Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Earl

its always sad when someone passes away, considering the person he was, he would probably would want everyone to celebrate the legacy he is leaving behind, which for the dirt racing community was one of the greatest there's been, R.I.P. Mr. Baltes.

A very sad day in motorsports. He was a hero of mine who was one of the hardest working people I have ever met. He always had time for me or my son whenever out paths crossed.

Sad day for the racing community everywhere, my condolences to his friends and family.

Just about everybody who has been to Eldora can tell a story or two about him, he will be greatly missed.
    Rollin' Keg Racing

Best quote ever " If I could sell one more hotdog I might break even-Earl Baltes" RIP Earl

Rip...........

A good man has been called home thanks for all you have done for dirt racing, earl r.i.p.

we at a winged sprint car race it came a down pour and we went to the big barn Earl was there and he told us don`t worry we will get this race in,hell i was ready to go home the rain finally let up they packed the track they got the sprint cars on the track and ran everything, it was 4:30am when got home. that was Earl thing to complete the program if at all possible.

RIP Earl. I am fortunate enough to have got to see the Million and 4 World 100's under his leadership, greatest promoter of all time. If there was a mount Rushmore for dirt racing he would be on it.

RIP Earl Baltes. You gave the dirt racing community and family and great racing facility thee hallowed ground of Eldora Speedway in west central Ohio on Route 118 where you could take your family and watch drivers do battle at high speeds. You gave us so much with hard work and sweat you cut a 1/2 mile of speed out of a field, Many a great names have circled the facility, names that include Kinser, Rayburn, Swindell, Bloomquist, Moyer, Wolfgang, Hewitt, T. Stewart, Pervis, Boggs, Moore, Haudenschild, and many more. You put on races that other tracks where maybe afraid to try and some of those turned into huge yearly traditions including the Kings Royal, Dirt Late Model Dream, World 100, and some 1 time happenings like the Eldora Million, Mopar Million, & Historical Big One. The facility is in many ways like no other with a great family atmosphere where you can see folks wearing there favorite drivers and race tracks t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, souvenir flags, race DVD's, with 5 separate camping grounds that surround the track and are usually filled to capacity during the BIG races each year. I doubt we races fans will ever see anyone quite like you in the rest of our life times. For giving people like my self a dirt racing facility I can enjoy for many years to come. For all that and more stated above I say thank you sir. You will be missed by the many who flock to ELDORA each year to watch those races you made so famous and enjoyed by the masses.

ALSO TO remind others here on 4M.net and the many race fans - Earl was a WWII veteran <> So from some one who can appreciate the U.S. Armed Forces for what they do to keep folks like my self FREE I say Thank you for your dedication & service to this country.

I hope Tony Stewart and staff at the Eldora Speedway would create a race in Earls memory not just the Baltes classic. A truly HUGE race that Earl was known for putting on.

God Speed Earl Baltes (93) 1921-2015
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Make The Baltes Classic into something the caliber of the Dream and World but bigger!!$$!!

Earl had a vision.....followed through with it and just look at the incredible things he gave back to fans and drivers alike. RIP Mr Baltes, you left a legacy in the sport few people can match.

pretty sure there will and should be a EARL memorial race with big money attached.... Earl was great and probably the last promoter to come along like him

Rest in peace Mr Baltes, Atrue legend in our sport of dirt track racing. Our thoughts & prayers go out to the family.

Thank You Earl Baltes. RIP
    8/13/16

i was able to be lucky to have been at Earls last raced as he was still the track owner and after all the races were over, all the race haulers gone and fans i was able to to sit at the bar and there was just a handful there...some of the track workers was there but the only one that was talking was Earl and we sit there for about 2 hrs just listening to his stories and the budweiser were on the house. I still have the budweiser can in my case sitting right beside Earls bobble head. R.I.P. Earl and thanks for the memories.

This is a truly sad day. I was wearing an old Snap-On hat when I heard the news. I took it off, bent the brim up and it will now be worn that way every time I attend Eldora Speedway!
    Rest in Peace Earl!
    Last edited by Senroc-Systems; 03-23-2015 at 05:51 PM.

R.I.P God speed Mr Baltes

Thank you Earl !

Thanks a million for the memories.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

We have many memories of Earl. One that I would like share is of the many late, late nights that he would be out working on the track to give all the best racing possible. THANKS EARL, RIP