Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    This is a direct quote, "we told him to till it up and water
    And he didn't want to"
    And you said my post was horse sh1t???

Kudos to Jim Price and any other promoter that schedules a event this time of the year. It usually never ends up good.

Just another reason I'm glad WoO rescheduled the Illini.
    8/13/16

Default Which one was it?

Coke,

Your first post said it was a direct quote. The next one you said that it was the information that you were given. So who exactly did you hear this from?

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Ahhh yes... The BS has hit an all time high here today boys and girls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Ahhh yes... The BS has hit an all time high here today boys and girls!!!
    Off the charts CaptainOff the charts indeed.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    People want to believe this theory that Lucas controls the track prep at every race. Especially when there happens to be a bad race like at Brownstown. I've caught a lot of sh!t in the past for saying that wasn't the case. I've seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears that Lucas doesn't control the prep. The track crew controls the prep. I've seen bad races at tracks that have good prep. And I've seen bad tracks have great races. Sometimes that's just how it happens.

Lucas just like any series wants to put the best show on for the fans. Why would they want anything different?
    It's fashionable to some , to bash them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    Coke,

Your first post said it was a direct quote. The next one you said that it was the information that you were given. So who exactly did you hear this from?
    Exactly!

It was a direct quote.,, from a conversation I had with a Lucas guy through messaging. Therefore, is both a quote and information I was given.

Don't let personal bias effect common sense.

Apparently you Lucas bashers weren't at Atomic on Friday. Twelve cars broke the track record. Knocked over half a second off of the TR. Track was not smooth or slick. Davenport was still faster than the old track record in the feature.

Sh!t happens, no track wants to give fans a sh!t show.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyUnbound View Post
    Wow, you got your apology and now you'll be back. You really thought they weren't doing all they could to provide a good track? Why people seem to feel so entitled to have the best experience of their life and then complain when it's not is beyond me. What a cry baby. Everyone is an expert these days. Don't pis em off or they will complain and you'll have to do the politically correct thing. What a douche. Try asking questions next time instead of jumping to conclusions.
    You've never been to a track where it's plainly obvious they only care about profit?

Yes, at times, stuff just doesn't work out. But at least try to show some effort. That is when I get frustrated. Plenty of tracks show no effort, and it means I won't return. I have better things to do with my time than watch cars follow each other's bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And you said my post was horse sh1t???

Only because it was.

Only because it was.
    Never known HH25 to bs. His posts have been consistent in truth with facts for many years now. Not to say your opinion is wrong. Anyone can miss it sometimes, and I'd say you did on this one... Just saying.

You think I missed what?

Your calling post 10 "horse sh!t" COKE. His opinion made logical sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month.
    If you are a fan that's just itchin to see any kind of racing, then by golly, go for it.
    Just don't b1tch about it afterwards because 9 out of 10 time, this is the type racing you can get.
    Gotcha happy, I replied as I did for a couple of reasons. The first is that I know of no one that demands the best track conditions for racing any time of the year let alone this time.

The second is his statement "just don't b!tch about it afterwards...." It wasn't the track condition that's the issue as much as it is the lack of effort by the promoter that I'm b!tching about.

Interestingly, the promoter agrees with me, that's why he was on here apologizing.

Doesn't look like I missed anything.
    Last edited by COKEandaSMILE; 03-25-2015 at 12:30 PM.

chupp n bloomer fan

Apparently you Lucas bashers weren't at Atomic on Friday. Twelve cars broke the track record. Knocked over half a second off of the TR. Track was not smooth or slick. Davenport was still faster than the old track record in the feature.

I was also at Atomic Friday , awesome show. Davenport Broke the track record on lap 39 of 50 in the feature. Superman smoked the field. But it was 2-3 wide for the entire 50 laps from about 3rd on back hammered down racing on the tackiest track I have ever seen. Don't blame Lucus oil series because they can only race on the track that is presented to them & im sure the Brownstown owner never intended on the poor track conditions.

Gotcha happy, I replied as I did for a couple of reasons. The first is that I know of no one that demands the best track conditions for racing any time of the year let alone this time.The second is his statement "just don't b!tch about it afterwards...." It wasn't the track condition that's the issue as much as it is the lack of effort by the promoter that I'm b!tching about.Interestingly, the promoter agrees with me, that's why he was on here apologizing.Doesn't look like I missed anything.
    Still a "crap shot" as was said so I don't see how it's horse shT. The Promoter did as he thought right, and that would have been his "effort" you say wasn't done. You do take a BIG shot at having a bad night this time of year as you said, and the wording "crap shot" is pretty much what you are saying here too!! Essentially you are saying the same "horse Sh!T"... That's what you're missing.

Well, since you continue to make a fool of yourself, and make yourself look sillier and sillier by the minute, who would one believe?
    Brownstown Speedway or Coke anda Smile?
    I probably wouldn't have even responded to your original post had you not come of like a jerk.

This is a direct quote, "we told him to till it up and water
    And he didn't want to"
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownstown Speedway View Post
    They suggested we scratch the bottom lane with the rottera. No water.
    8/13/16

Still a "crap shot" as was said so I don't see how it's horse shT. The Promoter did as he thought right, and that would have been his "effort" you say wasn't done. You do take a BIG shot at having a bad night this time of year as you said, and the wording "crap shot" is pretty much what you are saying here too!! Essentially you are saying the same "horse Sh!T"... That's what you're missing.
    I don't understand why everybody is just talking about this race. I have been to the last 6 lucas races at brownstown and I have seen one good race. The race on Saturday does not compare to the one a couple of years ago, The Jackson, when Jimmy O won. I guarantee you that the cars were not even going 60 mph down the straightaways. The one this past Saturday doesnt compare to some I have seen there. I keep saying I won't go back, my wife couldn't believe I wanted to go the other night, wished I hadn't.

This is part of the conversation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shagger View Post
    I don't understand why everybody is just talking about this race. I have been to the last 6 lucas races at brownstown and I have seen one good race. The race on Saturday does not compare to the one a couple of years ago, The Jackson, when Jimmy O won. I guarantee you that the cars were not even going 60 mph down the straightaways. The one this past Saturday doesnt compare to some I have seen there. I keep saying I won't go back, my wife couldn't believe I wanted to go the other night, wished I hadn't.
    Like I said this can be expected at most places, not all, but most when Lucas is there, and I have gave my reason for it...

Like I said this can be expected at most places, not all, but most when Lucas is there, and I have gave my reason for it...
    Maybe that has to do with the track itself and not the series. Ever thought of that????

Probably not.