a light mist before the heat races. The heat races were somewhat racy. Why not once again lay down a little water before feature time? This is my bitch. We sat there 30 mins with nothing on the track. Im just calling out the lack of effort given to a capacity crowd. I understand that march racing is hit and miss but with a little effort they didnt have to miss so bad!

What does the LUCAS OIL SERIES have to do with track prep not a thing. Do you really think it is a track owners wish to have a one lane track or a rough track not its not that's just part of dirt racing. In order to see track prep pretty much the same each race asphalt racing might be a better choice for some of y'all. Just be glad you had a choice to go watch a race and be glad that you were able to attend where it was good race or a bad race so many people in the country don't have that choice for what ever reason it may .

When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month.
    Your post is complete horse sh!t!!!!

I don't expect the best track conditions. What I do expect is the best effort possible to provide the best track condition possible!

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    What does the LUCAS OIL SERIES have to do with track prep not a thing. Do you really think it is a track owners wish to have a one lane track or a rough track not its not that's just part of dirt racing. In order to see track prep pretty much the same each race asphalt racing might be a better choice for some of y'all. Just be glad you had a choice to go watch a race and be glad that you were able to attend where it was good race or a bad race so many people in the country don't have that choice for what ever reason it may .
    I'm not sure why people blame Lucas on this deal. I was glad I got to get out of the house and go watch a race. I wasn't real happy with the way it turned out, but I don't see it as money being wasted.

I've been to the Icebreaker twice. Both times the track was so dry it was dusty and painfully slow during hot laps, the suck factor just went up from there.
    Don't see any reason to go back.

there is 1 Lucas race where the track is good and racy and not dirtphault...its called the Knoxville LM Nats. Some of you folks need to venture to this race in 2015 instead of going to crap tracks and paying $$$$$!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Your post is complete horse sh!t!!!!

I don't expect the best track conditions. What I do expect is the best effort possible to provide the best track condition possible!
    and you know zero about track prep clown so carry on. Just because the moisture is not at the surface doesn't mean it's not there. Very easy to get to much water down this time of year. That's why you see tracks come apart this early in the season. It's not what's on the surface, but what's 3 inches deep.
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 03-24-2015 at 04:29 AM.
    8/13/16

You realize that you're arguing against expecting the promoter to do everything possible to provide the best track possible???

Think about that for a minute.

As the promoter of Brownstown Speedway I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all the fans for the lackluster feature at the Icebreaker. In hindsight I now know what went wrong, in a effort to supply the racers with a smooth surface we simply over did it. But I'm not here to make excuses but to let the fans know that I am 100% to blame. Lucas Officials approached me before feature with a recommendation but I refused. So please do not blame the LODLMS in any way. I learned a valuable lesson at the fans expense and will do everything in my power to never let it happen again. Once again I am solely to blame and truly sorry. Thank you for your support,Jim Price