Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aflack83 View Post
    Same day as the Final Four Games... SMH
    Florence has races during the Final Four every year. I just take a radio and listen while I watch the racing. I did this last Saturday because my dad wanted to go to the open practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    No offense to W.V. or KentuckyJust sayin, them 2 are a couple of dandys if you know what I mean.
    yes, I know what you mean. if it wasn't for being a Kentuckian, I sure wouldn't be a wildcats fan. calipari and the university are involved in things they shouldn't be, i'll just let it go at that.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    Kentucky by 18, no contest.
    Remember 1991...unlv vs duke no gave duke a chance against a undefeated team...duke won.

I hear WV is bringing in Laettner to sit on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Remember 1991...unlv vs duke no gave duke a chance against a undefeated team...duke won.

I hear WV is bringing in Laettner to sit on the bench
    I remember, but not this year. say it isn't so zyoung!
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    If only that could happen!! I really like the state of Kentucky, but the attitudes of so many fans and the fact that they have cornered the market on talent to the point of never having to rebuild just takes it too far. When you have a pro farm club competing in the NCAA it spoils the concept of fair competition.

It is likely that they will win the championship again and the fans will be crying like stuck hogs at any call that goes against Kentucky and the announcers will praise them and ignore their opponents like they did Wisconsin last year.
    I agree with your whole post Clayton!!

I would only add that the NCAA has a history of dealing with UK with kid gloves and doles out slaps on the wrist to UK while coming down like a ton of brick on other programs for the same violations. In some cases UK has been caught doing much worse and was punished much less.

The benefits of being a blue blood program, I reckon!! Even so, it kinda' turns a person's stomach just a little!

funny how this thread has gone from the Spring 50 to a couple of the biggest slime balls in college basketball.
    Tell us how ya' really feel, HH!! LOL!!

However, I doubt you would get an argument from anyone. KU and WVU fans included.

How Cal stays off probation is beyond comprehension!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

However, I doubt you would get an argument from anyone. KU and WVU fans included.

Every big time college program greases the palms of the kids coming in some way or another. Whether it be fake classes like UNC was doing or paying of houses for family or cash in hand or whatever...some are just better at it than others.

As for WVU, after that freshman kid shot his mouth off in an interview yesterday, he has "poked the bear", so to speak. If UK doesn't win by 25, I'll be surprised

Kentucky may end up winning the game, but the comment about Huggins being a slim ball & the citizens in WV not arguing with that is crazy, Coach huggins is loved & adored in the state of WV he takes his teams into the coal mines every to see what real life is really like, and the players respond & play hard because of it. as far as Daxter Miles shooting off at the mouth and predicting a win. its not just talk him & this team believe they are winning and are not one bit worried nor intimidated by Kentucky I can assure. if you all have watched not WVU play this year do yourself a favor & tune in tonight. you will see the toughest basketball team in the nation play wearing gold & blue, win or lose. Kentucky will want no more of the mountaineers.

It wasn't the fact he said they were going to win. That is a good thing to have confidence in your team's ability to win.

What got him in trouble is when proceeded to say that UK doesn't play hard and that they don't play as hard as we do. That's what I meant by "poking the bear". UK didn't need anything to get them ready to play tonight, but that comment poured some gas on an already blazing fire, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebandit7 View Post
    Every big time college program greases the palms of the kids coming in some way or another. Whether it be fake classes like UNC was doing or paying of houses for family or cash in hand or whatever...some are just better at it than others.

As for WVU, after that freshman kid shot his mouth off in an interview yesterday, he has "poked the bear", so to speak. If UK doesn't win by 25, I'll be surprised
    Can't dispute what you're saying at all bb7. All you have to do is look at the B1G 10 conference. What's the 3 toughest schools on athletes academically in the B1G 10? Northwestern, Illinois and Indiana. What 3 schools have the worst football programs and most generally the worst basketball programs (Indiana is the exception in basketball because of their heritage)? Northwestern, Illinois and to a lesser extent, Indiana.

Illinois has tried the cheatin' route in football and basketball and the NCAA has come after them with torches lit and pitchforks in hand, strung 'em up and hung 'em out to dry! That doesn't happen at places like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and Carolina in basketball or Southern Cal, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame in football.

That's the big difference I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    Kentucky may end up winning the game, but the comment about Huggins being a slim ball & the citizens in WV not arguing with that is crazy, Coach huggins is loved & adored in the state of WV he takes his teams into the coal mines every to see what real life is really like, and the players respond & play hard because of it. as far as Daxter Miles shooting off at the mouth and predicting a win. its not just talk him & this team believe they are winning and are not one bit worried nor intimidated by Kentucky I can assure. if you all have watched not WVU play this year do yourself a favor & tune in tonight. you will see the toughest basketball team in the nation play wearing gold & blue, win or lose. Kentucky will want no more of the mountaineers.
    Being loved and adored doesn't automatically exempt anyone from being a slime ball, and field trips to coal mines doesn't either. He!!, Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno were loved and adored (still are by some) but we all know what they were. Not at all inferring that Huggy is a pedophile, or someone who would cover up for one but I think you get what is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebandit7 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of us have seen it. The movie blue chips tells a lot about what goes on behind the scenes some of don't really see or think about.

I'm not really what you could call a Duke fan, I can't ever recall them being targeted for allegations of any kind over the years. The fact that Cal has been makes me wonder, he's a great coach no doubt, I just dont see why so many of these high profile recruits want to play there? Yea they have a heritage, but so do a lot of schools.

KU will pay the price after Cal bolts to the NBA. It's a shame innocent players will pay the penalty.

I'm sure a lot of us have seen it. The movie blue chips tells a lot about what goes on behind the scenes some of don't really see or think about.

I'm not really what you could call a Duke fan, I can't ever recall them being targeted for allegations of any kind over the years. The fact that Cal has been makes me wonder, he's a great coach no doubt, I just dont see why so many of these high profile recruits want to play there? Yea they have a heritage, but so do a lot of schools.
    He gets those high profile players because of his ties to the pros and his NBA style of play that they say better prepares them for a pro career.
    8/13/16

Can't dispute what you're saying at all bb7. All you have to do is look at the B1G 10 conference. What's the 3 toughest schools on athletes academically in the B1G 10? Northwestern, Illinois and Indiana. What 3 schools have the worst football programs and most generally the worst basketball programs (Indiana is the exception in basketball because of their heritage)? Northwestern, Illinois and to a lesser extent, Indiana.

Illinois has tried the cheatin' route in football and basketball and the NCAA has come after them with torches lit and pitchforks in hand, strung 'em up and hung 'em out to dry! That doesn't happen at places like Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and Carolina in basketball or Southern Cal, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame in football.

That's the big difference I'm talking about.

Being loved and adored doesn't automatically exempt anyone from being a slime ball, and field trips to coal mines doesn't either. He!!, Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno were loved and adored (still are by some) but we all know what they were. Not at all inferring that Huggy is a pedophile, or someone who would cover up for one but I think you get what is being said.

Agree with you for the most part but I would say University of Michigan is a better school academically then Illinois and Indiana.JMO

[QUOTE=Highside Hustler25;1906512]KU will pay the price after Cal bolts to the NBA. It's a shame innocent players will pay the penalty.

Cal isn't a saint, that's for sure. I bleed blue and have all my life. I went to school at UK. But, eventually, I think that he will leave UK in a shambles just like he did UMass and Memphis. But, he won't bolt for the NBA just yet. He's been there and done that and sucked at it. It won't be this year because there are no good openings available where'd he would be able to win right off the bat. He doesn't need the money so why take a job with the Brooklyn Nets or some other sub-par team where you're going to get your ass handed to you night in and night out. The only way I see him going to the NBA anytime soon is if he knows that the $@&$ is going to hit the fan.

[QUOTE=buckeyebandit7;1906552]
    KU will pay the price after Cal bolts to the NBA. It's a shame innocent players will pay the penalty.

Cal isn't a saint, that's for sure. I bleed blue and have all my life. I went to school at UK. But, eventually, I think that he will leave UK in a shambles just like he did UMass and Memphis. But, he won't bolt for the NBA just yet. He's been there and done that and sucked at it. It won't be this year because there are no good openings available where'd he would be able to win right off the bat. He doesn't need the money so why take a job with the Brooklyn Nets or some other sub-par team where you're going to get your ass handed to you night in and night out. The only way I see him going to the NBA anytime soon is if he knows that the $@&$ is going to hit the fan.
    I don't see him leaving to go pro anytime soon, I don't see him staying at UK forever either. There's no way one man could withstand the pressure of having to produce a team like he has every year since he's been there, and expect nothing but a national title each year. Last year I felt like was his best coaching year ever. That team wasn't that good (barely making the touney) and they made it to the title game.

The type of players he brings in are most of the time the best players in their high school teams and most likely that same state. How he gets those kids egos under control is beyond me.

Looking to me that Kentucky wouldn't mind seeing more of the mountaineers! This UK team is.R I D icolous

Not that it had anything to do with the score. I hope they don't put the same refs in for championship game. The players couldn't fart on one another without a whistle being blown.

Looks like it's on the hot shooting Irish.

Smile

I hope ND is as tough as WV.

Not that it had anything to do with the score. I hope they don't put the same refs in for championship game. The players couldn't fart on one another without a whistle being blown.

Looks like it's on the hot shooting Irish.
    Agreed...officiating was terrible going both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    Agree with you for the most part but I would say University of Michigan is a better school academically then Illinois and Indiana.JMO
    No argument there SFF15. In some departments Michigan is rated higher than Illinois and Indiana, in others Illinois and Indiana is more highly regarded. Overall Michigan is probably rated the highest against Illinois and Indiana, it's been a while since I looked at the academic rankings.

An example of the comparison I mention, Indiana has a much better liberal arts department than any other school in the B1G 10, and Illinois has an engineering department that is rated third behind only MIT and Cal Tech. Illinois has a very highly rated accounting department along with the best science and agriculture departments in the B1G 10 (sorry Purdue, Iowa, Ohio State and Michigan State, Illinois' ag dept. is tops).

But, Northwestern has them all beat academically among undergraduates and also in their athletic programs.

That said, Illinois, Indiana and Northwestern all have higher academic standards for admission of student athletes than Michigan and the rest of the B1G 10. That's the reference I was making.