Default The Dirt Capitol Gives Something Special To a Champion

The Dirt Capitol Gives Something Special To a Champion................. The Dirt Capitol LLC was approached by the family of Rodney Franklin this week about an amazing race in which we will call “Salute to a Champion" for Rodney Franklin....................... As most of you know Rodney Franklin was one of the top Late Model drivers at the Dirt Capitol LLC/Hagerstown Speedway in the 80’s and 90’s. Winning was the norm giving him the name “The Virginia Lead Foot”.................... PR Director Danny Wilson, “This event has been put together in just a few days. Rodney’s health is not the greatest therefore Dirt Capitol LLC & the Family of Rodney Franklin has worked extremely hard to make this happen so quickly”...................... In the 80’s and 90’s Franklin was the man. Winning countless races not only at the Hagerstown Speedway but also at most any track in the tri-state area. Franklin was the Hagerstown Speedway Track Champion in 1997 and 98 and during his prime he won several of the top races at the Hagerstown Speedway..................... On April 18th the Dirt Capitol LLC/Hagerstown Speedway will host the “Salute to a Champion” event for Rodney Franklin in which drivers will race 33 laps for $4301 to win. We are also collecting lap money, hard charger money and more, therefore the overall winnings will most likely increase. Currently Creed Calton, former car owner for Rodney Franklin has put up $1000 for the driver that leads lap #1. Originally the event was $3301 to win but David and Connie Stultz has put up $1000 making this event $4301 to win and we hope to have more........................ If you would like to donate to this event on April 18th, you may do so by mailing your check to – Dirt Capitol LLC at 4786 Williamsport Pike, Martinsburg WV 25404. Please keep in mind that donations start at $33. Also, on your check please note the lap in which you are sponsoring.............. Dirt Capitol LLC Promoter Ernie Davis and staff would welcome any help or donates to make this event successful....................... “We are working diligently to make this event successful. Rodney was not only a great driver and champion but he is a great man. It is an honor for Dirt Capitol LLC to host this event”. General Manager Keya Davis................... This time trialed Late Model “The Salute to a Champion” for Rodney Franklin event will be on April 18th at 7pm at the Dirt Capitol LLC/Hagerstown Speedway................. For up to date information about this event or others, please visit our web site at http://dirtcapitol.com. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter................

Real nice deal being put together here. Hope its a good turnout, both car count wise and fan support..

darn i'd loved to be at this.

Watched many a race when Rodney Franklin was still driving. This is a well deserved event. Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by skicker View Post
    Watched many a race when Rodney Franklin was still driving. This is a well deserved event. Kudos
    I wish I could be there to see this race. My uncle bought a bullitt car from Mr. Franklin and I still have that door in my garage. I was 11 years old when he got that car.