Thread: Sport Mod help

Default Sport Mod help

I have a 2008 Dw9 set up as a Northern Sport Mod with crate. I cant get the car to roll over on the right side, The car is tight as hell going into the corner on and off the throttle. Im only getting 1.5'' of drop on my right rear shock and 2'' on my right front shock. Lf600. Rf600. Lr200. Rr175. Left side 52% Cross 51% Rear 58% 70 pounds of bite. My left trailing arm was in the 3rd hole from bottom and right was in bottom hole I started out with my panhard 2nd hole from bottom on rearend with 18* of rake. I ended up moving in down to bottom hole on rearend with 25* of rake the only thing that did was make the car really bouncy it still didn't roll over anymore on right side. What do I need to do to get it over on the Right side?

Sounds like possibly a bent shock, or something bound or bottoming out. Your setup info suggests you are in the ballpark so I doubt throwing springs or bite at it is going to do anything. Most of the cars that come into my shop with issues you describe are bent/siezed rod ends or balljoints, bent shocks, bent control arms, improper driveshaft length or some other similar issue. Take your suspension apart and check it piece by piece and ensure its operating correctly and then double check your setup.

You may want to check the side-side measurement. If you are sure you have a 60in centered rearend look and see if the driveshaft looks straight with the frame rails. Are the right side tires lined up or RR inside of the RF?

And it looks like the scale % are without you in the car. How much do you weigh?

To much rear a little more left and i agree check suspension parts

I had the same problem with the car last year but I ran a high bank 1/2 mile track so I could work around the car not rolling over. Over the winter I put all new ball joints, springs, heims and had the shock rebuilt hoping that would fix whatever problem was going on with it. I weigh 200 pounds the scale numbers are without me in the car. I set my side to side off the Dirtworks setup book. The right rear tire is inside the right front about 1.5''. The car will get up on the bars it just wont rollover. When the car hikes the left rear up it pushes the yoke into the transmission and is about a inch from bottoming out, if the right rear starts to roll over at the same time will it try to push the yoke in farther or will it start to pull the yoke back out with roll steer?

Try taking all the springs off , leave the shocks on , then move everything up and down to its limits , roll the car like it would be in the corner using jacks . If there is a bind this should find it . I also sent you a pm with more info needed.

Quote Originally Posted by setup479point2 View Post
    Try taking all the springs off , leave the shocks on , then move everything up and down to its limits , roll the car like it would be in the corner using jacks . If there is a bind this should find it . I also sent you a pm with more info needed.
    check to see if drive shaft bottoms in trans. account for pullbar movement, etc.

How long is your yoke? If its a 3 speed trans the splines on tailshaft will only give you a little over 3 inches inside the transmission before the yoke bottoms out.

Your bar angles are way off..... lr should have about 20-23 degrees in it at right height and right side should be about 15-18 degrees.. I bet that thing pushes like a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) freight train.

I took all the springs off left all the shocks on the car I jack the left rear of car up and the only way for the car to get over on the right rear was if the left front was way up in the air or the right front frame rail was all most on the ground. I would think that if there was no springs on the right side of the car, the right side would just fall and hit the floor. How does everyone else car act when done? The transmission is a 3 speed I think the yoke is only 4'' ill have to check tomorrow. How long of yoke does everyone run?

Something isnt right there, if you take the springs out your frame should be on the floor. So what was holding the car up, shock bottomed out or a bar hitting?
    Most everyone is running one of the long 8" yokes but you need to be sure the transmission output shaft is turned down so it will slide in all the way.

Each corner should run through full suspension travel freely . Try each corner one at a time . If that doesn't show anything take the driveshaft out and try the chassis bind test again .