Thread: LR shocks

Default LR shocks

Running a UMP mod and curious about the LR shock rule. Says 1 shock per corner but been hearing about a lot of guys running 2 LR shocks. I know UMP will not tech it. So what are you guys doin?

Some are running a dummy shock with a coil over instead of a slider, might be what you are seeing. Just a thought.

Some are running two live shocks. Some run it on top of the housing to the chassis and others run on front and back of the cage.

This is the rule:M.) Only one shock per wheel will be permitted. Lay down shocks less than 12” (twelve inches) away frombrake rotor will not be permitted. Additional shocks in other locations will be permitted.So you can put a 3rd or 4th shock anywhere you want as long as it 12" away from brake rotor. I know I have seen some pierce cars with the 3rd shock mounted inboard on the rear.

And that is illegal....I had it that way past year, 13" away from rotor. UMP made me remove it. I also "appealed"and was denied again....might just be who you are though

BSB eliminators can be made into shock if you a savvy enough to figure it outI do not promote breaking rules, true champions will win legitimately
    Last edited by Anonymous24; 03-29-2015 at 07:34 AM.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies